New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Postby Technophilz » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:57 pm

Bloody hell!! The new models are horrible and they can't even get the logo right!!
I think after the horrific progress made so far, Sony may have finally dropped their support for this project, and with Deep Silver on board instead, we can officially expect an upcoming Mighty No. 3 :(
Last edited by Technophilz on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:00 pm

Except there's literally a quote from Sony in the press release (and the game is still console exclusive to their platform), but I knew you wouldn't do much more in this thread other than do a driveby shitpost.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: iyapol, VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Technophilz » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:14 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Except there's literally a quote from Sony in the press release (and the game is still console exclusive to their platform), but I knew you wouldn't do much more in this thread other than do a driveby shitpost.

That quote from Sony means they'll do nothing more than watching what YS Net and Deep Silver will do.
Sony will be having an upcoming press conference during Paris Games Week and another one in PSX 2017, and based on the horrible progress made and the badly edited screens released so far, the quality of Shenmue 3 at this stage is far below Sony's standards, thus I don't think Mighty No. 3 will even get mentioned in either press conferences... just wait and see...

Technophilz has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Technophilz

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby VukBZ2005 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:23 pm

Technophilz wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: Except there's literally a quote from Sony in the press release (and the game is still console exclusive to their platform), but I knew you wouldn't do much more in this thread other than do a driveby shitpost.

That quote from Sony means they'll do nothing more than watching what YS Net and Deep Silver will do.
Sony will be having an upcoming press conference during Paris Games Week and another one in PSX 2017, and based on the horrible progress made and the badly edited screens released so far, the quality of Shenmue 3 at this stage is far below Sony's standards, thus I don't think Mighty Number 3 will even get mentioned in either press conferences... just wait and see...

How is this development truly proof of Shenmue 3's "horrible progress" and it being "below Sony's standards"?

Have you not considered the possibility that YsNet wanted a much different arrangement than the one they originally agreed to? Moreover, if Sony was that displeased with Shenmue 3, you'd see real repercussions related to its presence on their system.

Honestly, IMO, this language is reflective of the nonsense the community experienced when that clickbait by the so-called gaming media started doing real damage to the Shenmue 3 KS.
Last edited by VukBZ2005 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VukBZ2005
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: VukBZ2005
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PS4) ;)

Postby VukBZ2005 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:31 pm

Telekill wrote:As for the new logo... it looks horrible. Why would they announce they were using the original font for the series and then go to this abomination? It literally looks like a 5 year old scribbled it on a piece of paper with a crayon.

TBH, it gives me a Yakuza-like feeling...A feeling I haven't enjoyed experiencing since those who've never seriously played Shenmue started comparing it to the Yakuza series. If that comparison crap wasn't going down, I'd probably get used to it.

Moreover, the team said that they'd return to the first logo with a modern interpretation. What were the circumstances involved in taking the logo styling down this route?
Last edited by VukBZ2005 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
VukBZ2005
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: VukBZ2005
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PS4) ;)

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:50 pm

Technophilz wrote:That quote from Sony means they'll do nothing more than watching what YS Net and Deep Silver will do.

Sony will be having an upcoming press conference during Paris Games Week and another one in PSX 2017, and based on the horrible progress made and the badly edited screens released so far, the quality of Shenmue 3 at this stage is far below Sony's standards, thus I don't think Mighty No. 3 will even get mentioned in either press conferences... just wait and see...

A totally ignorant, if expected, post from you. No desire to actually look at what the Sony rep said or previous behaviours when they have actually dropped games, but just making shit up to suit your warped, negative agenda.

“We are very excited for the continuation of Ryo Hazuki’s journey in Shenmue III, and are confident the game will deliver the story and gameplay PlayStation fans have been waiting for,” said Florian Hunziker, Vice President of PlayStation’s Third Party Relations & Developer Technology Group. “The global partnership between Ys Net and Deep Silver will help realize Yu Suzuki’s vision for Shenmue III—we are thrilled to see his spirit of innovation materialize on PS4.”

In contrast when Sony dropped Rime and sold the rights back to the developers:

"SCE is no longer proprietary of the IP, nor the publisher of the game,"

Cut and dry, night and day, apples and oranges. But I doubt you give a fuck about facts.

EDIT: And surprise, surprise. Yokosuka likes your post. Birds of a feather.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:07 am

You're even obsessed by my likes, wow I didn't except to be that important tbh :king:
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:32 am

Yokosuka wrote: You're even obsessed by my likes, wow I didn't except to be that important tbh :king:

To your credit, you at least have the pretence of being a semi-regular poster, but fucking hell you do overreact to things.

Technophilz turns up whenever new information comes out, says something negative whether it has any basis in factual reality or not, and disappears again.

Don't associate yourself with this guy, Yokosuka. He's not a sceptic, he's barely above a troll.

Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:49 am

Technophilz needed some backup as he's probably the only one thinking what he said and I feel bad for him.

I find his theory rather interesting though. Shenmue 3 would be so underwhelming that Sony is reluctant to do significant action but at this this stage, it's truly literature.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:52 am

Yokosuka wrote: Technophilz needed some backup as he's probably the only one thinking what he said and I feel bad for him.

I find his theory rather interesting though. Shenmue 3 would be so underwhelming that Sony is reluctant to do significant action but at this this stage, it's truly literature.

Don't indulge him. Seriously. It's absolutely not worth it.

Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Telekill » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:53 am

@Yokosuka - I have to agree with Spaghetti on this one.

Spaghetti wrote:
Technophilz turns up whenever new information comes out, says something negative whether it has any basis in factual reality or not, and disappears again.

I've been around since the E3 reveal and out of all the responses I've seen Technophilz make... what Spaghetti says is pretty spot on. I'm not sure I've ever seen a positive post from him.

I understand disappointment in the Shenmue series as far as no HD remakes officially announced yet. Sega apparently sitting on their thumbs while wearing a dunce cap in the corner of the ol' school classroom. With Shenmue 3 though, we know very little. From what has been said by others it is a good possibility that we simply haven't seen much of the third game yet because Yu Suzuki doesn't want to share yet. Let's wait till after Gamescom to see if there needs to be reason for panic. That is... assuming we get a decent reveal.

Telekill has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:28 am

All in all, don't expect a blow-out from Gamescom, but we're on the road to one at least. Still good reason to be excited.

The game has a new publisher with the previous two (Shibuya/Sony) still supporting and standing by the title. We don't know exactly what this means, but Deep Silver could possibly be bringing a cash injection that gets us closer to that dream $10 Million Shenmue III, or even beyond.

And look at Choubu! Look at that shot of the Great Wall! Yu's comments about towns the size of Dobuita are likely to get blown out of the water, and we've got a look at a location we didn't know was in the game.

Yu's initial estimates of scope are looking like they were incredibly conservative.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: iyapol, VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rikitatsu » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:55 am

Choubu looks great (and whomever takes these shots has a hard on for Sunsets)... it doesn't look as urban as I imagined.. Is it even a real town in China or fictional? Maybe it's no even in Guilin.

Rikitatsu has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:06 am

Rikitatsu wrote: Choubu looks great (and whomever takes these shots has a hard on for Sunsets)... it doesn't look as urban as I imagined.. Is it even a real town in China or fictional? Maybe it's no even in Guilin.

It appears to be based on Fenghuang, judging from the image Yu used during his China powerpoint in 2015.

This isn't the image used, but it's of the area, and looks kinda similar to the stuff we've seen in the new key art.

There are maybe a few creative liberties taken by accentuating the older architecture of the location. That said, we're only seeing the harbour port.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: sand4fish
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:11 am

Rikitatsu wrote: Choubu looks great (and whomever takes these shots has a hard on for Sunsets)... it doesn't look as urban as I imagined.. Is it even a real town in China or fictional? Maybe it's no even in Guilin.

Someone supposed Choubu is in Taiwan as Choubu word is likely a Taiwanese expression.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III