Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet info

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet i

Postby fittersau » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
Shibuya stepping back is more interesting than Sony, because Shibuya has a multi-million investment in Shenmue III...Shibuya may have stepped back for this reason, to allow a more established game publisher do the work for the good of the game.

Does it really mean Shibuya are stepping back or divesting their share? I'd be hugely surprised if this is the case? Cedric adores Yu-san and the Shenmue franchise.

This change just sends a message to everyone things are not stable in the development of Shenmue 3. I can see the vulture press headlines now: "Shenmue 3's rocky development", " Shenmue 3 out of funds", "First delayed, now principal investor leaving", "Sony abandons Shenmue 3 after E3 annoucement". ](*,)
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby fittersau » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Kintor wrote: I think that Deep Silver is a good choice for publisher. They're generally competent when it comes to distribution and marketing.

Just so long as Deep Silver doesn't pull another PR stunt like this:

"Make the bad guys cry like an anime fan on prom night." :ugh:
phpBB [video]

Although to be fair, nothing could save Mighty No. 9 from itself. Deep Silver will have much better material to work with when they promote Shenmue 3.

I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you..

Same dude-bro talk from the Twitter account..
https://twitter.com/deepsilver/status/8 ... 0942707712

"World-wide baby!"

](*,)
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby fittersau » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Shibuya still involved.

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 0865744897

We are not publisher, we are producer.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:50 pm

fittersau wrote:Does it really mean Shibuya are stepping back or divesting their share? I'd be hugely surprised if this is the case? Cedric adores Yu-san and the Shenmue franchise.

This change just sends a message to everyone things are not stable in the development of Shenmue 3. I can see the vulture press headlines now: "Shenmue 3's rocky development", " Shenmue 3 out of funds", "First delayed, now principal investor leaving", "Sony abandons Shenmue 3 after E3 annoucement". ](*,)

Take a deep breath, or you'll pass out.

There's nothing to worry about. Neither Sony or Shibuya have dropped the project.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby fittersau » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:52 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
fittersau wrote:Does it really mean Shibuya are stepping back or divesting their share? I'd be hugely surprised if this is the case? Cedric adores Yu-san and the Shenmue franchise.

Take a deep breath, or you'll pass out.

There's nothing to worry about. Neither Sony or Shibuya have dropped the project.

It never even crossed my mind Shibuya was stepping back until I read your post. Which then I found evidence that Cedric's involvement remains unchanged.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Telekill » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:07 am

So then are we to believe that the horrible looking new logo is the doing of Deep Silver's new involvement as publisher?
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby fittersau » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:13 am

Telekill wrote: So then are we to believe that the horrible looking new logo is the doing of Deep Silver's new involvement as publisher?

It's a simple case of asking the question in any problem solving situation... "What has changed?"

Change: Deep Silver announcing themselves as publishers of Shenmue 3.
Change: Shenmue 3 logo has become a horrid excuse of a logo that looks like it was written by someone illiterate.
Time of Change: Same time.

The correlation is 100%. Ergo, Deep Silver changed the logo.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Telekill » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:23 am

fittersau wrote:
Telekill wrote: So then are we to believe that the horrible looking new logo is the doing of Deep Silver's new involvement as publisher?

It's a simple case of asking the question in any problem solving situation... "What has changed?"

Change: Deep Silver announcing themselves as publishers of Shenmue 3.
Change: Shenmue 3 logo has become a horrid excuse of a logo that looks like it was written by someone illiterate.
Time of Change: Same time.

The correlation is 100%. Ergo, Deep Silver changed the logo.

Telekill has received a thanks from: fittersau
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:31 am

A whole lot of assumptions being made here. Why not wait for more information before stressing out? We're days away from a media presentation and host of interviews with the only people who truly know what's going on, so just find something else to occupy your mind until then.

(Oh, and that quote belongs to Sherlock Holmes, by the way.)
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Telekill » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:47 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: A whole lot of assumptions being made here. Why not wait for more information before stressing out? We're days away from a media presentation and host of interviews with the only people who truly know what's going on, so just find something else to occupy your mind until then.

(Oh, and that quote belongs to Sherlock Holmes, by the way.)

BBC Sherlock took it from Spock. Either way, both shows are great.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:55 am

Telekill wrote:BBC Sherlock took it from Spock. Either way, both shows are great.

I hope you're trolling and know full well the Sherlock character wasn't created for TV... :lol:
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Telekill » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:58 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Telekill wrote:BBC Sherlock took it from Spock. Either way, both shows are great.

I hope you're trolling and know full well the Sherlock character wasn't created for TV... :lol:

;-)

Telekill has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ziming » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:04 pm

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: fittersau
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby harlekin » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:08 am

Shenmue 3

The adventures of crosseyed Ryo who, after an unfurtunate martial arts accident, now has turned fulltime dockworker in a chinese province, meeting a lovely mentally challenged girl named Shenfa, and their heartwarming efforts to find an apartment and get married in a not so open society?

Shenmue 3 will be a breakthrough. Touching on subjects no other videogame has ever dared to touch upon!

Yu Suzuki surely will be remembered as a visionary! (Or as the guy that took my 200 dollars...)

I wonder why Sony showed no interest in publishing this.

New twitter campaign suggestion: #notmyshenmue

harlekin has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
harlekin
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:28 am

No interest...

- except when they were pegged as a publisher for two whole years
- or when Yu had regular meetings with Gio Corsi from their Third Party Productions team
- or when the game was finally confirmed a PS4 console exclusive in the Deep Silver press release
- or even when the same press release had very complimentary comments about Yu Suzuki and Shenmue III from Sony in comparison to say, when Sony dropped publishing rights for Rime "SCE is no longer proprietary of the IP, nor the publisher of the game"...

If we're doing a Twitter campaign suggestions, here's one: #ChillOutAndUseYourHead

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III