Kickstarter Update #74 - Gamescom Travelogue

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #74 - Gamescom Travelogue

Postby alexironaek » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:02 am

SheepheadCG wrote:
sutoji wrote:
adom11800 wrote: Those screenshots are gorgeous, I really like how Ryo looks now and would be completely fine if that was his final model and looked like that in the game. I'm very satisfied with how he looks

Get out of here

I hate to be really negative but If he looks like that in the final game which I know he wont then I wont be playing it. I'm actually serious, he straight up looks like someone else. There are models used in spin off games featuring Ryo Hazuki that look more like him and were even probably easier to make. No need to worry though because its definitely not final.

Wow. You won't play a game that you have waited for for 16 years? Because the main character model doesn't look how you want it to look... lol true fan right here boys. Jesus fuck... They could literally replace Ryo with the model from the Shenmue Zero fan game, and you wouldn't be able to hold me back from playing it.

They could replace Ryo's model with this and i'd still cry when that little shoopuf rider exits the cave :P Image
As for the images. I really can't wait to explore those cities. Literary! as Kiske said the wait is unbearable.

alexironaek has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
alexironaek
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Rikitatsu » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:04 am

I think the reason their faces appear to emit a light is to make the face look good in any light condition... You all saw how lighting and shadows makes the face look all wrong depending on the angle (Refer to the old Ryo model images).

Having the faces be light emissive makes it look just right in all lighting/shadowing conditions...

Rikitatsu has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby stoney05 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:15 am

Something about his face seems off, and its not the lifeless stare thats fine for now.
stoney05
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby johnvivant » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:32 am

the screen-shots just keep getting better and better. they seem to have bulked Ryo out a bit, especially in the legs, something he really needed.

the glowing effect reminds of the xbox bloom lighting, which i really liked. very happy.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:09 am

Normally photos of environments don't do much for me but that last screenshot is the first image to me that looks like they've just taken a photo while the game is running and that has me hyped.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:25 am

Kiske wrote:
sutoji wrote:
adom11800 wrote: Those screenshots are gorgeous, I really like how Ryo looks now and would be completely fine if that was his final model and looked like that in the game. I'm very satisfied with how he looks

Get out of here

I hate to be really negative but If he looks like that in the final game which I know he wont then I wont be playing it. I'm actually serious, he straight up looks like someone else. There are models used in spin off games featuring Ryo Hazuki that look more like him and were even probably easier to make. No need to worry though because its definitely not final.

Some people need to get real.

This is actually what you get when you play Shenmue. Not talking about emulators, VGA cables or who knows.
You hook up your Dreamcast (if you are lucky enough to still have one working) to your TV and that is what you get.

And it still looks awesome... Literally one gen ahead of the competition at the time and you have to look at the newest Yakuza games to find better japanese/asian faces.

Regardless, the newest shenmue 3 screenshots look good.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:30 am

Credit to LelouchViBritannia over on NeoGaf for the comparison shots with Yakuza 0.

If this is where the model design is right now, at this stage of the development process, then I am over the moon. Throw in touch ups, lighting, facial animation and voice acting......

Definitely good times.

Peter has received 5 thanks from: alexironaek, KidMarine, Kiske, Yokosuka, Your Boy Leroy
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby adom11800 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:48 am

^ Am I right thinking that the screenshots are in-game images of Shenmue III?
adom11800

Postby Kiske » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:51 am

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote:
And it still looks awesome... Literally one gen ahead of the competition at the time and you have to look at the newest Yakuza games to find better japanese/asian faces.

Regardless, the newest shenmue 3 screenshots look good.

Don't get me wrong. I literally consider the Dreamcast versions of Shenmue 1 & 2 true technological gems.

My point is that the new Ryo is a more than decent evolution of the 1999 Ryo.

Kiske has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby squall » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 am

I think it looks great.

I can't even fathom how someone could feel like it looks so bad (or non-Ryo) to not even play the game. If that's the case for someone...you'll probably never be pleased. Ryo is looking great. The city looks great. If they get Shenhua looking as much like Shenhua as this Ryo looks like Ryo - I'm good. More than good. :D

squall has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
squall
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kiske » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 am

adom11800 wrote: ^ Am I right thinking that the screenshots are in-game images of Shenmue III?

That's what Yu Suzuki said in one or more interviews. It's in-game engine graphics. No CG.

Kiske has received a thanks from: adom11800
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby adom11800 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:02 am

squall wrote: I think it looks great.

I can't even fathom how someone could feel like it looks so bad (or non-Ryo) to not even play the game. If that's the case for someone...you'll probably never be pleased. Ryo is looking great. The city looks great. If they get Shenhua looking as much like Shenhua as this Ryo looks like Ryo - I'm good. More than good. :D

Yeah Shenhua doesn't look bad but she could look better.
adom11800

Postby Kiske » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:18 am

Is someone able to translate this sign?

Zoom on the left side of the shop entrance.
Love those NPC outfits.

Kiske has received a thanks from: SledgeNE
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby SledgeNE » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:19 am

I will enjoy every step i make in the game when it's released. It looks so fantastic. And i will go youtube out of the way. It happens so often that LP's spoils with the thumbnails when i got a game on release-day.
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:41 am

This face made grown men cry tears of joy:

But this face makes the game unplayable:

Okay.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 5 thanks from: cham69, iyapol, Kiske, SheepheadCG, VukBZ2005
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III