Sega - "actively pursuing" a Shenmue remaster.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Sega - "actively pursuing" a Shenmue remaster.

Postby Kiske » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:56 am

Senpai Gamer wrote: I was really happy when back when Sega said that they were trying "actively pursue shenmue remasters"

But that was what? 1-2 years ago

So i just got fed up and decided to buy a OG Xbox and Shenmue II Physical

I am usually an optimistic person but in regards to these remasters. I dont see them happening ever unless Sega unveils them at E3 2017. That will Be Sega's last chance to announce these remasters. If we dont see them at E3 2017 then we wont see them ever. That is just my opinion.

I hope you mean E3 2018, otherwise things are very very bad. :P

Kiske has received a thanks from: Senpai Gamer
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Senpai Gamer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:59 pm

Kiske wrote:
Senpai Gamer wrote: I was really happy when back when Sega said that they were trying "actively pursue shenmue remasters"

But that was what? 1-2 years ago

So i just got fed up and decided to buy a OG Xbox and Shenmue II Physical

I am usually an optimistic person but in regards to these remasters. I dont see them happening ever unless Sega unveils them at E3 2017. That will Be Sega's last chance to announce these remasters. If we dont see them at E3 2017 then we wont see them ever. That is just my opinion.

I hope you mean E3 2018, otherwise things are very very bad. :P

OMG How could i make such a mistake. YES i meant 2018 of course LOL. Funny story: when I was writing that i had a really weird feeling. That mistake explains why i felt weird when writing that up.

I like everyone else just want to see Shenmue HD on PC,PS4,X1 and hell even the Switch. Lets really get Shenmue out there on as many platforms as possible so that people can experience it for themselves and then buy Shenmue III in December (i hope they dont delay S3 btw)
Senpai Gamer
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IX

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:34 pm

I think they want to make the HD remakes now but they're running up against the problem of having to recreate the game from scratch. From what I remember they no longer have the source files or something like that. And there's no way they're willing to put in the money to see this made like it deserves. So at this rate I don't see HD remakes coming out before Shenmue 3 which makes absolutely no sense to even bother making HD remakes.

I've played the originals so if I don't get to play a remastered version it's not the end of the world. But there's tons of gamers who've never played the originals and that's going to hurt their chances of playing the third entry in the series. I'd love to play a version with better graphics and the ability to keep my save file but at this rate I don't see Sega getting its act together.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenSun » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:49 pm

im sure those HD remasters are coming along nicely. Until they're revealed, im expecting the same SEGA "we're interested/pursuing" response.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluu » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:31 pm

I would love a HD edition of Shenmue 1 & 2 for the Switch. I know it probably won't happen, but portable Shenmue would be so fun.

Bluu has received a thanks from: Senpai Gamer
Bluu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Previous

Return to Shenmue III