YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Postby Technophilz » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:44 am

Peter wrote:

All opinions are welcome, but keep insulting the development team of Shenmue when they are not here to defend themselves and you won't be around here for much longer, on top of spreading information that I can tell you right now is either very sorely mistaken on your part, or just fathomly made up by yourself in the name of trying poorly to troll.

You show up once a month and spew your negative bile all over the place which does nothing for me but make me feel sorry for you. No one agrees with you, or cares quite frankly.

I don't think I insulted any members of the development team by saying they lack the level of experience needed for a special project like Shenmue 3, especially that any kind of insult to anyone won't be something the community (including myself) would ever appreciate.
On the other hand, Neilo, which is listed as the main developer of Shenmue 3, was founded in 2010 in Japan, and since then, they only developed/released ONE rhythm mobile japan-only game (Orgarhythm was released in 2012 for PSVita and Android) Source. And you can check the full list of the games developed by Suzuki-san to know that his last console game was released in 2003 on the original Xbox; Moreover, the horrible Twitch streams done by AJ alongside many badly-photoshopped officially released images also indicate that they're not professionally done and that's not even close to the level of quality of Shenmue I and II.

I show up once a month indeed mostly alongside the monthly updates, and I try to be realistic with my opinion based on what I see instead of what I dream of, and or course you and everyone else are entitled to totally disagree with everything I said or will ever say ...
Last edited by Technophilz on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Technophilz has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby Mystere » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:45 am

Telekill wrote:Oh, I don't expect the backer demo before summer 2018 and it WILL be very small. I don't recall there ever being a playable demo of a Shenmue game as it's simply not that type of game.

As well as What's Shenmue which has already been mentioned, there was also a Shenmue II demo released via UK Xbox magazines. It contained the game / story all the way to Queen St. So yeah, both games had demos released.

Mystere has received 2 thanks from: RootyKazooty, Telekill
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Switch » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:53 am

I've put up a blog post about the announcement on Phantom River Stone:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/0 ... -2018.html

I made a slightly fuller translation of Yu's comment from the video. The official captions are fine so far as meaning but I felt they lost a little bit of the nuance.

Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Telekill » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:53 am

Technophilz wrote:I don't think I insulted any members of the development team by saying they lack the level of experience needed for a special project like Shenmue 3,

Had you phrased it like that in the first place, it would not have been an insult. Instead you called them noobs which is very disrespectful and insulting.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:55 am

Technophilz wrote:
Peter wrote:

All opinions are welcome, but keep insulting the development team of Shenmue when they are not here to defend themselves and you won't be around here for much longer, on top of spreading information that I can tell you right now is either very sorely mistaken on your part, or just fathomly made up by yourself in the name of trying poorly to troll.

You show up once a month and spew your negative bile all over the place which does nothing for me but make me feel sorry for you. No one agrees with you, or cares quite frankly.

I don't think I insulted any members of the development team by saying they lack the level of experience needed for a special project like Shenmue 3, especially that any kind of insult to anyone won't be something the community (including myself) would ever appreciate.
On the other hand, Neilo, which is listed as the main developer of Shenmue 3, was founded in 2010 in Japan, and since then, they only developed/released ONE rhythm mobile japan-only game (Orgarhythm was released in 2012 for PSVita and Android) Source. And you can check the full list of the games developed by Suzuki-san to know that his last console game was released in 2003 on the original Xbox; Moreover, the horrible Twitch streams done by AJ alongside many badly-photoshopped officially released images also indicate that they're not professionally done and that's not even close to the level of quality of Shenmue I and II.

I show up once a month indeed mostly alongside the monthly updates, and I try to be realistic with my opinion based on what I see instead of what I dream of, and or course you and everyone else are entitled to totally disagree with everything I said or will ever say ...

You left out one important detail:

[Neilo was]Founded by Takeshi Hirai in 2010, after previously working at Bandai, Irem, and Sega, where he was the lead programmer of the Shenmue series.

So let me get this straight: you're displeased the LEAD PROGRAMMER of Shenmue I and II is working on Shenmue III??

mjq jazz bar has received 2 thanks from: Jibby, SheepheadCG
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:57 am

Phil.

If you looked into things a bit more (ie. the YSnet website) you'd see that they are hiring and only hiring experienced developers and those familar with UE4.
Veteran developers that Yu has hired from the AM2 development team of the past are people who I'd trust more than having some other "big company" step in and take over. These guys lived and breathed Shenmue for many years. They know Shenmue. They ARE Shenmue.

It really doesn't matter how long Suzuki has been out of the game, he's still the visionary he always was. You can tell by some of the idea's he has for Shenmue 3. Like the Rapport system; whereby Shenhua or other NPC's will be a certain proximity to or away from you depending on the level of trust. That's pretty impressive. I don't remember seeing that kind of feature in any other game to date. It's these little touches that will make Shenmue 3 as intimate and impressive as the previous instalments.

I can understand the worries you have. But when you look at things logically, you'll see that we really do have the best team and the best guys behind Shenmue 3.

Just give them the benefit of the doubt if you can't give them trust.

Sonoshee has received 2 thanks from: RootyKazooty, Technophilz
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Coromasta » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:10 am

Great! Not only can we expect a game fully polished, I even get to donate more to the development :D
Coromasta

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Technophilz » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:12 am

mjq jazz bar wrote:
You left out one important detail:

[Neilo was]Founded by Takeshi Hirai in 2010, after previously working at Bandai, Irem, and Sega, where he was the lead programmer of the Shenmue series.

So let me get this straight: you're displeased the LEAD PROGRAMMER of Shenmue I and II is working on Shenmue III??

Nope, I am not.
My point was that Neilo (founded the the LEAD PROGRAMMER of Shenmue I and II) have only managed to release ONE japan-only rhythm mobile game in their entire lifetime .. and something as huge as Shenmue 3 is going to be their second...
Technophilz

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:14 am

And who knows what they've been working on since they released that game? Maybe they were learning UE4? Maybe they were already talking to Yu Suzuki? You're using things you know nothing about as negatives.

Honestly, the fact the lead programmer and the visionary behind the series, who's also a legend in the industry, are behind the game gives me faith game isn't going to be a pathetic cash-grab. That's just me, though. You're seriously underestimating them if you think they've just sat around doing nothing for a decade.
Last edited by mjq jazz bar on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Peter » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:16 am

Technophilz wrote:
Peter wrote:

Right.

I am a huge avocate of communication so I am gonna try here and not get pissed off at what I am sure you would agree, is your repetitive posting on a semi regular basis where you give your opinion, which is mostly negative.

Instead of me waffling on myself, which I would be the frist to admit I am completely guilty of, I will start small. Can I ask you if there is anything positive you have an opinion of, regarding the past 2 years?

I have responses to your post, but that can come later. For now, I just want to see some positivity here from yourself, based on the assumption that the reason you are here, like the rest of us, is because at the end of it all, we have a love and a respect for this series and it's creator.

Peter has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ConanTheKing » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:25 am

Glad he was just upfront and told us rather than becoming silent and just ignoring the fans.
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:26 am

Honestly been expecting this for months now. For what their goal is a year and a half never seemed feasible. I'm fine with the delay. Means they don't make a rushed product. PS4 is so loaded on games this year I have plenty to occupy me until 2018.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:37 am

Sega and Atlus have just revealed their E3 line up. Obviously this isn't the full line up, just stuff that is previously announced. Some very exiting stuff so far, lets hope they pull out a couple of wild cards :P

http://www.dualshockers.com/sega-and-atlus-reveals-e3-line/

SheepheadCG has received a thanks from: celsowm
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Centrale » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:46 am

As many have said already, it seemed unrealistic to expect Dec. 2017 as the release date. Still, in my eagerness to continue the saga I held out hope that it might be possible. Now that the delay is official I'm heartened by what Yu Suzuki said about the game turning out to be bigger and more beautiful than even he had expected. So, the wait continues, but with even greater excitement. I'm interested to read the details in the upcoming backer report. I hope we'll see some more glimpses of gameplay in the near future; however, I understand that that's something of a double-edged sword among a general audience.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Technophilz » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:05 pm

Peter wrote:

Right.

I am a huge avocate of communication so I am gonna try here and not get pissed off at what I am sure you would agree, is your repetitive posting on a semi regular basis where you give your opinion, which is mostly negative.

Instead of me waffling on myself, which I would be the frist to admit I am completely guilty of, I will start small. Can I ask you if there is anything positive you have an opinion of, regarding the past 2 years?

I have responses to your post, but that can come later. For now, I just want to see some positivity here from yourself, based on the assumption that the reason you are here, like the rest of us, is because at the end of it all, we have a love and a respect for this series and it's creator.

You're totally right Peter, my opinion was (and still is) mostly negative, and that makes me feel really sad and frustrated ...
Shenmue I & II not only changed me as a gamer, but also changed my entire life and my carrier as well, those two games taught me how to be as close to perfection as possible in every aspect, I appreciated how Suzuki-san back then went way beyond everyone else in terms of realism, audio/visual design, software engineering, code optimisation, etc ...
That seemed to have raised my expectations so high for Shenmue 3, that I won't feel satisfied with anything less that perfect, and I sincerely hope this is still achievable with the resources available for Shenmue 3 right now...

When the Shenmue 3 project was announced, I jumped off my couch with excitement and almost broke my leg, I backed up the project seconds after the Kickstarter page went live, and I never regretted it ...

I want Shenmue 3 to be the best game ever made, not only because it's my most anticipated game of all time, but also Shenmue 3 will most certainly determine the fate of this fantastic series, I could never forget how the commercial outcome of Shenmue I & II had affected the future of Shenmue and I don't want to ever relive that nightmare again...

I'm here simply because this Dojo is THE place to be for us diehard Shenmue fans from all around the globe, not only because I personally have a love and respect to the series and to its creator, but also because Shenmue to me is much more than the best gaming experience I have ever had, and guess what? We're finally getting a third one sometime in the future and maybe HD remastered versions of the previous ones too, which I sincerely hope it'll end up making all my negativity sound like total nonsense, and that will make me feel so happy that I was wrong all along ...

Technophilz has received 2 thanks from: Peter, RootyKazooty
Technophilz

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III