Yu Suzuki talks about Shenmue 3 and memories

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki talks about Shenmue 3 and memories

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:43 am

KidMarine wrote: When the KickStarter was first announced I assumed it would be Japanese VA only. I was very surprised when Corey Marshall said he was taking part. It seemed to me that with a more limited budget they'd want to scrap the non-essential stuff. Every time I'm given a chance between an English dub and the original Japanese I always go for the latter.

Believe me, I'm a huge fan of anything Japanese (except the Yakuza for obvious reasons). They're the people I admire the most. It's one of the (many!) reasons why I'm a Shenmue fan. However, I highly prefer the English version over the Japanese one. Everyone just sounds "right" and like how I think they should. Ryo especially, sounds like a badass!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:24 pm

The "Shenmue you all dreamt" thing is sooooo subjective. There's barely a conclusion to draw from this. :???:
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby KidMarine » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:44 am

Well the exact quote was "I can make the whole game you imagined". I think it's safe to assume Yu knows we all imagined full voice acting. Was one interview done before the other? Maybe this interview was done just before they'd signed on with Deep Silver?
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:06 am

All the recently published interviews were conducted within two or three days of each other at Gamescom.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Previous

Return to Shenmue III