S3 Preorder on Amazon

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: S3 Preorder on Amazon

Postby Jibby » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:40 pm

It's not even like a low price point is a bad thing.
Lower price = more newcomers who are willing to take the chance with Shenmue III.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:54 pm

ShenGCH wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:
gillian_seed wrote: Everything is a placeholder there. Hope art cover as well, because it looks like shit.

I am pretty sure that Shenmue 3 will have under-average price to encourage sales.

It literally says "ART NOT FINAL" on the cover. It's a placeholder that was probably knocked up in double-digit seconds.

Regarding price, I agree that it most likely won't be priced at full RRP. If Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is anything to go by, I can see it being price at around £29.99/$34.99, if not a little more.

Shenmue isn't just any average game though. It's the most anticipated game ever and is far beyond any other indie title. I expect it to get the full price treatment.

More anticipated than Modern Warfare 2? More anticipated than The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim? More anticipated than Grand Theft Auto V? More anticipated than Bloodborne? More anticipated than The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt? More anticipated than Fallout 4? More anticipated than The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? More anticipated than dozens of AAA and a smattering of indie releases in the last ten years? Complete hyperbole, dude. It might be your most anticipated game, but to call it "the most anticipated game ever" is factually incorrect.

The scope of the game does not matter in the very least; with such little support compared to AAA companies, they have to take whatever they can get, and charging full RRP for something 99% of gamers either have not heard of, or are on the fence about, simply isn't a good move. Just look at the Kickstarter page: ~£22/$29 for a digital copy or ~£45/$60 for an exclusive physical copy. That says it all.

Factually incorrect? Complete hyperbole? No, not at all. All those games you mentioned are nowhere close to the hype level of Shenmue III. The only one that could come close is Half-Life 3, which does not exist. I mean come on, a continuation to a game that was made back in 2001 and ended on a big cliffhanger is finally coming. On modern platforms 15 years later. The previous two games are also revolutionary masterpieces, it's not like they sucked or something. I can't think of a single game that is/was more anticipated. Also, "99% of gamers either have not heard of, or are on the fence about". Now that right there is complete hyperbole.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:34 am

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:
gillian_seed wrote: Everything is a placeholder there. Hope art cover as well, because it looks like shit.

I am pretty sure that Shenmue 3 will have under-average price to encourage sales.

It literally says "ART NOT FINAL" on the cover. It's a placeholder that was probably knocked up in double-digit seconds.

Regarding price, I agree that it most likely won't be priced at full RRP. If Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is anything to go by, I can see it being price at around £29.99/$34.99, if not a little more.

Shenmue isn't just any average game though. It's the most anticipated game ever and is far beyond any other indie title. I expect it to get the full price treatment.

More anticipated than Modern Warfare 2? More anticipated than The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim? More anticipated than Grand Theft Auto V? More anticipated than Bloodborne? More anticipated than The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt? More anticipated than Fallout 4? More anticipated than The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? More anticipated than dozens of AAA and a smattering of indie releases in the last ten years? Complete hyperbole, dude. It might be your most anticipated game, but to call it "the most anticipated game ever" is factually incorrect.

The scope of the game does not matter in the very least; with such little support compared to AAA companies, they have to take whatever they can get, and charging full RRP for something 99% of gamers either have not heard of, or are on the fence about, simply isn't a good move. Just look at the Kickstarter page: ~£22/$29 for a digital copy or ~£45/$60 for an exclusive physical copy. That says it all.

Factually incorrect? Complete hyperbole? No, not at all. All those games you mentioned are nowhere close to the hype level of Shenmue III. The only one that could come close is Half-Life 3, which does not exist. I mean come on, a continuation to a game that was made back in 2001 and ended on a big cliffhanger is finally coming. On modern platforms 15 years later. The previous two games are also revolutionary masterpieces, it's not like they sucked or something. I can't think of a single game that is/was more anticipated. Also, "99% of gamers either have not heard of, or are on the fence about". Now that right there is complete hyperbole.

Your posts/writing style reminds me of a troll who once roamed these boards by the name of SMDzero.

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:35 am

ShenGCH wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:

Your posts/writing style reminds me of a troll who once roamed these boards by the name of SMDzero.

I am in no way a troll. I'm just stating my point of view :D
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:50 am

Shenmue_Legend wrote: I am in no way a troll. I'm just stating my point of view :D

I believe you. No trolls state their point of view on Dojo. :roll:
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:58 am

The US PS4 version will go on preorder at Play Asia soon:

https://www.play-asia.com/shenmue-iii/13/70bss3

:D
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:01 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: The US PS4 version will go on preorder at Play Asia soon:

https://www.play-asia.com/shenmue-iii/13/70bss3

:D

It's so weird seeing "deep silver" instead of SEGA listed as the publisher.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby punkmanced » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:26 am

^ Yeah
It's a strange decision for Sega to ultimately not fund/publish/etc the game in any way. Regardless as to what the ultimate product may be, I doubt Shenmue 3 would completely "flop".

punkmanced has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue III