YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:21 am

Peter wrote: The output of support and love across the Shenmue community today is what makes it great. No arguing over character models, look, direction... just Shenmue :heart:

Thankfully Suzuki made the announcement himself. I can't imagine the backlash if it were made by Joey lol

south carmain has received a thanks from: Telekill
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Telekill » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:25 am

delvec19 wrote: Image

I'm pretty sure Sega have been aware of the demand for Shenmue HD for some years now. That doesn't mean they care to do anything about it. Sega used to be my favorite gaming company back in the Game Gear and Genesis days. Heck, even the Dreamcast days they were on top in my book. After that though, they completely fell down the well and little Timmy(Sega) hasn't been able to climb out yet.

Have you noticed that the two classic Sega IPs that most are looking forward too are done by other development companies outside of Sega? They simply have the Sega logo on them. The first being Shenmue 3 obviously. The second being Sonic Mania. When Sega attempted to do 2D Sonic with Sonic 4, they messed up the physics so bad it was like controlling a bowling ball. Sonic Mania looks to be a true return to form and that's mostly thanks to Christian Whitehead and his team. It's the first Sonic I've looked forward too since Sonic Adventure was a launch title on Dreamcast.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:26 am

On the subject of a reveal trailer - we got any bets/predictions on when it'll happen?

I'm going to hedge my bets based on what we know (specifically the desire to showcase at a big games event, even if they haven't pulled the trigger yet), and say PSX this year. I dunno if they'll drag it out all the way until E3 next year, but you never know.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:29 am

Spaghetti wrote: On the subject of a reveal trailer - we got any bets/predictions on when it'll happen?

I'm going to hedge my bets based on what we know (specifically the desire to showcase at a big games event, even if they haven't pulled the trigger yet), and say PSX this year. I dunno if they'll drag it out all the way until E3 next year, but you never know.

Cedric said the team are hoping to release something soon so maybe we'll see something at PSX, maybe a teaser, but I expect them to wait for E3 to release a trailer that shows the game properly.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:33 am

south carmain wrote:Cedric said the team are hoping to release something soon so maybe we'll see something at PSX, maybe a teaser, but I expect them to wait for E3 to release a trailer that shows the game properly.

I remember the tweet, but I think that was more his personal hopes than intent on showing something.

We may get something in the summer. I dunno, just got a feeling.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jibby » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:34 am

Don't have much to add to what's already been said. Very glad that they've decided to delay the game instead of making it a rush job. Also gives up more time for the HD editions to come out.

Really happy to see such a positive response to this too!

Jibby has received a thanks from: James Brown
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:35 am

I don't mind the delay at all. I want them to make a game that won't just be the third game in a trilogy that will always remain a trilogy. I want them to make a game that leads the series to a fourth installment or more if that's what it takes. If ever there was a time to get a game right it's now. So much is riding on Shenmue 3. We don't want to have another situation where we're stuck in a cave except this time it's forever.

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:35 am

Spaghetti wrote: On the subject of a reveal trailer - we got any bets/predictions on when it'll happen?

I'm going with MAGIC early next year.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Telekill » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:38 am

Well, it really goes to a choice of two events; PSX 2017 or E3 2018. If they are still planning on a reveal trailer at a large show, it will be one of those unless there is another delay (hope not as 3 years is a painfully long wait as is). Assuming it comes out fall or winter of next year, those are our only two options.

My bet goes for a smattering of info and small leaks like we've had with Kickstarter backer updates followed by a proper reveal trailer for the masses at E3 2018 with a firm 2018 announcement date. That's my guess.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:39 am

Sonoshee wrote:I'm going with MAGIC early next year.

I'd actually forgot about MAGIC.

Probably not the ideal venue for a big reveal... but a teaser and some screens in an update? Sure, it's possible.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:40 am

Spaghetti wrote:
south carmain wrote:Cedric said the team are hoping to release something soon so maybe we'll see something at PSX, maybe a teaser, but I expect them to wait for E3 to release a trailer that shows the game properly.

I remember the tweet, but I think that was more his personal hopes than intent on showing something.

We may get something in the summer. I dunno, just got a feeling.

Didn't he say "we are all hoping" implying it's the team that are hoping to have something available soon?
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:42 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Sonoshee wrote:I'm going with MAGIC early next year.

I'd actually forgot about MAGIC.

Probably not the ideal venue for a big reveal... but a teaser and some screens in an update? Sure, it's possible.

MAGIC would be a possible place for a small reveal, since Shibuya Prod. is one of the main backers.

Then perhaps a more substantial trailer a few months later at E3.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:44 am

Telekill wrote:Well, it really goes to a choice of two events; PSX 2017 or E3 2018. If they are still planning on a reveal trailer at a large show, it will be one of those unless there is another delay (hope not as 3 years is a painfully long wait as is). Assuming it comes out fall or winter of next year, those are our only two options.

My bet goes for a smattering of info and small leaks like we've had with Kickstarter backer updates followed by a proper reveal trailer for the masses at E3 2018 with a firm 2018 announcement date. That's my guess.

The only problem I see with this, is the backer demo. I think (hope?) we'll be getting it by the end of the year. They'd have to do some kind of reveal before they release that.

Maybe they could do a smaller trailer focused mainly on Bailu village and the content of the backer demo, and save the big, bombastic full reveal for later. Or they could just drop the backer demo without a trailer, which would be an interesting and mysterious way to do it. Let the demo itself be the first reveal.

south carmain wrote:Didn't he say "we are all hoping" implying it's the team that are hoping to have something available soon?

Best err on the side of caution with that one.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:47 am

Spaghetti wrote:
south carmain wrote:Didn't he say "we are all hoping" implying it's the team that are hoping to have something available soon?

Best err on the side of caution with that one.

Well if it were their intent at the time of the tweet I wouldn't be surprised if they changed their minds after the polarizing reception the latest character reveal got. It would be nice to see something soon though, even if it is a teaser.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:48 am

E3 2018 Trailer is going to be the shit!!! So hyped!!
I was originally sad when they called a E3 no show this year, just because we would miss out of having all those eyes on Shenmue before release. However, now that it is delayed, we will 100% be at E3 2018 to show off some amazing footage of the game which will get the hype train rolling all the way up to release day!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III