Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

Postby south carmain » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:57 pm

I'm not sure he grasps the fact that they're selling shenmue tbqh.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Spaghetti wrote: YSnet doesn't consider it a promotional effort, so I can't fathom why we keep going in circles about it supposedly being an "ad". Their word is the end of it. They know what they made.

YSnet's own language on the Kickstarter is that it's a progress video. Even the Playstation YouTube video (which apparently was meant to launch at the same time as the KS video) hedges its bets as "1st teaser" and a video description of "The first teaser of Shenmue III is built from a small slice of an in-development build of the game, and it delivers small peeks in new look of main characters, new characters, and feels of Shenmue world."

It doesn't even say what year the game is supposed to release FFS.

Trying to convince people that something that clearly wasn't an ad was an ad, and should have looked like an ad, but in the same breath making excuses for people who won't read a video description barely over 35 words... just... what?

It doesn't matter what Ysnet call it, it's an advertisement of the game they're making. We're going around in circles because you're not accepting that. They can call it a progress video all they like but it's cut like a trailer therefore it's a trailer.

I don't really get what point you're trying to make about the year it's being released not being on the trailer. I could point to many trailers that don't have the release date on it. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't put it the date on the end out of stupidity as the marketing team clearly don't know what they're doing.

Yes, asking people to read a description is too much. I went and see IT the other day and saw trailers before the film, should I have to go home and read the description of each trailer before I decide if I like what I saw? If you're making a 2 minute video you've got to sell your product in those 2 minutes. You've got to hook people in with what you're showing from the off, if it makes your product look bad then you don't show it.

The sad thing is that having a half hour meeting in a room with just some people with an ounce of common sense could have made this trailer and releasing it a massive win for the game in the public eye.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: Mystere, SickOctopus
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Peter » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:01 pm

And so what the fuck if it is a trailer or whatever. Never seen a bunch of moany cunts in my life. Games over a year from release, development is picking up big time, more cash and staff has came in the form of a new publisher, and the games looking pretty sweet for one which didn't exist for 15 years.

So hey, 2010 called. It said shut the fuck up and stop moaning.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Spaghetti, Your Boy Leroy
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:13 pm

"What YSnet said or did doesn't matter because WE said so and it doesn't fit our narrative"

I had no idea the Dojo had so many successful marketing experts among its members tbh.

Jokes aside, lads, you're tilting at windmills.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:33 pm

Spaghetti wrote:I had no idea the Dojo had so many successful marketing experts among its members tbh.

Well normally I only do it between 9-5 when I'm being paid for it.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Why's it become such a seemingly negative thing to raise genuine concerns about a franchise you want to succeed? I waited my entire life for a Batman/Superman film and was pretty happy to debate why I reckon it's great with those who thought it was a trainwreck. I don't seem to recall telling anyone to shut up about it.

There seems to be some growing mentality amongst Shenmue fans that we should shut our eyes and ears to anything bad and just repeat the mantra of "la la la, not listening, it's gonna be great, they know what they're doin, waited ages for it, just be grateful, la la la!"

Can you imagine if it doesn't end up being good? If it's poorly received by both the public and media? Who's gonna buy it? We've already got copies reserved. Where are they gonna make the money needed for the follow-up? It's simply not a case of "anything will do". Yeah, we waited fifteen years for this. So it better be fuckin worth the wait. And the money.

As for Spaghetti, how are you not getting this? Why does any studio show something off? No, why does anyone show anything off? Honestly, just think about it. Maybe English isn't your first language, in that case it'd be slightly more understandable, but c'mon... showing off concept art is promotional material. "Checking in" on Facebook to a hotel in an area where there's a relevant event: promotional material. Appearing on a chat show. That's promotional. A video, work in progress or not, is promotional.

MiTT3NZ has received 5 thanks from: darksniper, Mystere, Rakim, SickOctopus, Yokosuka
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Peter » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:57 pm

And where the fuck did you turn the cheek to give a shit about this series? Never said a good fucking thing about it in all the years I've seen, and if anything, were happy to watch this site burn to the ground and have members running about more than willing to do so. All you ever got off on was wanting people to listen to you and think whatever shit you spout is the way it is. Sorry fella, jumping on a negativity bandwagon is nowhere near enough to make me listen to any opinion you have about this franchise.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:12 pm

You mean because I didn't send tweets every month? I'd like to think I've had some actual intelligent discussions about the games with people on here. Not everything I have to say is negative, nor is it always positive. Funnily enough I was one of the few on here looking forward to Shenmue Online.

And thinking I wanted the site to fail... I've genuinely got no idea how you came to that conclusion. Sure, I've enjoyed a good argument or two and a bit of piss taking in the past, but I do that when I'm out. I do it with mates, colleagues, fellow students. It's called a personality. Plus I'm pretty sure any instances you're referring to are from when I was younger. I'm nearly thirty now pal, don't confuse me with someone basement-dwellin cretin who'd leap at the chance to post pictures of his nob all over the place. Not that I was ever like that anyway.

...after all, I'm camera-shy.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:14 pm

Yea I guess your just the type of person who likes the sound of their own voice, barking orders to people with talent to try and create something which you would take credit for. As if it was gonna ever turn out to be anything of use in the first place, instead of a sad pathetic exercise for you to throw your weight around, failing miserably.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:25 pm

I know what you're talking about, but I'm not sure you do. I'm also not sure why you're bringing that up, I know I certainly didn't. If you'd like though I can show you the sheer amount of work I personally put into it. I'd also like to point out the fact that whatever knowledge I did receive, thanks to the help of those involved, I shared with others. I also retain friendly relationships with those people, and the entire thing helped inspire my path in life.

But yeah, class act though that, Peter. You don't agree with the points I'm making so you attack me personally. Isn't that the kinda thing you're insinuating I do?

Look, I can take insults, I'm really not arsed, but why are you getting involved in an honest debate on such a personal level? I know that you blow hot and cold with certain members on here, you've done it with myself on a few occasions, and I'm fine with that. I just don't understand where this is coming from. Whatever though, if you've got something to get off your chest, go for it.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:27 pm

Sorry, I believe you went personal first with your post above mine, and I'm sure as you know, I ain't afraid to go there either.

You have trolled these boards with the best of them for years and now you wanna act like you care? Or want to engage in a healthy debate about the future if the series. Fucking pull the other one.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:32 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Why's it become such a seemingly negative thing to raise genuine concerns about a franchise you want to succeed? I waited my entire life for a Batman/Superman film and was pretty happy to debate why I reckon it's great with those who thought it was a trainwreck. I don't seem to recall telling anyone to shut up about it.

There seems to be some growing mentality amongst Shenmue fans that we should shut our eyes and ears to anything bad and just repeat the mantra of "la la la, not listening, it's gonna be great, they know what they're doin, waited ages for it, just be grateful, la la la!"

Can you imagine if it doesn't end up being good? If it's poorly received by both the public and media? Who's gonna buy it? We've already got copies reserved. Where are they gonna make the money needed for the follow-up? It's simply not a case of "anything will do". Yeah, we waited fifteen years for this. So it better be fuckin worth the wait. And the money.

As for Spaghetti, how are you not getting this? Why does any studio show something off? No, why does anyone show anything off? Honestly, just think about it. Maybe English isn't your first language, in that case it'd be slightly more understandable, but c'mon... showing off concept art is promotional material. "Checking in" on Facebook to a hotel in an area where there's a relevant event: promotional material. Appearing on a chat show. That's promotional. A video, work in progress or not, is promotional.

English is my first language, but thanks for being patronising enough for those who it isn't by thinking that's the crux of my problem with a flimsy, ill-defined concept of what is promotional and what isn't.

Who made the rules about what's promotional and what isn't? Who wrote that book? You're trying to enforce a definition that doesn't exist, that flies completely in the opposite direction of what the people who made and released the progress video have said. They get the final word to define what they put out, not you, or me. Just fucking accept it already. It's nearly a month since the progress video released and it's the same old fucking arguments from day one, reheated and sicked up for us to choke down again and again.

And don't get me started on negativity. This forum has plenty of it, to the point where it can almost literally fester with poorly justified hand-wringing, gleeful pessimism, and outright desire for schadenfreude.

You must have seen the interviews with Yu out of Gamescom. There's so much better stuff to focus on than 1 minute 37 seconds that you think is make or break for a project that might not even see release until the end of 2018, or later. In fact there are even comments from late-comers that the negative comments about the progress video have been overblown. There's no consensus here, or anywhere else about the progress video.

It's the height of ignorance to think that just because others aren't obsessing over poorly reasoned criticism of the progress video, they're putting the blinkers on. Fuck me. God forbid you're ever reminded there are reasons that things are looking up, or even suggesting that YSnet were faced with a complex set of decisions that didn't always fit a right/wrong binary.

The fact that you even feel you're being prejudiced against for having a negative opinion blows my mind considering how readily this place tips over into pant-shitting hyperbolic negativity on the regular.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:00 pm

I trolled maybe three members about ten years ago. I was still a teenager. It was Dino, Nick, and FRASIER. Ironically I get on with FRASIER a lot on Facebook, and I actually helped him set his account back up on here. If you truly wanna talk about the "now you wanna care" shit, then how about this?

- I've donated to the site plenty of times.
- I helped Ziming set up the For Wude campaign.
- I helped Axm with his second attempt at the Shenmue Podcast.
- Assisted where I could whenever I could in the Community Projects forum.
- Actually got a definitive answer about Game Power Kit (probably doesn't mean much to many, but still...)
- Offered Yama on a few occasions to help give the main site a facelift.
- Contributed to a number of healthy debates and discussions, along with topics (all to drive people away, of course)
- Maintained links to useful software for Shenmue fans, including downloads for the games (though tbf I haven't checked up on em in about a year or so)
- Okay, this isn't something good, but I just remembered a few other members I used to rip into. But honestly it's only really AG I've done that to recently. And even then the last time was a while ago.
- Also, I remember when you were made redundant when you moved to Australia. Felt pretty bad coz you were proper up for it and put a lot on the line. Now, I didn't exactly try to move heaven n earth for you, but you're part of the community, so I gave a fuck. Might not have come to anything, but it's not exactly what someone who "just wants to watch the Dojo burn" would do now, is it?
Attachments
Peter.png
(46.02 KiB) Downloaded 3468 times
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:02 pm

And FYI, the issue with the head models is a concern I've had for years:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46336

MiTT3NZ wrote: Summat that's always bugged me about Shenmue is that Passport/Promo/SASASR Ryo looks like a completely different person than the Ryo we see in game. Sure, they look similar in ways, but I've never really been a fan of the higher res version. Dunno if anyone feels the same, but when we eventually do get Shenmue III, I'm a little uneasy about the thought of it "not being Ryo". Gonna be having the same thing with Sam Fisher in Blacklist.

Do you feel the same/similar? And if so, which one do you prefer?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Telekill » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Walking into this conversation like...

8-[ In other news... anyone wishing that YsNet would release the full reveal trailer that the media was shown to us backers?
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III