New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Postby Steenkoud » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:39 am

ShenGCH wrote:
Steenkoud wrote: I prefer the old character models (1999) over the new ones. They are ruining it. ](*,)

Yeah, 'cos nearly-twenty-year-old models wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb amongst the UE4 models and environments, not to mention the completely different art style.

I don't care about the UE4 engine either.

Steenkoud has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Steenkoud
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Telekill » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:25 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote:
David Sheep wrote: Hello everyone, I am new in the forum.

I tried to improve the Ryo Hazuki model of Shenmue III

Hope you like it!

Welcome, I like the second one. Ryo's face could be a little less wide.

Yeah, this looks really good and I would be very happy with this model. Hopefully we get something similar to this by the time the game launches.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby sutoji » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:45 am

Looking at this makes me want the passport model look to be used for Shenmue 3 instead, seeing how Kid Nocon most likely did all this himself, its already been done on the engine. Also the design of Ryo's jacket and jeans are very faithful to the original (from the recent model, his jacket so far seems a bit too light and its big for him) even his body proportions are fine.
sutoji
Banned
Banned

Postby KidMarine » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:50 am

I'm sorry but

looks significantly better than the model you posted.

KidMarine has received 3 thanks from: Gromber, Spaghetti, Your Boy Leroy
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:44 pm

KidMarine wrote: I'm sorry but

looks significantly better than the model you posted.

This is the best though http://i.imgur.com/S37UQrk.jpg
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby FourWuDu1026 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:57 pm

David Sheep wrote: Hello everyone, I am new in the forum.

I tried to improve the Ryo Hazuki model of Shenmue III

Modified

Hope you like it!

This looks amazing! The problem with the current Ryo model is the face is too wide (baby fat?) and the eyes are wide open and lifeless. Both problems I have with it are fixed with your modification. Would be very happy if final official model looked like that.
FourWuDu1026
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Persona 4,Mortal Kombat x

Postby Shenmue_Trilogy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:21 pm

@David Sheep

Looks even better and this is how I would like to see Ryo ingame. Skin color more brighter, perhaps the eyes a little bigger and nose more narrow.
As I said over and over Ryo needs to look more japanese and less fillipino/malaysian guy. The new model from the gameplay trailer looks much better as on the banner. I hope Yu is listening and the team will make more changes to his model
Shenmue_Trilogy
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby VukBZ2005 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:59 pm

Shenmue_Trilogy wrote:As I said over and over Ryo needs to look more japanese and less fillipino/malaysian guy. The new model from the gameplay trailer looks much better as on the banner. I hope Yu is listening and the team will make more changes to his model

There are Japanese that look like the current Ryo model, i.e., the one on the latest screenshots. Hell, while it's rare, there are Japanese that wouldn't stand out in many Latin American countries. One can attribute all of that to normal phenotypical variation in a stable, resident population. Not everyone in a country that's of the majority ethnic group will look the same.

As to the current Ryo model itself, I think it's fine the way it is. If there needs to be an additional mod, it'd probably be to the forehead. Also to the eyebrows a bit.
VukBZ2005
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: VukBZ2005
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PS4) ;)

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:44 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
Image Image Image Image

Another screenshot supposing that the current model is everything good but the eyes.

Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shredingskin » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:11 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:
Image Image Image Image

Another screenshot supposing that the current model is everything good but the eyes.

*shaders...

yes, I was quite impressed how Ryo looked in the perfile.. And in front he looks a little chuubby.

I really hope they can pull off the style they're going for.

The moment will pass, and I-ll still live.

I hope that Yu can get "THAT', for me, that fucking no game did since.

No small feat, while trying to market the game for NeoFAG guys (and actual gamers, sorry for that).

I do think the guy has it, and it's not something you say weverygame.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Mr. Frozen » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:19 am

Sonoshee wrote: I'm not sure which part of "temporary" some of you just aren't understanding.

You're acting like these models are all final - they aren't, as Yu-san himself has already stated.

I don't care what they call it. It is what they are choosing to show us, and I am gonna call it out for what it is. I really hope they make the models better, but as it is right now, I think they are terrible for this day and age.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Valascaziel » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:19 am

So much negativity abounds, even with the most recent screens. Gotta tweak this, gotta adjust that. There is a lot, a LOT of development time left on the game. We *may* get the game by December 2018, but again we may not depending on how large the scope has increased.

"It's what they chose to show us..." No, it's what they felt they HAD to show us, no matter how early it was, or short notice in concordance with Deep Silver coming on board, because everyone was jumping on the Doomed boat because it had been so quiet.

"Another month of nothing..vaporware/jank confirmed"..this place was turning into GAF, where people just want to compete and see how big of a dump they can take on Yu Suzuki's passion.

I think Ryo looks well on his way to a successful render, especially considering time left. The style of Shenmue isn't the same as Yakuza, so that's a different comparison. We also do not know how old those "new" screens are. They might be recent, might be a month or two behind.

The signs point to us seeing what a true, more current build of the game looks like by year's end(PSX). I will reserve judgement until then.

You cannot judge too much on these models without motion. Lighting, facial expressions, animation..we need that kind of picture before we can accurately say it needs this or that.

Once a true trailer, replete with updated models and a glimpse of gameplay appears, we can commence on the speculation as to the status of the project.

Valascaziel has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, VukBZ2005
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:48 am

Ironically, I very much doubt all the people complaining will head on over to the slacker backer page to donate some more money to the project so their complaints can be worked on and addressed more. Considering that's what it's all about at the end of the day. You want top of the range models, you pay for it. It's that simple.

Peter has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Mr. Frozen wrote:
Sonoshee wrote: I'm not sure which part of "temporary" some of you just aren't understanding.

You're acting like these models are all final - they aren't, as Yu-san himself has already stated.

I don't care what they call it. It is what they are choosing to show us, and I am gonna call it out for what it is. I really hope they make the models better, but as it is right now, I think they are terrible for this day and age.

The fact of the matter is they are temporary, so it doesn't matter what they look like right now. On top of that, this isn't an AAA game. I think it's shaping up pretty well for a game on a much lower budget - and one that is being developed by an indie team.

Personally I think a lot of people are losing sight of what's really important here: the fact we are even getting a Shenmue 3 is above all, the most important thing.

Valascaziel wrote:"It's what they chose to show us..." No, it's what they felt they HAD to show us

=D>

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby KidMarine » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:09 pm

There's still plenty of work to do on the models. They're nowhere near final. They shouldn't have put out a trailer with unfinished models and no facial animations because people are fucking dumb and assume they're final. That's an unfortunate reality.

The environments are shaping up great, but if you think the models are anywhere near done, you're ignorant. That's all there is to it.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III