Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Postby fittersau » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:27 am

Master Mo wrote: And I think these artistical changes are my most grave concern.

The technical side I`m not very concerned with simply because what I`m seeing from the graphics this game looks very good graphics-wise.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's just at the beginning of the game more as a logical recap of where the previous finished to serve as a reference point for old time fans. I doubt they'll be coming back to the cave again after the first part.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby badamn » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:22 am

They say"what am i reading"it's because they only like reading things they already know,they don't like being confronted with new ideas or nuances.To them they already placed it in a box and slapped a label on it.
badamn
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Great news! I messaged YSNet on Kickstarter and basically suggested to them how they should make Ryo and Shenhua look like. Here's what they said: "Thank you very much for the words of encouragement and the advice. We will be sure to pass the info along!

Best Regards,
Joel & the Shenmue III Team"
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Master Mo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:15 pm

fittersau wrote:
Master Mo wrote: And I think these artistical changes are my most grave concern.

The technical side I`m not very concerned with simply because what I`m seeing from the graphics this game looks very good graphics-wise.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's just at the beginning of the game more as a logical recap of where the previous finished to serve as a reference point for old time fans. I doubt they'll be coming back to the cave again after the first part.

For me it`s going to be hard to adept to stuff like how Shenhua looks simply because for me it seems like they are regretting how she looked back then and they want to improve it now by changing it. But they should realize that this girl is the core of everything that makes Shenmue magical and to have her be changed so dramatically (wears no long skirt, boring clothes colour-wise, French hat, short hair, and apparently not chinese any more) is something that bothers me to no end.

I´m sorry but I wanted them to give her the same treatment they gave Ryo. I don`t get what they thought was wrong with her... This new version of Shenhua to me simply is awful because it is not the person I travelled with through Guilin!
Master Mo
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Mystere » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote: Great news! I messaged YSNet on Kickstarter and basically suggested to them how they should make Ryo and Shenhua look like. Here's what they said: "Thank you very much for the words of encouragement and the advice. We will be sure to pass the info along!

Best Regards,

What did you suggest?
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:06 pm

Mystere wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote: Great news! I messaged YSNet on Kickstarter and basically suggested to them how they should make Ryo and Shenhua look like. Here's what they said: "Thank you very much for the words of encouragement and the advice. We will be sure to pass the info along!

Best Regards,

What did you suggest?

This http://i.imgur.com/fzvjQyn.jpg and this http://i.imgur.com/JIThlIf.jpg I'm a perfectionist and an OCD type of guy so I wasn't sure which Ryo was better. With Shenhua though, I made it clear that it was perfect. You can't go wrong with either Ryo though!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Kiske » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:07 pm

Best Regards,

Kiske has received 2 thanks from: SheepheadCG, Your Boy Leroy
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Kiske wrote:

Best Regards,

It's not as bad as it sounds. I'll post the full message that I sent them, maybe you'll look at it differently!

"Hey YsNet! It's been a while. I LOVED the Shenmue III teaser, it was truly awesome and magical. I just wanted to offer a suggestion to how Ryo and Shenhua should look. If you like it, please tell Yu-San to aim for this. Thanks! Here it is"

"Sorry, forgot to mention. Shenhua is perfect in that image. With Ryo, he should either look like that image or like this Shenmue Online model which ever one (or even if you have a different one in mind) you choose, I trust Yu-san an his awesome team! Thanks again".
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:24 pm

It's a complex issue. Too many cooks in the kitchen is a concern, but... the final decisions all rest with YSnet. Constructive criticism and words of encouragement can help if they're taking considered and careful notice of it and not being overly reactionary.

I trust YSnet to be smart with the feedback they're getting. There's a lot of experience in the development team so I'd like to think they know how to handle it without getting mixed messages.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Your Boy Leroy
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:55 pm

For the love of all good in the world. Please, let the man do his work lol Someone kill me. Don't you think that they have looked at like every Ryo, Shenhua, Lan Di etc picture ever made... ?? For hours and hours they have tried to come to something that is a natural progression of how these 16 year old characters look, but something that also works within the engine. You have to remember that it needs to be rigged correctly for movement of the face/muscles/lips eyes??? No offence to anyone, but they have a TEAM of people who do this FOR A LIVING, they know what they are doing, and they have, one, if not the greatest game producers, directors, programmers of all time at the helm.

This is getting crazy, people need to leave him to do what he does best, create amazing fucking games. Please, have some faith in the man, he did create your 2 favourite games of all time remember!

SheepheadCG has received 2 thanks from: Kiske, Your Boy Leroy
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:01 pm

SheepheadCG wrote: For the love of all good in the world. Please, let the man do his work lol Someone kill me. Don't you think that they have looked at like every Ryo, Shenhua, Lan Di etc picture ever made... ?? For hours and hours they have tried to come to something that is a natural progression of how these 16 year old characters look, but something that also works within the engine. You have to remember that it needs to be rigged correctly for movement of the face/muscles/lips eyes??? No offence to anyone, but they have a TEAM of people who do this FOR A LIVING, they know what they are doing, and they have, one, if not the greatest game directors of all time at the helm.

This is getting crazy, people need to leave him to do what he does best, create amazing fucking games.

Although I loved the teaser, I still didn't like neither Ryo's nor Shenhua's model. They need a step in the right direction so I'm just encouraging them to use the perfect models. The ones I posted are the top two Ryo models so once they pinpoint the best one, we will have that other Shenhua model and one of the two Ryos. How cool would that be?!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:03 pm

You're not wrong, SheepheadCG.

Obsessive fans we might be, but at some point we have to hold our hands up and admit that we don't really know best, and ultimately there are quite a lot of us pulling and pushing in different directions. Nothing gets made that way.

There's still value in cheering YSnet on and making suggestions but we probably should acknowledge that there's not really a unified fan opinion on anything (e.g, I like the manga-style approach to the models, Yokosuka said in another topic it deeply disappointed him), and even if there was they're not obliged to listen to us. YSnet are making the game, we're not. They call the shots.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: SheepheadCG, Your Boy Leroy
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote:Although I loved the teaser, I still didn't like neither Ryo's nor Shenhua's model. They need a step in the right direction so I'm just encouraging them to use the perfect models. The ones I posted are the top two Ryo models so once they pinpoint the best one, we will have that other Shenhua model and one of the two Ryos. How cool would that be?!

It's just a never ending spiral though lol. As Spaghetti said, You linked them 2 pictures that YOU like, but other people might not like them. In the end, it will always come down to personal preference. I think it is just better for Yu to do what he thinks is best (and this is what will ultimately probably happen). You also have to remember that we do not know the whole picture. We've seen the unfinished, un-animated, dry facial expression models within a 90 second video. Yu and his team have seen the models in every location that is currently created in the game, with every lighting scenario, at every angle and with facial tech implemented. To put it straight, we know nothing and they know a hell of a lot more. Please remember this. People on here see one image from 1 angle with 1 light source and they start flipping out. They know more than us, have more experience than us, and can therefore make a much better call on what is and what is not good.

If we get to E3 next year or even Gamescom and then as a majority, people are still not happy with Ryo and Shenhua, then it makes sense to raise our opinions. Currently, as I have said over and over for the last 3 days, it is a work in progress.

Couldn't agree with Spaghetti's post more. Cheering the team on, defending the game and helping keep the moral up is very important, but trying to change how Yu wants to make the game is something that we should (and something that we should want to) stay away from. Just because we gave our financial support to the Kickstarter does not mean that we have the right to steer development. It is Yu's gift to the fans, and it should stay that way.

SheepheadCG has received 2 thanks from: Spaghetti, Your Boy Leroy
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Your Boy Leroy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:27 pm

AMEN.
Your Boy Leroy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: God of War

Postby staplepuffs27 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:31 pm

I'm sorry, I really don't see what people like about the Shenmue online version of Ryo.
staplepuffs27
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: staplepuffs27
Currently playing: Sonic CD

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III