New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:43 pm

Didn't Yu Suzuki mention there would be some kind of siege strategy game at some point in the game? Could be the setting for that.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Shenmue_Trilogy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:47 pm

No offence but he is a reminder how Ryo looks in shenmue 1. On that picture he still looks more indian than asian.

The face need much more tweeks for the final product:

- hairline on the sides which would make his upperhead more wider
- nosestrils and -tip
- smaller upperlip
- eyebrows angel and form
- most important less shadow under and around the eyes is the key to make him more asian
etc.

Last edited by Shenmue_Trilogy on Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shenmue_Trilogy
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Centrale » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a separate thread or section for community artists who want to re-imagine or suggest what they think Shenmue III assets should look like. I think it's interesting but I don't want it to take up so much space in the midst of discussions of official images and videos. Especially since (with any luck) we're going to be seeing new material soon.

Centrale has received 3 thanks from: iyapol, Shenmue_Trilogy, Spaghetti
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:11 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: Didn't Yu Suzuki mention there would be some kind of siege strategy game at some point in the game? Could be the setting for that.

Possibly, although the siege element was supposed to take part in Baisha. Not sure the geography would match up if YSnet are sticking relatively closely to where the real-life counterparts are.

I suppose it could be that this isn't the Great Wall at all, though it does look very familiar to the more dilapidated parts.

Centrale wrote: Maybe it would be a good idea to have a separate thread or section for community artists who want to re-imagine or suggest what they think Shenmue III assets should look like. I think it's interesting but I don't want it to take up so much space in the midst of discussions of official images and videos.

More news/videos will get their own thread or get chucked into the dedicated Gamescom thread we already have, but I do get that this endless back and forth of competing images might shit up this thread so... yeah, I'll make one for fan-edits just to keep this one more discussion-oriented.

Shenmue_Trilogy wrote: No offence but he is a reminder how Ryo looks in shenmue 1. On that picture he still looks more indian than asian.

- nosestrils and -tip
- smaller upperlip
- most important less shadow under and around the eyes is the key to make him more asian
etc.

It's fair enough if you don't like it, but I'm not sure your take is closer to Ryo either.

Also, that image you posted is from Shenmue II, although it's largely the same model so... semantics. The image I based my changes on is literally a promo image of the original Ryo model in Shenmue, so I don't think I need a low-res reminder...

Either way, fan-edit thread is here now, so we can continue this over there: http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50989

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Your Boy Leroy
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby fittersau » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:40 pm

shredingskin wrote: Just thinking out loud, but there doesn't seem to be much to do in that great wall.

What if SIII retake of the 70 men battle ?? Like waves of enemies coming towards you, and at the end a boss battle ?

EDIT: it looks like the wall has some holes in it, so it's probably a run/chase QTE scene.

QTE Chase scene.. goodness me.. do you know how long each section and how much the gradient changes for those sections of the Great Wall? hah Ryo will need some serious stamina! :lol:

Sounds like fun though. :D
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby fittersau » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Shenmue_Trilogy wrote: No offence but he is a reminder how Ryo looks in shenmue 1. On that picture he still looks more indian than asian.

- nosestrils and -tip
- smaller upperlip
etc.

Nice photochoping. I agree with your assessment.

However at this stage, I'm not sure they even know what Ryo will look like. I'm entirely surprised YsNet allowed Deep Silver to reveal these character models since it's been such a point of contention since the Kickstarter. I'm still not satisfied with the new look, but if they are final.. I'll put up with it.

The logo, pfft not even close.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sappharad » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Esppiral wrote: New vids? Didn't they said they wouldn't show any video at gamescom ?

Since shredingskin's reply was not definitive, I'll reply again. A lot of people have spread confusion and misunderstanding due to multiple statements released regarding Gamescom.

They are definitely 100% sure showing a new video at Gamecom next week. It will be shown to the press that meet with them privately, and not shown in the public area. However, they will be posting a kickstarter update on the same day with a video.

There is a separate public meet and greet in the Sega booth on two of the days. They will just be meeting with fans and not showing anything at that.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:59 pm

fittersau wrote: QTE Chase scene.. goodness me.. do you know how long each section and how much the gradient changes for those sections of the Great Wall? hah Ryo will need some serious stamina! :lol:

Sounds like fun though. :D

I bet it has some qte element, because the ground has crumbled on various places, making it the obvious "jump here" qte.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:02 pm

And why would Ryo stay on the Great Wall? Are the woods outside full of crocodiles?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Peter » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:06 pm

I hope there's some good news, I can't believe Gamescom is almost here. I hope there's some footage that unites us all and people like whatever footage they show.

Peter has received 3 thanks from: iyapol, Sonoshee, Spaghetti
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:16 pm

If there's anything we can probably all agree on, it'll be the environments. I don't think I've heard a bad word anywhere about them, outside maybe the new screens were too bright, but they're at sunrise/sunset, so whatever.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Yea, I have seen the environments before, and I was completely blown away. I seen a lot of Choubu, and that was when it looked like very upscaled Shenmue 2 type detail. This new image is on a whole other level. I can't believe how textured it is. That's why I have zero issues with these "cartoon" character models people have an issue with. They are in early development, and like the environments, they will be completely textured.

I will respect other people's opinions though, and if there's criticisms then that's fair enough. I know people who think the opposite of me do so from the same passion we all share.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:44 pm

Did you see anything of the screenshot that looks like the Great Wall of China?

It's kind of a total mystery, as in theory it shouldn't be part of any of the locations we know the game takes place in, unless geographical liberties are being taken.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:52 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Went for one fiiiiiinal tweak with Photoshop, and did a quick n' nasty job covering up the white area I made when moving the eyes & brow down a bit.

More or less just lengthened and narrowed his face a little, and brought his jawline in a tiny bit.

This is basically perfect. Fucking excellent work, dude!

ShenGCH has received 2 thanks from: Spaghetti, Your Boy Leroy
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SledgeNE » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:29 am

From the view angle with the great wall and Ryo it looks like a Diablo-Style. I don't think that Yu would show us the final stage of the game. No developer would do this. I have the feel that this Shenmue will be awesome. When i try to imagine that this evironments in motion with music and walk around the maps and looks in the diary from Ryo to see the next Quest.
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III