When & where will Shenmue 3 show up next?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

When & where will Shenmue 3 show up next?

Postby Peter » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:42 am

Not a hard question to throw a guess at. But perhaps there's information some may have missed which could help us see where and when Shenmue 3 will appear.

So we know TGS is out right? That was confirmed yea? That means Sony's recently announced Japan conference before E3 is a bust? After that is Paris Games Week, then PSX, then Monaco Magic, and then E3. So there's a nice wide range of events to guess.

So where do you think Shenmue 3 will appear next? Personally, I have to go all in and double down on PSX for a combined Shenmue 3 trailer and HD announcements. It's time.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: When & where will Shenmue 3 show up next?

Postby Kiske » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:04 am

Suzuki-San in the Gamekult.com interview says "We may create a longer and more polished version of the progress video for the end of the year, a real promotional trailer."

Cédric Biscay in the TeamYu interview says "In the next couple of month we will be able to show something very good."

Based on both those comments, I would say either PGW or PSX. :)

A presentation of a new Shenme 3 trailer paired with the announcement of Shenmue HD would of course be the unbeatable Combo of the year!
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:25 am

PSX, or just waiting until 2018.

YSnet will probably be more discerning about what they show and how they show it now, so I can see them taking a more patient approach if some of the presentational parts of development are still behind their goals.

Depends how much work they're getting done, how many more people join the project, the variable of Deep Silver's involvement in marketing, etc.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:01 am

PSX or E3?

I'm okay with anything at this point. Even if there's a delay to 2020.

Faster releases don't make masterpieces.
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:51 am

I'm expecting a big KS update by the end of the year, a teaser at Magic Monaco, and a proper trailer at e3.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Telekill » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:47 pm

Kiske wrote: Suzuki-San in the Gamekult.com interview says "We may create a longer and more polished version of the progress video for the end of the year, a real promotional trailer."

Cédric Biscay in the TeamYu interview says "In the next couple of month we will be able to show something very good."

Based on both those comments, I would say either PGW or PSX. :)

A presentation of a new Shenme 3 trailer paired with the announcement of Shenmue HD would of course be the unbeatable Combo of the year!

Yeah, based on the comments made, I'm wagering that PSX is where we'll see Shenmue 3 again.

I've lost hope that we'll be seeing a Shenmue HD given Sega's comments. You could say I'm really pessimistic at this point regarding a remaster of the first two games. If we're lucky, we end up with the same PR bull crap that we've been getting for years. It's been time for them to pull the trigger on a Shenmue HD collection since at least E3 2016 and we've had nothing. I don't expect that to change.

Oppositely, as for Shenmue 3 itself... I'm very optimistic. I'm very excited for the continuation and feel that the game is coming along nicely.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Return to Shenmue III