Famitsu Interview w/ Yu Suzuki @Gamescom [Full Translation]

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Famitsu Interview w/ Yu Suzuki @Gamescom [Full Translati

Postby Valascaziel » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:30 pm

I'd like for them to reveal just how much further the budget has taken them..say $9.5 million but let folks know their contributiins stilll matter so we could push for the $10 million marker via SB.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SheepheadCG » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Valascaziel wrote: I'd like for them to reveal just how much further the budget has taken them..say $9.5 million but let folks know their contributiins stilll matter so we could push for the $10 million marker via SB.

Honestly, that would be cool, but it is highly unlikely. These kinds of deals are done behind closed doors for a reason. I doubt that Deep Silver would be happy if YSnet told the world how much it cost for them to get Yu on board. I am happy that they haven't told us as well to be honest, can you imagine the headlines..."Shenmue 3 needed more money, even after it's kickstater". I'm almost surprised that the negative press and gaming "journalists" haven't already jumped on it.

I think they will just keep quiet and continue to say that Deep Silver has allowed them to realise the vision to the fullest. We're happy, Deep Silver's happy, Yu's happy, and the trolls don't get a specific number to write shit about :P

SheepheadCG has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:56 pm

@Spaghetti:

Wasn't the fishing part time job confirmed early on? That must mean, fishing would have been in there regardless of any stretch goals. I think wood chopping will be the Choubu area expanded part time job.

Also, we know Choubu will be based on a river and since there's hardly any proper roads in the area S3 takes place in, it would make perfect sense to transport the tree trunks on river boats.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Famitsu Interview with Yu Suzuki @ GamesCom

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:57 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
Forklifts... if I don't include them, everyone will be upset with me. [laughs] Forklifts are being readied.

Yu, they're trolling you!!!!! ](*,)

Danmit, we memed too hard.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: @Spaghetti:

Wasn't the fishing part time job confirmed early on? That must mean, fishing would have been in there regardless of any stretch goals. I think wood chopping will be the Choubu area expanded part time job.

Also, we know Choubu will be based on a river and since there's hardly any proper roads in the area S3 takes place in, it would make perfect sense to transport the tree trunks on river boats.

Yeah, fishing was always in as a part time job.

For those who saw the design plan from 2015 for Bailu's quests (spoilers, I guess)

The rod/fishing aspect is introduced to the player in Bailu village.

You might be on to something with the logs though.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby The_Fuzileiro » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:25 pm

Thank you so much Switch! These news came as a remedy for me...

I was seriously worried by the lack of facial animation, but know I'm confident that there's still much work to do and the team will significantly improve the game.

When worldwide promotion begin, Shenmue would certainly have a total different treatment.

Just another point that worries me... the stories that will be made to tell newcomers about previous games.
Please don't do Street Fighter V cartoon stories like. That's just horrendous. Totally unprofessional on my view.

The_Fuzileiro has received a thanks from: Switch
The_Fuzileiro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby staplepuffs27 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:46 pm

The_Fuzileiro wrote: Thank you so much Switch! These news came as a remedy for me...

I was seriously worried by the lack of facial animation, but know I'm confident that there's still much work to do and the team will significantly improve the game.

When worldwide promotion begin, Shenmue would certainly have a total different treatment.

Just another point that worries me... the stories that will be made to tell newcomers about previous games.
Please don't do Street Fighter V cartoon stories like. That's just horrendous. Totally unprofessional on my view.
Agreed! This is where HD remasters would come in handy... but I'm beating a dead horse.
staplepuffs27
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: staplepuffs27
Currently playing: Sonic CD

Postby ShenSun » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Switch if i ever meet you, remind me to buy you dinner and a beer. Your contributions to the community are always immaculate.

ShenSun has received 3 thanks from: KidMarine, Spaghetti, Switch
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby adom11800 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:31 am

Such fantastic news about Deep Silver. They are going to help release the game globally and helped with funding, Choubu being tripled in volume! If any of the other stretch goals have been funded then Jesus Christ but I'm not so sure about that?. I'm so glad for Yu Suzuki that this has happened though, I can tell he was one happy Larry about it. Let's just hope the game will sell well!

Also, YS: There will also be a race. And I also want to include lure fishing. I have a system planned where various people will tell you about fishing spots, and you can sell the fish you've caught to earn money.

Just like in Shenmue 2, when Ryo asks people 'Do you know where I can get part-time job?' This time he will be asking about fishing spots.
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Previous

Return to Shenmue III