New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Postby Telekill » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:14 am

Spaghetti wrote:

Absolutely gorgeous area. I would love to visit. Perhaps one day.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Rikitatsu » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:23 am

I just image googled Fenghuang for more pics... Yeah, this is gonna be great

Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sand4fish » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:26 am

Rikitatsu wrote: Choubu looks great (and whomever takes these shots has a hard on for Sunsets)... it doesn't look as urban as I imagined.. Is it even a real town in China or fictional? Maybe it's no even in Guilin.

It's real for sure. I agree with Spaghetti on it being based most likely on Fenghuang, a city that has that "ancient" China vibe to this day and it is described by many to be the most beautiful one in the country. Look at this compared to the artwork:

Last edited by sand4fish on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:29 am

I'm trying to avoid any real photography since the announcement to get the full surprise but I know the locations of Shenmue 3 are going to be conceptually gorgeous. All the three original places Guilin, Fenghuang and Fujian Tulou are officially linked with UNESCO.
I also heard about fantastic natural phenomenons happening inside the caves of Guilin, surely YSnet will try to catch that.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby zach » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:41 am

Awful, lifeless models.

I wish they put more effort in the character models instead of making shiny environments.

I'm getting a bit concerned that after two years they can't even make something similar to the CGI DC models.
zach
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Yakuza 4, Cave Story

Postby Sannyasin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:42 am

I have an interesting theory which may be complete crap but here it goes.
Toshihiro Nagashi( creator of Yakuza series and one of SEGA's most important people) has said that 26th August they will anounnce a new game. 26th of August is within the Gamescon timeline so assuming there have been talks between Yu Suzuki and SEGA, I predict that Toshihiro will announce a fully Shenmue remake under his team. If i'm not mistaken, Toshiro was involved in the production of Shenmue.
Further, with the recent Deep Silver partnership( the same publisher for Yakuza Kiwami), I believe something is in the works regarding Shenmue HD but it's probably just wishful thinking.
Sannyasin
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby iyapol » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:57 am

If a couple of WIP models, a random logo and a couple of environment shots have stoked up 14 pages of discussion, I can't wait for gamescom.

We don't all agree, but this thread is definitely making gamescom come that little bit quicker!

iyapol has received 3 thanks from: punkmanced, Spaghetti, VukBZ2005
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:27 am

Looking again the environments I can say I love them, they are simply amazing, full of details and magic, vibrant colours and looks bigger than I tought. It's a surprise seeing the great wall, it's supposed not to be in the game since we were told about only three villages. Maybe Suzuki has more surprises like this for us.

I can't wait to see a video of chobu with NPCs doing their task, with weather effects and the past of time. At night must be worth of seeing and wandering around.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:47 am

Sony never planned to support the game in any substantial way. They announced the game for PR points at E3.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Fei Fong Wong » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:51 am

Sannyasin wrote: I have an interesting theory which may be complete crap but here it goes.
Toshihiro Nagashi( creator of Yakuza series and one of SEGA's most important people) has said that 26th August they will anounnce a new game. 26th of August is within the Gamescon timeline so assuming there have been talks between Yu Suzuki and SEGA, I predict that Toshihiro will announce a fully Shenmue remake under his team. If i'm not mistaken, Toshiro was involved in the production of Shenmue.
Further, with the recent Deep Silver partnership( the same publisher for Yakuza Kiwami), I believe something is in the works regarding Shenmue HD but it's probably just wishful thinking.

If Nagoshi would be making the remakes i would die in Peace, i absolute love Ryu Ga Gotoku / Yakuza, and he is one of the best japanese creators out there.
Fei Fong Wong
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Fei1984
Steam: Fei Wong
Currently playing: Pillars of Eternity

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:05 am

zach wrote: Awful, lifeless models.

I wish they put more effort in the character models instead of making shiny environments.

I'm getting a bit concerned that after two years they can't even make something similar to the CGI DC models.

Models will be worked on up until release.

The Dreamcast CGI models weren't made in the course of two years back then, either.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kiske » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:16 am

I think we should stop making comparison with the original Dreamcast games and just have faith in Yu.

Just look how far we have come since E3 2015 announcement.

The future has never been so bright for the Shenmue Series.
Suzuki San is doing the best he can to give the fans "The full Shenmue experience"...
Let's just support him as much as we can.

Kiske has received 2 thanks from: KidMarine, Spaghetti
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby rdk_nl » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:24 am

Sannyasin wrote: I have an interesting theory which may be complete crap but here it goes.

Interesting!

Toshihiro Nagashi was mentioned in the Shenmue Credits two times:

-R&D Dept. #4 Supervisor
-System Tools Unit
rdk_nl
Master of the Three Blades

Postby KidMarine » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:26 am

Kiske wrote: I think we should stop making comparison with the original Dreamcast games and just have faith in Yu.

Just look how far we have come since E3 2015 announcement.

The future has never been so bright for the Shenmue Series.
Suzuki San is doing the best he can to give the fans "The full Shenmue experience"...
Let's just support him as much as we can.

I'm honestly not even sure why I didn't like Ryo's new model at first, it's a very nice update of his Dreamcast model.

I think whenever we see something new from Shenmue 3, the initial reaction is going to be "This isn't how I imagined it!!!" which is understandable, followed by judging what we've seen on its own merits.

KidMarine has received 2 thanks from: Kiske, Spaghetti
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Verderame » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:36 am

Lol if you believe that Nagoshi is going to do anything but endless Ryu Ga Gotoku games and spinoffs.

Verderame has received 2 thanks from: Spaghetti, VukBZ2005
Verderame

Currently playing: Outrun

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III