Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Yokosuka
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Postby Sappharad » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:50 pm

Since I haven't commented on this update yet...

Both last month and this month's update are the kind of stuff I was expecting to start getting last fall. Based on the new release date, perhaps the trailer they were planning for last December will drop at Gamescom in August? It's good that they're confirming their plans in advance now too. This was a good update.

If they end up going to PSX this year, it will mean I'll have to go again. Especially since PSX has autograph sessions, and Yu Suzuki would be an obvious one for them to have. Here's hoping.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:09 pm

adom11800 wrote: As much as I'm liking the positive way game websites are sharing the news. I can't help but notice them to be a tad misleading. http://www.game-debate.com/news/23230/s ... -in-august. Shenmue 3 trailers? Maybe I'm wrong or nit picking but I doubt we will see too much yet.

It's positive that they showed the previous logo because people may not understand why the logo improvement is so important.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby adom11800 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:59 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
adom11800 wrote: As much as I'm liking the positive way game websites are sharing the news. I can't help but notice them to be a tad misleading. http://www.game-debate.com/news/23230/s ... -in-august. Shenmue 3 trailers? Maybe I'm wrong or nit picking but I doubt we will see too much yet.

It's positive that they showed the previous logo because people may not understand why the logo improvement is so important.

True, it is a very nice logo. It just feels right with the colouring and how it's a bit different to Shenmue's and Shenmue 2's logo. Especially with the 'III' bit of course and I can picture it on the Shenmue 3 box art.
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby The_Intruder » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Do you think they will show the leaders of the ChiYou Men in the trailer or just free battles, mini games, Ryo and Shenhua, jobs etc?
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:42 pm

Depends. This probably won't be the only time Shenmue III appears at a games event, so YSnet will probably hold some stuff back.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby The_Intruder » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:15 pm

I been doing some thinking about it and it won't be a good idea to show the leaders at the first event. Some artwork is fine but not in video form yet. Is better to keep some secrets to let people imagination in mysteries.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Centrale » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:31 pm

My expectation is that we'll see some clips of gameplay, but not a cinematic-style trailer. But my prediction success rate is pretty close to zero, so ... look forward to the cinematic trailer?
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:49 am

Thank God, they brought the Shenmue logo back. Can't even express how relieved I am.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: iyapol
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:06 am

BlueMue wrote: No way, they're coming to Germany? Just a while ago I was asking myself if Yu Suzuki ever set foot here and now this opportunity, if he somehow attends the show himself. No matter how there's no excuse this time, I have to get there somehow!

And finally the real Shenmue III logo. Even though it's still thin on content this update is the best one so far! =D>

He has come to Germany before. During the pre-prduction of Outrun he drove through Europe, to gather locations for the game and he also drove through Germany for that. I got that from the biography "Le Maitre de Sega".
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:51 am

Excellent news, it looks like we are entering in the "interesting" phase of development where they start showing pics and videos. Next year's wait will be unbearable.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:59 am

Centrale wrote: My expectation is that we'll see some clips of gameplay, but not a cinematic-style trailer. But my prediction success rate is pretty close to zero, so ... look forward to the cinematic trailer?

There are so many ways YSnet could play this, that predictions are really tough to make.

Using what Japan dinner backers saw as a baseline, we can at least expect environment reveals and some cutscene material (voiced or not is another matter).

At the same time, gameplay systems were the primary focus from the earliest days of the prototype, and we saw snippets of FREE Quest gameplay in footage from February that made it into the March update; which will be six months old by the time Gamescom rolls around...

Also considering the phrase "movie clips" in the update is an intentional plural, we should be getting more than one video.

Anything is possible!
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:35 am

The plural thing could be a case of "Lost in Traslation" though. Do Japanese nouns even have a plural form? Sounds like a case for Switch or Kiyuu.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:45 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: The plural thing could be a case of "Lost in Traslation" though. Do Japanese nouns even have a plural form? Sounds like a case for Switch or Kiyuu.

I asked Switch about it when the update came out. Can't quite remember exactly how he put it, but I think it was along the lines of the Japanese update not making the distinction between singular and plural, and that it'd have to be something whoever wrote the English version would have to check with the author of the Japanese version. The assumption is that they did, because the English version of the update is very accurate to the Japanese.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:55 am

What's with the cartoon drawings of the characters looking so anime, i.e. not realistic? Thank god the actual character models look in proportion... not sure who is drawing the characters.
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III