Extra Story content?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Extra Story content?

Postby Jesse » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:39 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Jesse wrote:Side note I wonder if Yu has ideas to develop any More games when the saga is over?

If you mean non-Shenmue games, when a Russian magazine interviewed him in 2013 he had a laptop full of ideaa.

Yes that's what I meant and thank you for refreshing my memory because I had completely forgotten reading that interview a few years ago. That prospect almost has me just as excited as the saga's conclusion. What does Yu do next is absoulety fascinating to me.
Jesse
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Jrockstr

Re: Extra Story content?

Postby adom11800 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:03 am

7heavens wrote: Yu Suzuki said something along the lines of him discovering greater means of expression hence why he wants extra time to work on the game. The story of a game is usually tweeked right up until the alpha stage. Although I'm hopeful of slightly extra content, exactly how much is impossible to say.

However, I expect shenmue 3 to be a highly emotional game. And strongly think this extra time will be used to express particular feelings and emotions, especially for ryo himself and his relationship with shenhua (I have a gut feeling saying that it will be this emotional aspect that will make this game unique and unlike any other).

Yu Suzuki did once say something along the lines of the first 2 games being more external where the game focused alot on the outer world, and in the third game he planned to make it more internal.

Nonetheless can't wait to see how it plays out.

Same, my second most anticipated game of all time. I hope Shenmue 3 will be emotional too. In terms of if there will be more story content, I thought the story is already finished? So I'm not sure if there will be more story but maybe they added more. It's likely to be extra gameplay content and scale as Yu Suzuki said. I'm sure we will all take Shenmue III however it comes.
adom11800

Previous

Return to Shenmue III