Kickstarter Update #74 - Gamescom Travelogue

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #74 - Gamescom Travelogue

Postby shredingskin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:25 am

PBR materials are very "light sensitive" to put it in a way, of course they can put the roughness up, but I think they're trying to go for that anime aesthetic.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Kiske » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:29 am

Those pictures are gorgeous, especially the one with Choubu City street in the background!
The wait is going to be unbearable =P~
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby adom11800 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:45 am

Those screenshots are gorgeous, I really like how Ryo looks now and would be completely fine if that was his final model and looked like that in the game. I'm very satisfied with how he looks, Shenhua needs some work though but time will tell. Can't even explain how much I can't wait for this game! It's looking beautiful already. Just need to fix the facial animations but it's early says yet. Cheers to shredingskin for the better images, the first shot of Ryo looks better in facial animation already, unless I'm just being over excited...
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades

Postby shredingskin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:01 am

A thing to speculate:

Will we get a 360 camera or will be locked angles like in older shenmues ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby sutoji » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:07 am

adom11800 wrote: Those screenshots are gorgeous, I really like how Ryo looks now and would be completely fine if that was his final model and looked like that in the game. I'm very satisfied with how he looks

Get out of here

I hate to be really negative but If he looks like that in the final game which I know he wont then I wont be playing it. I'm actually serious, he straight up looks like someone else. There are models used in spin off games featuring Ryo Hazuki that look more like him and were even probably easier to make. No need to worry though because its definitely not final.
sutoji
Banned
Banned

Postby Gromber » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:22 am

First ryo pic looks fine, rest like in the trailer, but great environments.
He need more expresions in her face and its very anime like dead or alive games, i think something like Yakuza style could be better, because the environments are very realistic.
Last edited by Gromber on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Gromber
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:22 am

sutoji wrote:
adom11800 wrote: Those screenshots are gorgeous, I really like how Ryo looks now and would be completely fine if that was his final model and looked like that in the game. I'm very satisfied with how he looks

Get out of here

I hate to be really negative but If he looks like that in the final game which I know he wont then I wont be playing it. I'm actually serious, he straight up looks like someone else. There are models used in spin off games featuring Ryo Hazuki that look more like him and were even probably easier to make. No need to worry though because its definitely not final.

Wow. You won't play a game that you have waited for for 16 years? Because the main character model doesn't look how you want it to look... lol true fan right here boys. Jesus fuck... They could literally replace Ryo with the model from the Shenmue Zero fan game, and you wouldn't be able to hold me back from playing it.

Very happy with everything to be honest. I have the same feelings/thoughts as Peter really. Looks far beyond my original expectations and is getting better every time we see more material. With another year+ to go I am so excited to see how far Yu can push his vision for the game. Still blows my mind that we will be playing Shenmue 3!! Going to explore every single hex of the game lol

As I have said multiple times since June 2015, people really need to remember who is creating this game. Yu has one (if not the best) track record in the entire gaming industry. Yes, he is now confined by a much smaller budget, and a tiny team, but he is going to be able to squeeze everything he possibly can out of it/them and has said himself that "I can make the whole game you imagined!’

Yu ain't a punk bitch remember...Have some faith :twisted:
Last edited by SheepheadCG on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

SheepheadCG has received 2 thanks from: VukBZ2005, Your Boy Leroy
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:29 am

shredingskin wrote: A thing to speculate:

Will we get a 360 camera or will be locked angles like in older shenmues ?

Locked angles please. Is that type of camera so extraordinary nowadays?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shredingskin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:33 am

Yup, most of the cameras are 360 when standing still and locks/target to the back when walking, or directly turn the direction your guy is looking.

To be honest I prefer 360, it makes you appreciate the surroundings a little bit more.
Last edited by shredingskin on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:33 am

WOOOOO! Look at Ryo! He looks great! Great job! Ryo is finally BACK!
That was all I needed to be now completely 100% hype mode about everything.
And those environments are brilliant!
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby KidMarine » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:36 am

Ryo looks great in the first shot but has that dead eyes stare in the other two. I'm guessing the first one has some kind of facial animation applied and the other two don't? His model and the environments look great regardless.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Kiske » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:39 am

sutoji wrote:

Get out of here

Some people need to get real.

This is actually what you get when you play Shenmue. Not talking about emulators, VGA cables or who knows.
You hook up your Dreamcast (if you are lucky enough to still have one working) to your TV and that is what you get.

Now, if you think this modern Ryo isn't good enough to make you play Shenmue 3, you should probably forget about Shenmue and move on to something else.

Kiske has received 4 thanks from: alexironaek, SheepheadCG, VukBZ2005, Your Boy Leroy
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Niowiad » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:41 am

Pleeeeeased with what I'm seeing. :heart:

Even though I'm confident they'll improve, I would have zero problems to accept this if it was the final result (plus some facial animations).
As it has been already pointed out many times by many people... for more than a decade we were on our knees for a book or graphic novel directed by YS to continue the saga, we're getting the videogame now.
I'm uncomfortable even at the thought of complaining.

Niowiad has received 3 thanks from: adom11800, SheepheadCG, VukBZ2005
Niowiad

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:45 am

shredingskin wrote: Yup, most of the cameras are 360 when standing still and locks/target to the back when walking, or directly turn the direction your guy is looking.

To be honest I prefer 360, it makes you appreciate the surroundings a little bit more.

Ok, I guess it's a matter of routine. After all, I don't think I would have enjoyed Life Is Strange so much without 360 camera.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby adom11800 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:59 am

KidMarine wrote: Ryo looks great in the first shot but has that dead eyes stare in the other two. I'm guessing the first one has some kind of facial animation applied and the other two don't? His model and the environments look great regardless.

Couldn't agree with you more. The 3rd one is probably the worst, he looks robotic. Still, first image is just great though.
adom11800

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III