Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Postby gillian_seed » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:23 am

I'm thinking about going to Gamescom, but not knowing in advance the exact date of Suzuki's meet and greet is a problem for requesting some holidays, booking transportation and acommodation, etc. :sad:

Is anyone else in the dojo attending to GC?
gillian_seed
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:35 am

There's a thread here about other Dojo members attending Gamescom.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: gillian_seed
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Axm » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:40 am

Switch wrote:I've made a post on Phantom River Stone which hopefully captures the essential points from the last 3 updates about it, and reduces any confusion.

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/0 ... at-we.html

Great recap. Really helps. Looking forward to the best of possibilities.

Axm has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Switch
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby adom11800 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:41 am

So the Shenmue fans going will get to meet Yu Suzuki in the entertaintment area? Will they get to see all the stuff shown in the business area? If they can't show it to the public then I sure everyone with Yu Suzki will go somewhere more private to see all the footage. That would be one good Shenmue experience for them. Really hoping these new announcements will be anything to help Shenmue 3's sales. Not getting my hopes up about Shenmue HD but hopefully I'm wrong.
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:44 pm

adom11800 wrote:So the Shenmue fans going will get to meet Yu Suzuki in the entertaintment area? Will they get to see all the stuff shown in the business area? If they can't show it to the public then I sure everyone with Yu Suzki will go somewhere more private to see all the footage.

The update says:

Latest news about Shenmue III will be shared in the business area, and we will be posting an update through Kickstarter and our official website at the same timing.

Whatever is shown in the business area (using news as a catch-all term) will surface at roughly the same time in a KS update. So, it's either fully or partially being revealed to the public anyway.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: Well, call me stupid if you want to but this sounds like they will be there but nothing will be shown to the public. I can see some shaky cam footage getting out but this confirms the game isn't in presentable yet.

You're definitely getting the wrong end of the stick if that's your impression of what the last three updates mean.

Read Switch's recap: http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/07/shenmue-iii-at-gamescom-2017-what-we.html
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:19 am

In my opinion this update summarizes all that's needed to make everything clear. It seems as If they read what we write here.

I think If Suzuki himself goes to this event to present Shenmue 3 to the world, we can expect to see the new models of Ryo and Shen Hua, It would be illogic to show again only some places and NPCs, or something similar to what they did in magic monaco. If he is going to make a re-reveal he can´t show gameplay with the old same models as always so I'm sure we'll see new models this time.

About the amount of material to be showed, I hope to see some clips showing several places of the three villages, some images and a clip showing some gameplay (with these new models).

Maybe they will give some info about new gameplay mechanics and I hope a release date for the demo!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:06 am

It's definitely going to be our most comprehensive look at the game so far. I don't think you'll get many claiming otherwise. There's always a good argument for not setting expectations too high... but in this case it's justified to get a bit excited about what YSnet are bringing.

Flying Yu Suzuki to Germany, inviting the media to see the game, and even attending a trade show like Gamescom in the first place is a very clear message that, at least to YSnet, what they've got to show is a big enough deal to put themselves through the trouble of arranging this.

Spaghetti has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, iyapol, VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:18 am

Awesome! Hope the meet n greet with Yu will be on Wednesday or Thursday. Can't even immagine how huge meeting Yu in person will be for me. Hope to see some of you girls and guys in cologne

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby celsowm » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:25 pm

celsowm

PSN: celsowmbr

Postby shredingskin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:31 pm

Yu Suzuki on the title logo
"I really wanted to bring home the Shenmue logo because this belongs to all of you, and I know how passionate everyone feels about it. As the result, I felt the design should come more from the heart. So, with more than a bit of trepidation, I took brush to hand. I believe we have reached a design that will please, but let me know what you think!"

This almost makes me like the logo...

But not really.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:40 pm

Oh, Yu. Bless him for trying, but just bring the cursive back.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby squall » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:56 pm

Yeah, it pains me to say as he seems to really want to change to something new, and is genuinely trying here. I don't really understand what all is going on there, why the change from June. Why let us think we were going back to the original logo (or at least very near it), if he/they only planned to change again. I think this one would have gone over better had we not had the June update saying they were returning to the original.

In the end though, whether or not I like this new logo very much (I don't at all really, but it's better than Papyrus) - I want Yu to be happy, and it's his creation. He loves Shenmue more than I do. But this whole logo thing is just kind of silly.
squall
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:10 pm

That logo is awful but if it comes from Yu himself and his "heart", I'm ok to sacrifice my eyes on this. The game belongs to him and he looks so desperate to swap it. Is Yu that superstitious?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Previous

Return to Shenmue III