YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:54 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: The question is, where do Vgchartz' numbers come from and do they include retail only or do they include digital too?

Probably some sort of ouija board.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Deta » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote:
Still 150k copies sold in the US and Europe combined are fucking disappointing, especially considering the fact that contrary to earlier Yakuza games Sega actually did some halway decent marketing for it and it was widely praised by gaming media.

Finger crossed ysnet has a good marketing strategy for S3(Sony im looking at you). :roll: Yeah without saying 1million sold copies wont be a walk in a park.
Deta
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Fei Fong Wong » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:40 pm

Finally! i was expecting this announcement since a year or so, its cool, its understandable, they couldnt release the game year, i hope they have all the time of the world to make a polished gem that we can appreciate, far from the rushed games that populate the world today.
Fei Fong Wong
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Fei1984
Steam: Fei Wong
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Pillars of Eternity

Postby adom11800 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:13 pm

I'm more worried about Shenmue V. (I can't believe I'm actually saying those words 'Shenmue 5.')
adom11800

Postby fittersau » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:18 am

Missed the anniversary of Reuben Kee uploading his version of Reflections, but it was 10 years ago he played this for us.

phpBB [video]

fittersau has received 3 thanks from: DrakePain, Mr357, Sonoshee
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Valascaziel » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:51 am

Still 150k copies sold in the US and Europe combined are fucking disappointing, especially considering the fact that contrary to earlier Yakuza games Sega actually did some halway decent marketing for it and it was widely praised by gaming media.

I'm not too terribly worried. There wasn't much indication that Nier: Automata would break the 1 mil barrier, as the original game was very niche and the sequel a very unlikely event.

It got past the 1 million barrier as well. Yes, it had a publisher and some marketing, so we'll see what Sony ponies up when the time comes for Shenmue III.

The release of the HDs will make a big difference as well...and yes, they are still coming.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sappharad » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Since I haven't gotten around to saying this yet...

I'm really looking forward to the next update. The fact that they promised more details about the revised schedule is something I've been hoping they would do since late last year. At the end of last year I was hoping they'd provide a more detailed schedule regarding when they would be doing things (when do they start motion capture? recording the voiceovers? etc.) and it sounds like we could potentially get that information now. The wait will be much more exciting when we have a better idea of what happens when, and they can do this without spoiling any details about the game itself.

We have only a little over 2 weeks left to wait for a potentially great update.

Sappharad has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, Spaghetti
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:04 pm

Something weird I've noticed - some people are claiming this delay is not the first for the game; which we obviously know is false.

I just have to wonder how narratives like this even begin...

Either way, if you see something like that, don't be afraid to set the record straight.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Sappharad wrote: Since I haven't gotten around to saying this yet...

I'm really looking forward to the next update. The fact that they promised more details about the revised schedule is something I've been hoping they would do since late last year. At the end of last year I was hoping they'd provide a more detailed schedule regarding when they would be doing things (when do they start motion capture? recording the voiceovers? etc.) and it sounds like we could potentially get that information now. The wait will be much more exciting when we have a better idea of what happens when, and they can do this without spoiling any details about the game itself.

We have only a little over 2 weeks left to wait for a potentially great update.

It may just be a more nuts and bolts update about what's happening to surveys, etc.

But I'm keeping my mind open for it to be a little more.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:29 am

Spaghetti wrote: Something weird I've noticed - some people are claiming this delay is not the first for the game; which we obviously know is false.

Either way, if you see something like that, don't be afraid to set the record straight.

Yeah, I've noticed that and I can't explain where it comes from.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:45 pm

Kiske wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: Something weird I've noticed - some people are claiming this delay is not the first for the game; which we obviously know is false.

Yeah, I've noticed that and I can't explain where it comes from.

Some people most likely were confused, "kickstarter project gets delayed", they probably thought it was another game.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby adom11800 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:22 am

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: If Shenmue III pleases the fanbase, all they have to do is start another kickstarter campaign for IV...

I'm getting this feeling something like that might happen. Yu Suzuki said 'There will be no Shenmue 4 if fans aren't happy with Shenmue 3.' So I don't know if he meant how many copies are sold judged on that or if he meant the reviews of the game or something.
adom11800

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:15 pm

Inversely, Cedric has said the plan is to not return to crowdfunding if Shenmue III is successful enough; so let's hope that is the case.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby adom11800 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:02 am

^ Yeah and then hopefully the series will end with Shenmue 4.
adom11800

Postby fittersau » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:45 am

adom11800 wrote: ^ Yeah and then hopefully the series will end with Shenmue 4.

I hope so, I don't want the story to be dragged out and incomplete again or finished in manga form.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III