Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - That's All, Folks

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - [WAIT] - [QUIT]

Postby adom11800 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:56 am

Spaghetti wrote: The update doesn't really make the distinction but I'm wondering if YSnet will have their own business booth, or will be within a larger publisher's space (i.e, Sony).

The mention about media outlets has me thinking... I now have a strong feeling what we're going to see at Gamescom could include gameplay demonstrations.

Yeah hopefully, I doubt they would show anything minor if it's gonna be a 'media outlet'. I doubt they will be in a large booth with Sony. I have to be honest and think that people are thinking and Sony are involved too much with Shenmue III. I know they are publishing it but still..
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:04 am

adom11800 wrote:Yeah hopefully, I doubt they would show anything minor if it's gonna be a 'media outlet'. I doubt they will be in a large booth with Sony. I have to be honest and think that people are thinking and Sony are involved too much with Shenmue III. I know they are publishing it but still..

Well it depends on if Sony even show at the event tbh. They still haven't confirmed attendance, so there's the chance YSnet are just doing their own thing.

Predictably some people in the KS comments are being dummies thinking this means nothing from Gamescom will be made public. All this means is that YSnet are not having a public booth.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby adom11800 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:14 am

Spaghetti wrote:
adom11800 wrote:Yeah hopefully, I doubt they would show anything minor if it's gonna be a 'media outlet'. I doubt they will be in a large booth with Sony. I have to be honest and think that people are thinking and Sony are involved too much with Shenmue III. I know they are publishing it but still..

Well it depends on if Sony even show at the event tbh. They still haven't confirmed attendance, so there's the chance YSnet are just doing their own thing.

Predictably some people in the KS comments are being dummies thinking this means nothing from Gamescom will be made public. All this means is that YSnet are probably not running a booth on public days.

Yeah I think YS net will be there on their own but we'll see I guess. Yeah it's like Ys Net wants to show us some good things but they can't so they are trying work on that so they can show the public instead. If that's the case it means they want to it to be out in the open rather then it being limited! :D
adom11800

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:18 am

adom11800 wrote:Yeah it's like Ys Net wants to show us some good things but they can't so they are trying work on that so they can show the public instead. If that's the case it means they want to it to be out in the open rather then it being limited! :D

The update specifically points out that information shown in the business area will be disseminated by games media, so the public will be shown regardless of whether they can arrange an event for fans with passes only for the entertainment area.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:34 am

Spaghetti wrote:
adom11800 wrote:Yeah it's like Ys Net wants to show us some good things but they can't so they are trying work on that so they can show the public instead. If that's the case it means they want to it to be out in the open rather then it being limited! :D

The update specifically points out that information shown in the business area will be disseminated by games media, so the public will be shown regardless of whether they can arrange an event for fans with passes only for the entertainment area.

According to the Gamescom site, the business area is not permissible for press accreditation.

http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/gamesco ... /index.php
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby adom11800 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:35 am

Spaghetti wrote:

Yeah you're right, maybe it's just me getting a bit confused by all this, sorry. I'm sure regardless of how they are gonna be there or how they show Shenmue III, it will be good. Even if Shenmue HD never happens I'm hoping Shenmue 3 will still be a success.

adom11800 has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
adom11800

Postby Kiske » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:36 am

There's so much to say about this update.

First of all, it's update #1 so we can definitely expect more details by the time the Gamescom starts.
I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but today we are exactly 40 days away from Gamescom. Maybe there's a pattern and info will drop at regular intervals?

About the fact that Shenmue 3 will be participating in the business area only. I do understand the disappointment for the fans going to be there. But this doesn't mean we won't get to see new material during the Gamescom.
I'm sure there will be material available for the backers (maybe after some business conference within the restricted area) and material available through media outlets.
Beside, we can expect interviews of Suzuki San and of course, the new announcements they were talking about in the previous update.

And finally, YsNet seems pretty confident about setting up something for the fans in the entertainment area, would they talk about it otherwise?

We must stay confident, I'm sure the Gamescom is going to be awesome even if there isn't a specific Shenmue 3 booth or public press conference.

PS. Let's not forget Shenmue HD and keep an eye on SEGA's plan for the Gamescom.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Peter » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:45 am

I also think a lot of fans who are going are thinking that when they watch E3 every year, it's a simple case of "getting into the audience" like it's a sports event etc, when that's not the case at all. Usually those are events are for business holders, employees, and even developers of the actual games being shown. Sony audiences are invited individually for example.

Peter has received a thanks from: The_Intruder
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:20 am

Peter wrote:According to the Gamescom site, the business area is not permissible for press accreditation.

http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/gamesco ... /index.php

As far as I can tell from that link, it's just saying press can't apply to be a trade visitor (and referring them on to the press accreditation page). I'm scouring, but I can't see anything that excludes press from the business area.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:33 am

Yea it's not a very well described event. I mean the questions outweigh the answers with Gamescom.

Does YSNET attend Devcom now?
Is that the developer conference?
Or the Gamescom public keynote?
Can people purchase the business pass/VIP pass (at ridiculous prices)
Does a press pass allow you into the business area?
Is the Devcom press accreditation separate from Gamescom accreditation?
Is the Gamescom Congress related to this?
It says some fans may be granted access to business halls on the Tuesday. How?

I could go on but I will leave it there for now.

I should be transparent, and these questions are related to anyone attending Cologne in person. There is no cause for concern whatsoever about any and all footage, trailers, gameplay, announcements etc being made public. They went public with that by announcing it as a Kickstarter update. NO backer is going to miss out on any footage, and it's definitely not the case that there is material is being shown behind closed doors and won't be made available to the public, either via livestream or instant update/media release.

Peter has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:51 am

Mm. The Gamescom website is absolute bollocks and really only muddying the waters.

We should just focus on this part of the update:

For the latest on-site info, we please ask you to check the various media outlets.

Regardless of how exclusive or not seeing the game in-person is going to be, it's there in black and white that they intend to get what the media see out to the public in one way or another.

Unfortunately some news outlets are ignoring that part and are portraying Shenmue III at Gamescom as an entirely private affair.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby adom11800 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:59 am

If you ask me this is all a bit too confusing to think about it too much. Let's just wait and see what happens and hope for a good outcome at Gamescom. It sounds as if for now they are showing Shenmue III in a business area but we'll see whatever they show there through media outlet. Hopefully as they said they will do something with the fans there, like autographs or something.

If this this 'gamescom 2017 update #1' then I would bet the next update about gamescom will be about what time Shenmue 3 will be on as Gamescom runs a few days. Hopefully Shenmue III will be on the first day :lol:
adom11800

Postby Kiske » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:23 am

Just for the sake of understanding what we can expect from Shenmue 3 being in the business area I was searching for a game displayed "behind closed doors" in the past at Gamescom.

I found Forza Horizon 3, at Gamescom 2016 (although there was also a show-floor demo):
https://www.gtplanet.net/30-minutes-of- ... scom-2016/

...Interviews and accompanying play-throughs have been happening behind closed doors however, and Xbox On has exclusive footage from one of these meetings.

Creative Director Ralph Fulton walks us through the gameplay, showing off new areas and features in the game...

Kiske has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby adom11800 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:40 am

That gameplay video of Forza Horizon 3 was over 30 mintues long and showed some good footage. I doubt Shenmue 3's footage will be like that or that long but [-o<
adom11800

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:53 am

According to a poster on GAF, Gamescom mandates those who have a booth in the business area to have a booth in the public area too; so it's looking like YSnet may just have a room for giving demonstrations/interviews.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III