Gamescom Roll Call - attendees and meet up arrangements.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Gamescom Roll Call - attendees and meet up arrangements.

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:44 am

So who's in? Who's going to be there? We have the potential for the biggest meet up, so it would be awesome to see a lot of you there!

Peter has received 3 thanks from: b_ren, Esppiral, The_Intruder
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Gamescom Roll Call

Postby The_Intruder » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:05 am

I never attend any game show but do you know if they have a conference on Gamescom?
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:14 am

The_Intruder wrote: I never attend any game show but do you know if they have a conference on Gamescom?

If we're talking about Sony, then yes - when they've attended they've had a livestreamed conference similar to E3.

I'm not sure if Sony have confirmed they'll be there this year, but they definitely have hinted at it. I think it's safe to say they'll be there, and Shenmue III will have their showing at their conference.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: The_Intruder
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Wickio » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:17 am

Peter wrote: So who's in? Who's going to be there? We have the potential for the biggest meet up, so it would be awesome to see a lot of you there!

I'm definitely considering it. Had a look and it appears that Saturday is already sold out, would be good to know when they're doing their bit!
Wickio
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Sentosha
XBL: Sentosha
Steam: Wickio

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:28 am

I am just going Wed-Fri anyways. There will be a great atmosphere at it.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby The_Intruder » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:39 am

Spaghetti wrote:
The_Intruder wrote: I never attend any game show but do you know if they have a conference on Gamescom?

If we're talking about Sony, then yes - when they've attended they've had a livestreamed conference similar to E3.

I'm not sure if Sony have confirmed they'll be there this year, but they definitely have hinted at it. I think it's safe to say they'll be there, and Shenmue III will have their showing at their conference.

Thanks for clarifying that Spaghetti. I wonder how the trailer will start. If their showing a clip it must mean that Ryo model is final.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:47 am

Good luck with hotels. You are talking £600 and up. That's even 10 miles from the venue.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:56 am

I very close to pulling the trigger but am trying not too due to the money involved. I looked at hotels and the prices are crazy, however you can get an AirBNB for like 52 quid a night which is about a 5km walk to the venue (15 minute train/bus).
I've always followed Gamescom via Twitch and stuff, so I don't really know what the in person experience is like. The main question on my mind currently is, Will YSnet be apart of a Conference (Like Sony in 2014 - Link says they are considering it:
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/06/e3_2017_sony_considering_gamescom_2017_press_conference), or will they have their own booth?

If it was just part of the livestream, I'd be happy to give it a miss, but if YSnet have their own booth showing off the game!?!!!?!?! lol I'd totally be down. Honestly I think the chances of them having their own booth are slim though, simply down to the amount of the game we have seen. What you guys think?
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby BlueMue » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:28 am

This is my chance finally, I'll definately attend the show for at least the day they're planning to unveil the game when they got something on stage. Not sure how exactly I'm gonna do it but man I really have to this time!

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Mr357
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:17 am

Cheapest hotel I could get was out beside the Airport. £110 a night. Still pretty steep but it is what it is.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby adom11800 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:31 am

Can we please do another countdown to E3/twitch/stream kind of thing? This is more exciting then E3 as we know Shenmue 3 is gonna be there for real, there's gonna be actual footage and also new announcements. I used to love getting home from work and going on youtube to see everyone chatting while Shenmue music played. Good times.
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Ziming » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:36 pm

adom11800 wrote: Can we please do another countdown to E3/twitch/stream kind of thing? This is more exciting then E3 as we know Shenmue 3 is gonna be there for real, there's gonna be actual footage and also new announcements. I used to love getting home from work and going on youtube to see everyone chatting while Shenmue music played. Good times.

The dojo will be streaming Shenmue music daily 7 days before Gamescom starts.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby b_ren » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:23 pm

Peter wrote: So who's in? Who's going to be there? We have the potential for the biggest meet up, so it would be awesome to see a lot of you there!

If all goes according to plan, should be there! :D
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:36 pm

I'm trying desperately to save for my holiday to Barbados this November... if somehow I can spare something, I'd like to be there!
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:40 pm

Seriously considering it. I'll have to get back to you if I can do it then, all depends on several factors but yes, I definitely don't want to miss this opportunity. [-X
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Next

Return to Shenmue III