New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Postby Shenmue_Trilogy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Spardahunter wrote: i don't remember the source now but in one of the earlier interview,suzuki said that they're listening to feedback but he want to make shenmue 3 with his own vision

Its good to have a vision and not listening to every person/fan otherwise you will get a clusterfuck like the new Ghostbuster The Movie but I see nothing wrong to listen to some of the die hard fans as on this forum.
Shenmue_Trilogy
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Peter » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:59 pm

Shenmue_Trilogy wrote:
Peter wrote: Meh, I had a response typed out but it's a worthless exercise. Have all the opinions you want, I'm just glad I've heard it in more than multiple occasions that Suzuki-san won't be deterred in his vision and level of quality of Shenmue 3 he wants, and that no one will make him change his mind. He won't be reading message boards or social media to see what every Joe nobody wants in this game or that they think is "good" or "bad" in their treasured opinion.
´

Source? :) edit, just a quick google search.

YS: I think we have to make the game so that they can. I'd like to have someone who has never played them to try it and listen to their feedback. I think we will need to fix up any parts that have strong drawbacks.

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/0 ... uzuki.html

...and thats the right way do it imo.

Source is the man himself, also what his producer and best friend said. Thankfully these Photoshop warriors will fade into the history of fan fiction.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Spardahunter, VukBZ2005
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Spardahunter » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:00 pm

Shenmue_Trilogy wrote:
Spardahunter wrote: i don't remember the source now but in one of the earlier interview,suzuki said that they're listening to feedback but he want to make shenmue 3 with his own vision

Its good to have a vision and not listening to every person/fan otherwise you will get a clusterfuck like the new Ghostbuster The Movie but I see nothing wrong to listen to some of the die hard fans as on this forum.

i agree with that but i personally prefer that they don't change design and aestetic for the fans(UE4 is easy to mod so prepare to mod like "classic ryo"ecc).

Spardahunter has received a thanks from: Your Boy Leroy
Spardahunter
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Your Boy Leroy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:17 pm

Agreed. Nothing wrong with opinions or fan-feedback, but DAMN just let the man make his game first.

Your Boy Leroy has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Your Boy Leroy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:19 pm

Shenmue_Trilogy wrote:
Peter wrote: Meh, I had a response typed out but it's a worthless exercise. Have all the opinions you want, I'm just glad I've heard it in more than multiple occasions that Suzuki-san won't be deterred in his vision and level of quality of Shenmue 3 he wants, and that no one will make him change his mind. He won't be reading message boards or social media to see what every Joe nobody wants in this game or that they think is "good" or "bad" in their treasured opinion.
´

Source? :) edit, just a quick google search.

YS: I think we have to make the game so that they can. I'd like to have someone who has never played them to try it and listen to their feedback. I think we will need to fix up any parts that have strong drawbacks.

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/0 ... uzuki.html

...and thats the right way do it imo.

You're quoting Suzuki on an entirely different subject. The question in that interview - as can be clearly surmised from the answer - is about new players being able to jump in without any experience of the first two games. Testing the game's accessibility on newcomers has no relevance to what Peter said in the context of this discussion.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: VukBZ2005, Your Boy Leroy
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Previous

Return to Shenmue III