Why isn't Sega funding Shenmue III?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Why isn't Sega funding Shenmue III?

Postby Jerid'sRamenShop » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:25 am

It is a shame SEGA will not back it, but I can understand why. But was it the game's fault or Dreamcast's (Sega)? I bought the Dreamcast BECAUSE of Shenmue. But the majority of the games I bought afterward were lack luster. I was still enjoying my PS1 for the most part. And how many Dreamcasts were actually sold to begin with? You can not sell a game to the public if the public simply does not have the console. Plus it was Sega's lack of foresight that caused the PS2 to do so well. The DVD was a milestone for the console. (Blu-Ray not so much.) The DC simply could not compete. And the controller is god awful especially when the PS1 already had a decent controller. Not to mention people and stores were hesitant to buy/sell any Sega console due to previous mishaps.

Actually I am finding it strange that this is even being made on PS4, instead of say the XBOX as S2 was or even the Switch. Hopefully this will be a Steam game and fully modable. The amount of content that could and would be created would be astounding to say the least. If not a single Shenmue was made after this, the player fan base would make it themselves if the tools were available.
Jerid'sRamenShop
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Previous

Return to Shenmue III