S3 Preorder on Amazon

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

S3 Preorder on Amazon

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Just a minor thing but still heartwarming to see: The German Amazon has now listed S3 on PC and PS4 for preorder. :heart:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07589W18S/ref=twister_B075LF7NX8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Some things which are a bit worrying about the preorder page though are:

1) The price. 70 Euros is a lot. "Regular" price for newly released physical games is usually around 60 Euros in Germany. But I'm pretty confident the price will drop to a normal level before release.

2) The release date Amazon states. I hope this is not the release date YS Net and Koch Media (Deep Silver) are aiming for. December 30, 2018 would be a very bad release date. I think they need to absolutely make sure the game gets out before December 1st 2018. We neeed the Christmas business. I hope the date is just a placeholder.

Oh yeah, and the logo doesn't get any less fugly, no matter how many times I look at it. But whatever, the logo is the least of my concerns. :)

It's just so awesome to see this. Who would have dared to dream about S3 being up for preorder on Amazon three years ago? And not some Bulgarian niche website, it's Amazon this time. You know, sometimes I still can't believe S3 actually exists but this makes it all the more tangible.

Hyo Razuki has received 3 thanks from: RootyKazooty, VukBZ2005, Yokosuka
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: S3 Preorder on Amazon

Postby KidMarine » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:52 pm

I like the logo a lot more in white on black than in gold.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby punkmanced » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:54 pm

You know…for something published by “Koch”, that cover certainly looks like ass.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ShenGCH » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:00 pm

The entire page reeks of placeholder, so I wouldn't worry about the price, stated release date, or cover (the latter of which very clearly states "ART NOT FINAL").
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:20 pm

I think as long as it doesn't go past 2020, they can release it whenever they want to. Rather have a 10/10 Shenmue III than a rushed one!

Shenmue_Legend has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 pm

I would advise people to only pre order from the slacker backer page. I scanned through that Amazon listing and i couldn't find anywhere that it says the money will go towards the development of the game.
Well, deep silver will probably help with costs. I hope.

BlueCreeperBoy12 has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby punkmanced » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:28 pm

^ That's because this listing is for the retail product.

-If you want to help Shenmue 3, then pre-order a copy via the Slacker Backer
-If you want to fund Shenmue 4, then you need to buy the final (retail) product upon the game's release.

As Shenmue fans, we basically need to do both ;)

punkmanced has received 3 thanks from: Elevensixty, Marcelinho, VukBZ2005
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:38 am

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:Well, deep silver will probably help with costs. I hope.

It's already been confirmed that they are.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SledgeNE » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:39 am

Deep Silver and Koch Media have great releases in special boxes in germany. For example Gothic II and Gothic 3 came in an very exclusive tiny Box, with stamped Logo's and Titles and with a foltable Cover which is so awesome to have it. X2 was the last of this Boxes. And i'm happy to have them.
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby gillian_seed » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Everything is a placeholder there. Hope art cover as well, because it looks like shit.

I am pretty sure that Shenmue 3 will have under-average price to encourage sales.
gillian_seed
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami

Postby ShenGCH » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:32 pm

gillian_seed wrote: Everything is a placeholder there. Hope art cover as well, because it looks like shit.

I am pretty sure that Shenmue 3 will have under-average price to encourage sales.

It literally says "ART NOT FINAL" on the cover. It's a placeholder that was probably knocked up in double-digit seconds.

Regarding price, I agree that it most likely won't be priced at full RRP. If Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is anything to go by, I can see it being price at around £29.99/$34.99, if not a little more.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:38 am

ShenGCH wrote:
gillian_seed wrote: Everything is a placeholder there. Hope art cover as well, because it looks like shit.

It literally says "ART NOT FINAL" on the cover. It's a placeholder that was probably knocked up in double-digit seconds.

Regarding price, I agree that it most likely won't be priced at full RRP. If Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is anything to go by, I can see it being price at around £29.99/$34.99, if not a little more.

Shenmue isn't just any average game though. It's the most anticipated game ever and is far beyond any other indie title. I expect it to get the full price treatment.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby RootyKazooty » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:26 am

Shenmue_Legend wrote: I think as long as it doesn't go past 2020, they can release it whenever they want to. Rather have a 10/10 Shenmue III than a rushed one!

On the one hand, I'd like them to take as long as they need to deliver Yu's vision without compromise.

But I want it to be a commercial success too. I'm sure that by 2020 the PS5 hype will be strong. There are so many great late release titles that were overlooked because of the next system taking over. It would be shameful if this happened to S3.
RootyKazooty
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby KidMarine » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:17 am

I don't know why it would be a budget title. It seems to have a fairly sizeable amount of money behind it (not $70 mil+ plus like GTA, but I'd estimate a good $10 million or so), it's well out of tiny indie game territory. If games like NieR: Automata and Nioh retail at full RRP, I imagine Shenmue III will too.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:28 am

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:

Shenmue isn't just any average game though. It's the most anticipated game ever and is far beyond any other indie title. I expect it to get the full price treatment.

More anticipated than Modern Warfare 2? More anticipated than The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim? More anticipated than Grand Theft Auto V? More anticipated than Bloodborne? More anticipated than The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt? More anticipated than Fallout 4? More anticipated than The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? More anticipated than dozens of AAA and a smattering of indie releases in the last ten years? Complete hyperbole, dude. It might be your most anticipated game, but to call it "the most anticipated game ever" is factually incorrect.

The scope of the game does not matter in the very least; with such little support compared to AAA companies, they have to take whatever they can get, and charging full RRP for something 99% of gamers either have not heard of, or are on the fence about, simply isn't a good move. Just look at the Kickstarter page: ~£22/$29 for a digital copy or ~£45/$60 for an exclusive physical copy. That says it all.

ShenGCH has received 2 thanks from: gillian_seed, SickOctopus
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue III