SubtitlesMue

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Should Shenmue 3 have coloured subtitles? (Total votes: 14)

Non Coloured Subtitles (Plain)
7%
Shenmue 1/2's Coloured Subtitles
71%
Shenmue 1/2's Coloured Subtitles + Pink for Shenhua
21%

SubtitlesMue

Postby sutoji » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:14 pm

Should the subtitles for Shenmue 3 be coloured in the same way like Shenmue 1 & 2?

(BLUE for Ryo)

(BROWN for Others)

or mabye this time PINK for Shenhua? to give her importance. In the poll, the 1st option is plain white or yellow whatever subtitles like most other games, the 2nd option is basically same as Shenmue 1 and 2 which doesnt have pink for Shenhua but Blue and Brown. The 3rd option is the same except pink is added for Shenhua's dialogue.

This was a very unique aspect of Shenmue and it must remain. If I recall there was an image of the game in motion a while back in some update that actually shows the subtitles done in colour with Shenhua for Shenmue 3.

sutoji has received a thanks from: ShenGCH
sutoji
Banned
Banned

Re: SubtitlesMue

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:31 pm

If I recall there was an image of the game in motion a while back in some update that actually shows the subtitles done in colour with Shenhua for Shenmue 3.

Yes.

Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:10 am

Nothing wrong with having two options for subtitles: 'Default' and 'Classic', which are white and coloured, respectively. I'd always go with the latter, personally.

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby BlueMue » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:49 am

I also think the option between plain modern and classic colored would be nice. Maybe even with a choice between a cleaned up font and the original pixelated one.

By the looks of the test screenshot it seems that they are already trying to replicate the original look, wich is definately a good thing. Not sure if I really need an extra color for Shenhua, but it would a neat touch, especially with how important she will be in Shenmue III.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ManoTemple » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:59 am

BlueMue wrote: I also think the option between plain modern and classic colored would be nice. Maybe even with a choice between a cleaned up font and the original pixelated one.

By the looks of the test screenshot it seems that they are already trying to replicate the original look, wich is definately a good thing. Not sure if I really need an extra color for Shenhua, but it would a neat touch, especially with how important she will be in Shenmue III.

Love the banner you have there!
ManoTemple
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Return to Shenmue III