Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Postby Kiske » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:53 am

Yokosuka wrote:
Kiske wrote: I'm sure if the facial animations were ready and optimal in the build they've used for the teaser, the feebacks would have been a lot more positive... or a lot less negative

Critics also find worrying that we have yet to see the pedestrian NPCs and actual gameplay with one year and a half from the release. So let me pick the second.

As I said before, if they need more time than expected and have the financial ressources to afford it, it's fine by me.
I can wait.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ConanTheKing » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:00 am

Those faces are bad. I only watched it once but there seemed to be no emotion at all. I don't recall seeing anger, sadness or happiness at any point which makes me realise that Sonic in the Mega Drive/Genesis games is more expressive.

mjq jazz bar wrote: I'm not sure intentionally releasing a trailer that's the laughing stock of the internet is a great strategy for a crowd funded game. Seems like a horrible, misguided and irresponsible strategy. That also seems completely unlike Yu Suzuki. The truth is this is what the game looks like until we see or hear otherwise.

I guess it's a rock and a hard place for them. I imagine that they have been feeling at least some pressure after not being present at E3. So, they are damned if they do and they are damned if they don't.

ConanTheKing has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kiske » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:16 am

It's still Work In Progress guys.
They will take care of the facial expressions and other issues.
They are just not there yet.

Kiske has received 2 thanks from: RenDur89, Your Boy Leroy
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Centrale » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:35 am

Wow! My experience of this was a sweet culmination of an amazing day. I took my family to a remote mountaintop to watch the total eclipse. Seeing a total eclipse is one of the few things I've waited for longer than Shenmue III! And it was well worth the wait. Then, after a long drive home, as I was getting ready for bed, I decided to check my email, which had nothing of interest... but then a moment later the Kickstarter update appeared in my inbox! There were so many synchronistic little events like that throughout the day, it's hard to describe. But the overall effect was just a magical experience.

Centrale has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ogata » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:38 am

Anyone else encouraged by the sheer number of views for the teaser? Reaching 350k and hasn't even been out 24 hours now. The video dwarfs any recent Sony YouTube video view count. The hype for this game is real.

Ogata has received a thanks from: elfshadowreaper
Ogata
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Bellator » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:45 am

Environments look great. Facial animations still need a lot of work.

Was really expecting some glimpses of gameplay even if just screenhots, maybe Ryo walking among the streets of that beautiful village?
After all, the original timeline was for the game to be released in 4 months...

Regarding some the negative criticism, i agree that if you were a general gamer, seeing this trailer for the first time would give you a few raised eyebrows regarding the facial animations and overall body moviments
Bellator
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:47 am

Ogata wrote: Anyone else encouraged by the sheer number of views for the teaser? Reaching 350k and hasn't even been out 24 hours now. The video dwarfs any recent Sony YouTube video view count. The hype for this game is real.

Yup, I don't know if it's hype for the game, or hype for negativity, but the trailer has had a lot of traffic, 4 times bigger than most of their most viewed newly released trailers.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Ogata » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:51 am

Sure it's a little of both. Either way I hope it's telling for Sony that they made a good decision getting involved in this project.
Ogata
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Bellator » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:21 am

Ogata wrote: Sure it's a little of both. Either way I hope it's telling for Sony that they made a good decision getting involved in this project.

Exactly. people are watching it and commentating on it even if it's not all good.

In the long run, it will be beneficial for the game.
Bellator
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby drunkensailor » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:15 pm

all over the internet people are now laughing at this. they should not have released any trailer as shit as this one. gives shenmue 3 a very bad rep. I'm sure the faces will be fixed but to people and journalists watching and rating this they think this will now turn into shit. the youtube video also got a ton of downvotes.
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby drunkensailor » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:21 pm

ShenmueForeseen wrote: The criticism on neogaf is ridiculous. How can they be so critical about the faces when it's clear the facial animation hasn't been implemented here at all beyond some mouth movement?

They will eat their words upon release.

then why release a trailer? shenmue 3 gets hammered everywhere on websites. what a stupid mistake to release this trailer.
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby DOS » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:58 pm

drunkensailor wrote:then why release a trailer?

Contractual obligations?
DOS
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 3 trailer

Postby Yama » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:12 pm

ConanTheKing wrote: Those faces are bad. I only watched it once but there seemed to be no emotion at all. I don't recall seeing anger, sadness or happiness at any point which makes me realise that Sonic in the Mega Drive/Genesis games is more expressive.

But the facial animations haven't been included yet, so why are you even discussing the lack of them? #-o

Yama has received 3 thanks from: RenDur89, SheepheadCG, Your Boy Leroy
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Hyo Razuki » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:17 pm

drunkensailor wrote: all over the internet people are now laughing at this. they should not have released any trailer as shit as this one. gives shenmue 3 a very bad rep. I'm sure the faces will be fixed but to people and journalists watching and rating this they think this will now turn into shit. the youtube video also got a ton of downvotes.

Still the appearance at Gamescom and the Trailer on Sony's official PS channel got S3 a ton of exposure. The S3 Trailer is standing at 370k views at the moment and counting. The video is standing at about 7500 upvotes versus 2000 downvotes, which means that roghly 80% of the viewers who give a vote like the trailer.

Sure, people will see the facial animations aren't there yet, but people will also see the environments and the fight scenes looking fucking phenomenal. Those people just don't tend to be as vocal as the sour and hateful people.

Also, for me personally, I've made it a general rule of thumb not to read any user comments. Not just related to Shenmue or gaming in general but on all websites. User comment sections tend to be dark places in general, and especially on Youtube. One should not read user comments. Ever. No matter what video you're on. :D
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby VukBZ2005 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:20 pm

drunkensailor wrote: all over the internet people are now laughing at this. they should not have released any trailer as shit as this one. gives shenmue 3 a very bad rep. I'm sure the faces will be fixed but to people and journalists watching and rating this they think this will now turn into shit. the youtube video also got a ton of downvotes.

Oi. What if YsNet never released a teaser? Don't you think there'd be people going in on the company for not showing anything related to the gameplay and body mechanics? Come on now.

Again, I think people are hating on Shenmue because they're hateful. For those extremely hateful towards it, it's obviously because they've made meme after meme about how "Shenmue III's never coming out" and "the fans are crazy", etc. They can't stand that it's becoming a reality with each passing day.

VukBZ2005 has received a thanks from: Your Boy Leroy
VukBZ2005
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: VukBZ2005
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PS4) ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III