Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby Amir » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:42 am


日本語はこちら

Greetings Everyone!

Gamescom 2017 update for coming your way!

Image

Meet and Greet at the Entertainment Area

We are go for a Shenmue event at the general admission entertainment area! Unfortunately, we will not be doing a large event like showcasing promotional videos or placing playable demos in this venue, but Yu Suzuki will be there and give all of you a big welcome greeting. Don't miss this chance to meet Yu-san in person! He is looking forward to meet you at gamescom. There will be a further update with time and venue for the event in the entertainment area.

Latest news about Shenmue III will be shared in the business area, and we will be posting an update through Kickstarter and our official website at the same timing. So stay tuned to our webpage and Kickstarter page during the gamescom.

Please see the official gamescom site for general event information: http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/gamescom/index-9.php

Thank you as always for your support!



https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ys ... ts/1936338
http://shenmue.link/post_en/541/?en

Amir has received 2 thanks from: b_ren, FlagshipFighter
User avatar
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2015
Location: London
Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: DOOM (2016)

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby adom11800 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:08 am

The hype train has arrived! Gamescom starts three weeks from Tuesday the 1st of August. Really hope the Shenmue fans going will get to see everything as well as extra stuff. So glad about the update being posted around the same time when gamescom starts. Really hope it on be on the 22nd but hey got to be patient.
Yu Suzuki: 'No matter where I go I'm asked about the third version.'

adom11800 has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
User avatar
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: March 2017

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby b_ren » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:22 am

Awesome update just got even more hyped!
Image
User avatar
b_ren
of Heavens
Dojo Donor
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: UK
Favorite title: Shenmue

Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby Axm » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:24 am

For the first time I feel disappointed by them. They put us into hype mode about saying the game will be shown at Gamescom but now its no demo or videos?

So will that mean pictures? Like a substantial amount? Cause why tell us so in advance like that only not show off something substantial?

At this point we really need to see some new content. They delayed the game (granted totally welcomed by that) but now we need to see the counter to the delay with some fresh content.
Ya I really hope they have a ton of new screen shots..
My confidence is in them but just show us something solid to gawk at please!

Axm has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
User avatar
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
Dojo Donor
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Fukuoka, Japan

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:29 am

Axm wrote: For the first time I feel disappointed by them. They put us into hype mode about saying the game will be shown at Gamescom but now its no demo or videos?

So will that mean pictures? Like a substantial amount? Cause why tell us so in advance like that only not show off something substantial?

At this point we really need to see some new content. They delayed the game (granted totally welcomed by that) but now we need to see the counter to the delay with some fresh content.
Ya I really hope they have a ton of new screen shots..
My confidence is in them but just show us something solid to gawk at!


I think you misunderstood them. They WILL NOT have video/demo on the show floor, for visitors to play but THEY WILL have demos/videos to show to the press in the business area. We will be giving these videos at the same time, via Kickstarter and the official website.

SheepheadCG has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Let's Get Sweaty, VukBZ2005
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: March 2012
Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby Axm » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:48 am

SheepheadCG wrote:
Axm wrote: For the first time I feel disappointed by them. They put us into hype mode about saying the game will be shown at Gamescom but now its no demo or videos?

So will that mean pictures? Like a substantial amount? Cause why tell us so in advance like that only not show off something substantial?

At this point we really need to see some new content. They delayed the game (granted totally welcomed by that) but now we need to see the counter to the delay with some fresh content.
Ya I really hope they have a ton of new screen shots..
My confidence is in them but just show us something solid to gawk at!


I think you misunderstood them. They WILL NOT have video/demo on the show floor, for visitors to play but THEY WILL have demos/videos to show to the press in the business area. We will be giving these videos at the same time, via Kickstarter and the official website.

It just says "latest news" will be shared at the event. Did you read information from another source that I just haven't yet? Not following this also partially because it's just poorly worded throughout.
User avatar
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
Dojo Donor
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Fukuoka, Japan

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby Peter » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:49 am

Think of it as E3. YSNET will be on Sony's stage to show off all new stuff. You won't be in the audience for it since that's for press only, and most likely watch it on the internet. You then attend E3 in the days after, but you have the chance to meet Suzuki-san at a location at the event.

It's very generous of him. I bet Kojima wasn't walking about the public show floor after the Sony showcase in 2016, meeting and talking with fans.
Image
Image

Peter has received 3 thanks from: Axm, FlagshipFighter, Telekill
User avatar
Peter
Shenmue 3
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: Ireland
PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:53 am

Axm wrote:
SheepheadCG wrote:
Axm wrote: For the first time I feel disappointed by them. They put us into hype mode about saying the game will be shown at Gamescom but now its no demo or videos?

So will that mean pictures? Like a substantial amount? Cause why tell us so in advance like that only not show off something substantial?

At this point we really need to see some new content. They delayed the game (granted totally welcomed by that) but now we need to see the counter to the delay with some fresh content.
Ya I really hope they have a ton of new screen shots..
My confidence is in them but just show us something solid to gawk at!


I think you misunderstood them. They WILL NOT have video/demo on the show floor, for visitors to play but THEY WILL have demos/videos to show to the press in the business area. We will be giving these videos at the same time, via Kickstarter and the official website.

It just says "latest news" will be shared at the event. Did you read information from another source that I just haven't yet? Not following this also partially because it's just poorly worded throughout.


We are go for a Shenmue event at the general admission entertainment area! Unfortunately, we will not be doing a large event like showcasing promotional videos or placing playable demos in this venue.

From the last Kickstarter update:
Yu Suzuki himself will of course be there to give the latest news about Shenmue III's development!

The business area
We will be participating in the business area. The area is limited to media and other business members of the game industry. Unfortunately, general admittance visitors cannot enter this area. For the latest on-site info, we please ask you to check the various media outlets.

So as Peter said, and as it says in this latest update:
We will be posting an update through Kickstarter and our official website at the same timing.

They will be showing off the game to the press (maybe via Sony's conference - or if not then in the business area with appointments with the press), and then they will share that with us via Kickstarter and the Official Site. This is how it works with pretty much every game.

SheepheadCG has received 3 thanks from: Axm, FlagshipFighter, VukBZ2005
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: March 2012
Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby SledgeNE » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:32 am

My Hype-Level is from 1 (not so much hyped) jumped to 10 (Hyped!!!!!). This will be a special gamescom for us. The first time ever that Yu Suzuki visits germany. It's really exciting. I'm so happy about to see new material.
User avatar
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: October 2013
Location: Germany
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Dying Light: Following

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby Technophilz » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:32 am

Peter wrote:
It's very generous of him. I bet Kojima wasn't walking about the public show floor after the Sony showcase in 2016, meeting and talking with fans.


I personally wouldn't recommend any Kojima/Suzuki - Kojima Productions/YSNet comparisons. We (Shenmue fans) already have enough disappointments through out the past 17 years ...

And for those (like me) who are disappointed with the current development state of Shenmue 3, just wait till you see what'll be soon shared at Gamescom ...
User avatar
Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: June 2015
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby iyapol » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:50 am

Axm wrote: For the first time I feel disappointed by them. They put us into hype mode about saying the game will be shown at Gamescom but now its no demo or videos?

So will that mean pictures? Like a substantial amount? Cause why tell us so in advance like that only not show off something substantial?

At this point we really need to see some new content. They delayed the game (granted totally welcomed by that) but now we need to see the counter to the delay with some fresh content.
Ya I really hope they have a ton of new screen shots..
My confidence is in them but just show us something solid to gawk at please!


You've definitely got the wrong end of the stick, mate.
User avatar
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: June 2015
Location: Greater Manchester
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby Verderame » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:13 am

So, are we actually going to see the game or not? Will the businness area-exclusive footage allowed to be immediately shared by the gaming press or not? Are we actually going to get just a bunch of screenshots or also something more than that?

There's something unclear about all this.
I didn't read Hamlet but i do know Hamtaro
User avatar
Verderame
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: March 2016
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Outrun

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby Gastarot » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:29 am

the only thning i can say, it's go there guys ! you will not regret ;-)
User avatar
Gastarot
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: July 2016
Location: France
PSN: Gastarot
Steam: Gastarot
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jet Set Radio

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby Centrale » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:54 am

Verderame wrote: There's something unclear about all this.


Everything they said previously still applies. They are now providing some additional good news that a) there will be a meet-and-greet with Yu Suzuki, and b) the game footage shown to the press will also be shown to backers via a KS update at the same time.

Extra clarified version: GOOD NEWS BE HAPPY

Centrale has received 2 thanks from: SheepheadCG, VukBZ2005
User avatar
Centrale
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: June 2015
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby iyapol » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:09 am

I've read the update again and I don't understand how people are misreading it - it's quite clear.

Shenmue III will be at gamescom. Whatever is shown in the business area won't be shown in the general public area but YS will be doing a meet and greet. Anything shown in the business area will be shown to Kickstarter backers at the same time.

Simples.

iyapol has received 2 thanks from: SheepheadCG, VukBZ2005
User avatar
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: June 2015
Location: Greater Manchester
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Next

Return to Shenmue III

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alexironaek, bebolejia, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], killthesagabeforeitkillsu, kkenny23 and 29 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net