"Unlike Shenmue II it won't use the Virtua engine."

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: "Unlike Shenmue II it won't use the Virtua engine."

Postby shenmue852 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:34 pm

Why has Sega abandoned Virtua Fighter anyway? Aren't all the other fighting franchises making money for their publishers? I suppose they have had a track record of about one title per console generation, but there's no indication that they ever want to make another one.
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Fluffy90 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:43 pm

shenmue852 wrote: Why has Sega abandoned Virtua Fighter anyway?

Worry no more as VF5:FS is being ported to the ps4:

phpBB [video]

:D

Seems to be the full arcade experience as well which is sort of crazy given as it's 'only' a yakuza mini-game.

I'd sort of take this as a sign that if Sega went through all the trouble of porting VF5 then a VF6 seems even less likely to happen,best case scenario is maybe they will release it as a stand-alone downloadable on PSN?
Fluffy90
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Haroon90
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby munchmunch » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Fluffy90 wrote:
shenmue852 wrote: Why has Sega abandoned Virtua Fighter anyway?

Worry no more as VF5:FS is being ported to the ps4:

:D

Seems to be the full arcade experience as well which is sort of crazy given as it's 'only' a yakuza mini-game.

I'd sort of take this as a sign that if Sega went through all the trouble of porting VF5 then a VF6 seems even less likely to happen,best case scenario is maybe they will release it as a stand-alone downloadable on PSN?

The 360 version is also backwards compatible on Xbox One along with Virtua Fighter 2.
munchmunch
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Fluffy90 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:56 pm

Huh i had no idea,unfortunately i don't follow anything xbox related anymore but that is interesting to know,i wonder how long MS intends to keep the 360 online service going?
Fluffy90

PSN: Haroon90
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Centrale » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:02 am

Fluffy90 wrote: Huh i had no idea,unfortunately i don't follow anything xbox related anymore but that is interesting to know,i wonder how long MS intends to keep the 360 online service going?

Considering they're about to expand it to include OG Xbox backwards compatibility with online multiplayer (Crimson Skies!! :D ) it seems they intend to keep it going indefinitely.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shenmue852 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:32 pm

oh wow original xbox games online? i'd love to see what people that never played Splinter Cell 2's multiplayer would think of it today.

i remember it being the most brutal game to play online, ever. people were fucking good at maximizing the advantages of their camera perspective and exploiting the disadvantages of yours.
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue III