Yu Suzuki: "I can make the whole game you imagined"

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Yu Suzuki: "I can make the whole game you imagined"

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:09 am

It seems that the partnership with Deep Silver has infact given Yu-san the funds he requires to make "the full on Shenmue experience" that we have all been craving.

We all assumed this but it now looks like it has been confirmed by Yu himself in an interview with Metro.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/28/shenmue-i ... d-6885083/

Even after we completed the Kickstarter project I have been looking for other partners to join us and as you know we have now partnered with Deep Silver. So I’m now comfortable in saying, ‘Don’t worry, I can make the whole game you imagined!’.

Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Yu Suzuki: "I can make the whole game you imagined"

Postby south carmain » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:13 am

Great news! I wonder if this is one of the reasons for the delay or if he might need another one to be able to include evrything.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby KidMarine » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:59 am

This combined with Yu's statements that the game has tripled in size and Chobu's population has gone from 50-60 NPCs to 200 have left me very confident in the end product.

KidMarine has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Axm » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:28 am

If he's so confident to say that then it's a really good sign he's happy with his vision being executed. Nice.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:10 pm

More money, expanded scope, slightly larger development team, and allowing Yu more time to devote to development.

The Deep Silver deal seems to have unanimously been a good decision.

Spaghetti has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Let's Get Sweaty, Telekill
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Stocke » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Damn, i'm almost afraid he's hyping it up too much!
Can't think of anything more reasurring to hear though.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Valascaziel » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:59 pm

That now being said, how much longer will the SB remain open?

I really hope it's through the end of the year and they do upgradable tiers..
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby WildManofBorneo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:40 pm

I would conjecture that YSNet received an injection of funds from Deep Silver in the range of $10 million USD.
WildManofBorneo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Telekill » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:56 pm

I'm pretty happy with what I saw in the trailer. Being able to expand it to be what Yu Suzuki has always wanted Shenmue 3 to be is an incredible dream come true. Not just for him, but for all of us fans as well. I'm really excited and I'm hoping that this game does well enough that it pushes passed the criticisms of modern day skeptics and trolls and allows YsNet to create a fourth and final game in the series. Having an ending... a conclusion to the narrative has been a long time coming.

Telekill has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:29 pm

I sense if Shenmue III does sell over a million, IV will be funded, but if it sells over 2 million, there may even be a Shenmue V & Shenmue 0 in the works. If Shenmue III sells over 3 million, Shenmue Online and Shenmue VR may even become real possibilities. Infinite potential.

The PlayStation & PC platforms are vast new territory for the Shenmue universe. I think it's smart for Yu Suzuki to commit to the original plan for Shenmue III and decide thereafter the proper course of action.

There is nothing like Shenmue.

One can only hope we fully realize its potential for the Arts & the World.
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Telekill » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:02 am

ShenmueLegacy wrote: I sense if Shenmue III does sell over a million, IV will be funded, but if it sells over 2 million, there may even be a Shenmue V & Shenmue 0 in the works. If Shenmue III sells over 3 million, Shenmue Online and Shenmue VR may even become real possibilities. Infinite potential.

I'm all for Shenmue having up to a 5th game to get the full story out to fans in the fashion that Yu Suzuki wanted but I think the idea of a prequel and the side games mentioned above becoming a reality could easily take away from the series and make it less special than it is.

If the game becomes successful enough for a 4th and 5th game I would hope that they would simply use the Shenmue 3 build that they are creating now to quickly turn those sequels out to fans. Quickly being 2-3 years between releases. So if Shenmue 3 hits the 2018 mark then the 4th would come out in 2020 with the 5th and final out around 2022-2023 or so. Then of course having the HD Remasters of the first two games before Shenmue 3 releases would be ideal. I can only hope that if the Shenmue series continues on into a 4th and possibly 5th title that they are released on Playstation as well and that the next Playstation is PS4 backwards compatible so that the entire Shenmue series can be played on one platform. For Playstation users... the series could end up looking like the following:

Shenmue 1 HD - PS4 in 2018?
Shenmue 2 HD - PS4 in 2018?
Shenmue 3 - PS4 in 2018?
Shenmue 4 - PS4 and/or PS5 in 2020?
Shenmue 5 - PS5 in 2023?

That said, let's keep our excitement in check and focus on what's not speculation... Shenmue 3 is happening and most of us fans are incredibly excited just for that game being a reality.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:39 am

Telekill wrote: I'm pretty happy with what I saw in the trailer. Being able to expand it to be what Yu Suzuki has always wanted Shenmue 3 to be is an incredible dream come true. Not just for him, but for all of us fans as well. I'm really excited and I'm hoping that this game does well enough that it pushes passed the criticisms of modern day skeptics and trolls and allows YsNet to create a fourth and final game in the series. Having an ending... a conclusion to the narrative has been a long time coming.

No. Four games is too less. There needs to be at least five. And besides, it's better to end on a V rather than a IV! Shenmue isn't just about the story, so why are you in such a hurry to see a conclusion? It's the gameplay, the immersion, the atmosphere, the adventure etc. and many other elements of Shenmue that makes it so special. It's the whole experience that is really important, the story is just one part of it. I would much prefer to have the full on experience with nothing taken away from it so that we can see everything that is supposed to happen, rather than a game with lots of content stripped from it (which is what would pretty much happen if it ends on IV) just to get a conclusion. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I would rather have no conclusion at all than a half-baked one!

Shenmue_Legend has received a thanks from: Elevensixty
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:02 am

Shenmue_Legend wrote:I've said this before and I'll say it again, I would rather have no conclusion at all than a half-baked one!

Then wait for the reviews and if it's half-baked, don't play it. :)
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:I've said this before and I'll say it again, I would rather have no conclusion at all than a half-baked one!

Then wait for the reviews and if it's half-baked, don't play it. :)

No chance. Shenmue 3, 4, 5 and whatever other future sequels will always be a day one buy for me. Like if I don't pre order it, I'd rush to the nearest store the second it's released and buy it. I didn't say I wouldn't play it if I knew Shenmue IV would be the last one and thus, would have a lackluster ending (and even if it isn't, I'd always be wondering "what if there was a Shenmue V? How much content was cut out to have it end so soon?"), but it would be disappointing and sort of an "I told you so" moment for me. Thankfully, we have an incredibly awesome and smart guy in Yu Suzuki that will make sure this does not happen so I KNOW I won't be disappointed at all! I will only continue to be amazed.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:07 pm

Moving up the destination, for the sake of an ending, never was Shenmue's destiny.

Why rush to finish in a couple years after waiting nearly 20 years for this opportunity?

Shenmue is a spiritual pilgrimage which is all about the journey.

Patience is a virtue.

Epiphany isn't the ending.

Revelations are in roads.

ShenmueLegacy has received 2 thanks from: Elevensixty, Shenmue_Legend
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Next

Return to Shenmue III