Corey Marshall

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Corey Marshall

Postby ys » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:09 pm

O Rei do Frango Assado wrote:This is to say that, to be honest, I don't really care whether Corey Marshall can still do a Ryo voice or not, because I'm not planning on every hearing it.
And I really hope that the voice acting (and the writing) is much improved and up to today's standards.

I've heard him do some bits and it sounded like before I think. I personally would likely start with Japanese and do another playthrough in English. I've done so with other games.

I suspect that the voice acting might be better in general. It's more common now compared to then and I guess that Sony and/or Deep Silver might provide input or help in this case. As for the writing, the localization was likely a bigger problem. Some Japanese phrases got translated too directly here and there.

ys has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:22 pm

I wonder if they will include other dubs in there as well as the Japanese and English dubs since nowadays to market the game to other countries there's multi-language dubbing, so might actually be a Mandarin voice track this time and others for certain European territories as well (Spanish? French? etc).

Hopefully now with Deep Silver funding more towards the game that will mean all of the NPCs will be voiced like with the previous games, not just select "important" NPCs. This was definitely a concern before.

We shall see, I guess.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Tosh » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Well, i mean they had Kickstarter goals for german, french, spanish and italian subtitles.
So my guess is that we will have japanese and english voices
(because the english and japanese voice actor for Ryo was already confirmed i think?)
with english, japanese, german, french, spanish and italian subtitles + menues.

Maybe some other subtitles for other asian territories.
That would be already pretty huge for such a game nowadays,
because most of the "imported" asian games, get nothing else besides english subtitles for the west.

You always have to remember that the localization and translation is super expensive.
So most of the time, its not worth the money to translate every "niche product".

Persona 5, Senran Kagura, Yakuza 0-Kiwami 1+2, 6 and the Koei Samurai games
dont have german, french, spanish or italian subtitles or menues.

German, french, spanish or italian voices for these kind of games? Never.
Tosh
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby staplepuffs27 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:37 pm

I'm not sure what I should play in first. I really enjoy the Shenmue 1 English dub, but I've never played the Xbox dub. I've heard it's worse somehow???
staplepuffs27
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: staplepuffs27
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Sonic CD

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:00 am

staplepuffs27 wrote: I'm not sure what I should play in first. I really enjoy the Shenmue 1 English dub, but I've never played the Xbox dub. I've heard it's worse somehow???

It isn't. If you liked the English in the original Shenmue, then you'll also like it in Shenmue II.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:12 am

The English voice acting is part of the experience for me. It's just slightly off and I love it.

BlueCreeperBoy12 has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, Your Boy Leroy
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:24 pm

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote: The English voice acting is part of the experience for me. It's just slightly off and I love it.

I'm kinda the same way. When I was younger I knew the acting was pretty bad but I was never bothered by it. If they do release multi track audio for Shenmue 3 I'll probably play with Japanese to add to the immersion even if I don't know how the Chinese people understand and speak Japanese.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Previous

Return to Shenmue III