Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet info

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet i

Postby Tosh » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:50 am

fittersau wrote:
Tosh wrote: I think nobody has to be afraid of Deep Silver.
They are the publisher for Persona 5, Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami in Europe.

The whole Dead Island 2 thing was something else
because Deep Silver owns all of the rights of the Dead Island franchise.
So of course they can change/cancel/redo this stuff if they have all the rights of that project.

But that has nothing to do with Shenmue or Yakuza etc.

I'm not sure it's as clear cut as Deep Silver + Yakuza = Deep Silver + Shenmue III types of involvement.

Sega handle everything in house for Yakuza in terms of development and budget and previously did distribution themselves.

In Shemue III, Yu Suzuki has clearly said because of Deep Silver's involvement/investment, they now have more money to realise the open-world nature of Shenmue III and as well wear the expected marketing + distribution costs.

So far Suzuki has nothing but good things to say about Deep Silver, so lets hope it continues.

The thing is, the only negative points about Deep Silver are
Dead Island 2, Homefront Revolution and Mighty No 9.
And Dead Island and Homefront Revolution belong directly to Deep Silver. They own all of the rights for these games.
The Mighty No 9 thing was just a bad promotion, but they didnt change anything in the actual game.
So even if they do a bad promotion for Shenmue 3 - we will still get the game from Yu Suzuki.

So the whole Dead Island/Homefront thing is something else because Deep Silver doesnt own Shenmue.
Shenmue 3 is in production since 2015 or even earlier then that and the game comes out in like a year.
Deep Silver joined this year, so i'm pretty sure they know exactly what they will get.

They are probably providing some cash for the studio to make the game a little bit "bigger",
that would explain why Deep Silver is the worldwide publisher and not just for Europe.

But i dont see any point why anyone should be afraid of that cooperation.

Even if Shenmue 3 has sexual content or something like that, it would be no problem for a German publisher.
Deep Silver didnt do any censoring or changes among their published asian games.

Tosh has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Tosh
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to Shenmue III