Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:49 pm

character models still look a bit stiff, but wow are these environments gorgeous! This is definitely starting to look like Shenmue III guys! Its awesome to see some video of what the game will actually be like. The first part in the cave... FFUUUUUU!!!! Its never looked so pretty. This pleases me... :devillaugh:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby BlueMue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:49 pm

Seems like the stone pit got some interior renovations. I don't remember there being a passage to the left of the giant mirrors. Maybe that's where we will go next? Or is just the entrance in a different location?
Also noticed that the fire lights up in bright blue intially, giving it a somewhat more mysterious energy filled appeal.

BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Ikuzuh wrote:
Peter wrote: Apart from a few new added scenes with new characters... Finally I can talk about what my eyes saw when my jaw hit the floor!!!!

SWEET RELEASE!!! THE FUCKING CAVE IN GLORUOUS 1080P

Ah if you have seen the majority of this first teaser trailer Pete then that must go to prove that the majority of this footage is almost a year old. So I deduce from that development Must actually way further ahead in many aspects which will probably be shown in a second trailer released a short time in the future. So to those negative haters I say "do one".

I must have rewatches that trailer about 15 times, it gives me goosebumps every time. The motion capture for those fight sequence is amazing, so fluid and smooth. I literally cannot wait for more.

It seems possible to me that they are purposely holding back because they don't want to give the impression that the game is doing extremely well. If you think about it logically, are you likely to back a game that has great animation and good facial animation + environments? Not really. You're more likely to think the game has plenty of funding and so why the need to contribute? This could be a stroke of genius to hold off on facial animation and use basic animation to still give people the concept of the game being far from completed, thus more donations...

Maybe I'm reading into it, but just an idea.
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Please, everybody who are going to greet Suzuki's at gamescom say to him a BIG THANK YOU from all of his fan for their hard work!

Shenmue 3 will be amazing when they release it!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:52 pm

shredingskin wrote: From where are those photos with the new/old logo ?

These? I just snapped them off the teaser and stamped the original logo real quick.

ShenmueLegacy has received a thanks from: shredingskin
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Valascaziel » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:56 pm

"Raaagh this is bad. I want my money bacl!!!11 Mighty No 3 inc.."

Are people fucking serious?? This looked fantastic for a build that may not be as recent as you think. There is still well over a year in development left, maybe even longer than that if it gets pushed one more time.

I've waited almost half my life to see this game become real. The environments looked spectacular, the music was spot-on.

Ryo looked like Ryo, for the most part. Shenhua needs work, but they havent even done facial capture or any of that yet. Animations, voice work--its clear its early, but that gives me faith it'll be there after the environments and atmosphere are solidified.

Characters will be rock solid by the time this game comes out, I guarantee that.

NeoGAF and YouTube are cesspools of negativity. Yu has nailed a lot in this teaser, bur they are content to shit on it anyway.

It's like if my son(granted, hes only 4 but for example) were practicing martial arts and initially had good form, just wasn't there yet to break the board or brick. Doesn't mean he can't, doesn't mean he won't in time, but people were to pick on him anyway. Makes my blood boil. I know Yu will dive headlong and smash the naysayers in time.
Last edited by Valascaziel on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valascaziel has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:56 pm

ShenmueForeseen wrote:
Ikuzuh wrote:
Peter wrote: Apart from a few new added scenes with new characters... Finally I can talk about what my eyes saw when my jaw hit the floor!!!!

Ah if you have seen the majority of this first teaser trailer Pete then that must go to prove that the majority of this footage is almost a year old. So I deduce from that development Must actually way further ahead in many aspects which will probably be shown in a second trailer released a short time in the future. So to those negative haters I say "do one".

I must have rewatches that trailer about 15 times, it gives me goosebumps every time. The motion capture for those fight sequence is amazing, so fluid and smooth. I literally cannot wait for more.

It seems possible to me that they are purposely holding back because they don't want to give the impression that the game is doing extremely well. If you think about it logically, are you likely to back a game that has great animation and good facial animation + environments? Not really. You're more likely to think the game has plenty of funding and so why the need to contribute? This could be a stroke of genius to hold off on facial animation and use basic animation to still give people the concept of the game being far from completed, thus more donations...

that seems like a terrible strtegy and extremely risky. I'm not buying it

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: TwiceFriedRice
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:01 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote:
ShenmueForeseen wrote:
Ikuzuh wrote:

that seems like a terrible strtegy and extremely risky. I'm not buying it

Didn't Pete (or someone else) say that 90% of this was what they saw in the trailer last year? They clearly will have developed better animations by now, so it's obvious this is a very early build, model/animation wise.
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Ikuzuh » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:02 pm

ShenmueForeseen wrote: It seems possible to me that they are purposely holding back because they don't want to give the impression that the game is doing extremely well. If you think about it logically, are you likely to back a game that has great animation and good facial animation + environments? Not really. You're more likely to think the game has plenty of funding and so why the need to contribute? This could be a stroke of genius to hold off on facial animation and use basic animation to still give people the concept of the game being far from completed, thus more donations...

That's definitely one way to look at it, certainly plausible. However I think it more of a proof of concept trailer which the team worked on over the last 7-9 months or so and was possibly presented to Deepsilver - with the intention of public release shortly after releasing info regarding their new working relationship. I firmly believe there will be a follow up trailer within the next 4-6 weeks (or ideally this week) showing more current build.
Ikuzuh
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Axm » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:06 pm

Yes! Those environments are incredible.

Like others have said the facial animations need work obviously but with all the time they have left and the fact they still need to include the voice overs into the mix I think after all that, everything should be squared away looking normal. Oh and ofcourse fixing that logo but hell I bet we will see 4 more by the time it's out.. just use the original, I don't get it. Copyright issue? Get it sorted.. anyways LOVED the environments. So juicy.

Happy day :D
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby SheepheadCG » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:07 pm

BlueMue wrote: Seems like the stone pit got some interior renovations. I don't remember there being a passage to the left of the giant mirrors. Maybe that's where we will go next? Or is just the entrance in a different location?
Also noticed that the fire lights up in bright blue intially, giving it a somewhat more mysterious energy filled appeal.

lol I noticed that too. I watched the teaser like 20 times, then went back frame by frame to look at stuff. I was trying to look to the back left to see where the sword pedestal was, and saw the path you are talking about. A lot has changed in there to be honest, but I guess that is to be expected. These two pictures side by side... :king: :king: :king:

SheepheadCG has received 4 thanks from: DOS, Nankeiro, Spaghetti, Switch
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Enigma » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:18 pm

As a fan, I love this. The scenery, the colours, Ryo and Shenhua's new models, fighting on the Great Wall of China!!! 2018 is going to be an agonising wait.

But...I'm really concerned about their inclusion of the unfinished facial animation in the trailer of all places! I just know it's going to hurl so much ridicule their way from people whose lives are so empty and meaningless they enjoy trashing other people's work on the internet and watching it fail. It could have so easily been avoided had they just shown off the gorgeous environments with maybe the character photos at the end. If character facial animations aren't finished I'm OK with not seeing them just yet.
Enigma
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: SWOTOR

Postby John Doom » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:28 pm

:) It's exciting to finally see, even just a glimps, of SIII. The environments look stunning and the animations are smooth, and I'm completely fine with the new Ryo now, he feels like the original one. I admit I got goosebumps as well while watching it :D
:sad: Now, I really don't want to be called a s**tposter or a troll... I love Shenmue and I love what Suzuki is doing, he's like a mentor to me, but...
...I'm afraid that this video could tarnish SIII's image :sad:
Besides a few facial captures that look missing, characters' skins don't match the photorealistic esthetic of everything else in the game yet. I agree that it's probably still WIP because, if you look at Suzuki's video games, each one of them looks esthetically consistent, being it 2d or 3d, while SIII doesn't in this trailer: the only explanation is that Suzuki was forced to show it too early.
This makes me worry: we fans know this and don't mind it but, realistically, what are the other people going to say about SIII now that it has been officially shown in this state? :sad:
Please understand that I have great respect for Suzuki and I can't wait to play SIII, but I'm just worried that this sudden move may tarnish both their images now :sad:
John Doom
Master of the Three Blades

Steam: John Doom
Currently playing: Yakuza

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Enigma wrote: As a fan, I love this. The scenery, the colours, Ryo and Shenhua's new models, fighting on the Great Wall of China!!! 2018 is going to be an agonising wait.

But...I'm really concerned about their inclusion of the unfinished facial animation in the trailer of all places! I just know it's going to hurl so much ridicule their way from people whose lives are so empty and meaningless they enjoy trashing other people's work on the internet and watching it fail. It could have so easily been avoided had they just shown off the gorgeous environments with maybe the character photos at the end. If character facial animations aren't finished I'm OK with not seeing them just yet.

Absolutely. If I were marketing Shenmue III, I would just show more scenery until everything else is ready. In today's critical world, many impressionable eyes are creating their first mistaken impressions of this series off of obviously early development teasers. Marketing should try to protect development as much as possible until it's ready. We need to ensure we don't put off any potential new fans to ensure a successful release.

These scenes sell themselves...

Last edited by ShenmueLegacy on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ShenmueLegacy has received a thanks from: Enigma
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Chaikilla » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:31 pm

I wonder if muscly is the Chai/Do Niu of this game. Ryo seems to fight him outside Shenhua's house, along with the walled area here Image

Seems like Shenhua has a target on her head from the off.
Chaikilla

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III