Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - That's All, Folks

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - [WAIT] - [QUIT]

Postby pennypincher » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:33 am

I bet there will be an autograph signing session in the public area. Several publishers sell these to media partners where they draw massive crowds to their respective booths. Yu Suzuki is and has always been one of THE names of this industry, if that does not happen the PR staff responsible for Shenmue III at gamescom should apply for another job.
pennypincher
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Telekill » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:35 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: I'm not too worried about it. I can't believe the comments about how we're "owed" the first look. I'm sure the press will reveal everything we need to know during and after the conference.

I understand some people feeling that as backers they should be the ones to see the product first but it is unrealistic in reality. I'm still just happy that it's happening. I'm really hoping that we'll get a trailer and maybe some gameplay but I'm not overly worried about Shenmue 3; I trust Suzuki and his team. I'm more worried on if we'll actually get HD remasters of the first two games.

I took a look at the Kickstarter comments to see what you guys were talking about and yeah... a couple of the people posting on there appear to be complete loons. I can't make any sense out of a couple of the comments. Something about someone marrying someone and having 19 kids by them....? Probably why I don't post on the Kickstarter comments section anymore.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:42 am

There's no practical way to ensure backers see anything first. By the time most have checked their emails and found a Kickstarter update, anything important is likely to have already been repeated on various news sites, including video footage.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:24 am

Well if me, B_Ren and co don't get to see any Shenmue III stuff at least we will get to see some Shenmue fans and have a few beers!

Snoopbob2006 has received 2 thanks from: VukBZ2005, yuc02
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Hazuki00 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:09 am

Spaghetti wrote: The salt would be beautiful if that happened.

Hazuki00 wrote: Don't you think they will upload everything they show at the gamescom in the August update? Clips, images, info... That would be the best option in my opinion.

Oh that's almost definitely what's going to happen.

It's just the PR aspect that means we may not get everything immediately. How would YSnet be able to convince journalists to take bookings to see the game if everything was online already? They couldn't, really.

Doesn't mean backers are going to be left with scraps. If anything, I'm predicting the bulk of what YSnet have to show at Gamescom will end up online during the show, with something separate for journalists to write about that possibly gets released to the public later.

The best thing to calm the spirits would be to say in the page of kickstarter that will upload everything shown in the gamescom.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby iyapol » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:24 am

Hazuki00 wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: The salt would be beautiful if that happened.

Hazuki00 wrote: Don't you think they will upload everything they show at the gamescom in the August update? Clips, images, info... That would be the best option in my opinion.

Oh that's almost definitely what's going to happen.

It's just the PR aspect that means we may not get everything immediately. How would YSnet be able to convince journalists to take bookings to see the game if everything was online already? They couldn't, really.

Doesn't mean backers are going to be left with scraps. If anything, I'm predicting the bulk of what YSnet have to show at Gamescom will end up online during the show, with something separate for journalists to write about that possibly gets released to the public later.

The best thing to calm the spirits would be to say in the page of kickstarter that will upload everything shown in the gamescom.

I'd be very surprised if they had something to show and decided to only show business bods and completely exclude backers. Especially as we've now had two KS updates confirming their appearance.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby pennypincher » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:11 pm

They will have to exclude regular visitors/backers. From a strictly organisational point of view, they have no choice. I really do not get why people are so upset about it. Their attendance is about getting footage out to their backers, via the media. It is like it is.
pennypincher

Postby adom11800 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:47 am

I think people could be right about all the Shenmue III news, footage, etc at gamescom being posted as the August update on kickstarter. It's usually like that anyway, Shenmue 3 gets another update and then it's all over the internet. I sure hope it will be posted on kickstarter as soon as possible if this happens.

In all honesty, I think we would all much prefer it being online rather then waiting for kickstarter but I guess we can't always expect too much. Hoping is different however, they did say to look out for the media outlets as well.
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades

Postby yuc02 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:08 pm

Snoopbob2006 wrote: Well if me, B_Ren and co don't get to see any Shenmue III stuff at least we will get to see some Shenmue fans and have a few beers!

Beer sounds good!

yuc02 has received a thanks from: Snoopbob2006
yuc02

PSN: yuc2002

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:58 am

Added a countdown timer to the OP. I'll replace it with an amended one if we get more specific information about when Shenmue III will be shown, but until then it's set for the opening of Gamescom on its first day, 22nd August.

Less than 35 days to go!

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Kiske
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:26 pm

So then... who's planning to go to the Yu Suzuki meet n' greet?

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Snoopbob2006
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby pennypincher » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:22 am

I plan to bring my Shenmue vinyl while taking loads of pictures.

pennypincher has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
pennypincher

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:33 am

It's a shame that Data Disks' reissue of Shenmue was sold out before Yu's meet n' greet was announced.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:20 pm

The Translucent Light Blue version is available according to the website.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby yuc02 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:23 pm

Instead of getting Suzuki-san to sign my stuff, I'm thinking of printing a banner for us to sign and deliver to him during the show, as Switch mentions in his post: http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/0 ... .html#more

I will be going to the show Weds-Fri, and hopefully can meet some of you guys there for you to sign before I hand it over. PM me if you want to get involved!
yuc02

PSN: yuc2002

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III