Update #76: Say Hello to the Deep Silver Promotion Team

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Update #76: Say Hello to the Deep Silver Promotion Team

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:14 pm

Valascaziel wrote:The forum mainstays(Spags, Peter, etc.) have gone dark, discussion is at a minimum, where once it was bustling..I can only extrapolate that, though external reasons are always a factor, this worry isn't plaguing just me these days.

While it's not my place to speak on their behalf, the impression I get from a world beyond the Dojo walls is that both of those named remain optimistic about the completed game.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby KidMarine » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:27 pm

Valascaziel wrote:The forum mainstays(Spags, Peter, etc.) have gone dark, discussion is at a minimum, where once it was bustling..I can only extrapolate that, though external reasons are always a factor, this worry isn't plaguing just me these days.

Perhaps they're sick of some of the bigger cunts on this forum? I'm pretty much there myself.

By the way, most games you don't even see until they're less than a year from a release, anything you see before then is normally bullshots and stuff they've specifically made to show off, not indicative of the final game.

They get shit when they show clearly nowhere near finished stuff, and get shit when they decide to not show it off. I expect this from dumbfucks out there in general, but to see this shit on a fan forum is sad.

I'm sure one of the usual suspects will be along soon to concern troll about this though. Or maybe they're actually that retarded? Who knows?
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Valascaziel » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:52 pm

KidMarine wrote:

Perhaps they're sick of some of the bigger cunts on this forum? I'm pretty much there myself.

By the way, most games you don't even see until they're less than a year from a release, anything you see before then is normally bullshots and stuff they've specifically made to show off, not indicative of the final game. They get shit when they show clearly nowhere near finished stuff, and get shit when they decide to not show it off. I expect this from dumbfucks out there in general, but to see this shit on a fan forum is sad. Feel free to concern troll about this, though.

Brother, I'm not a troll.

I simply voiced my concerns on a fan forum as I want to do. I enjoy the series as much as the next person; hell, I donated plasma to budget out my donation of $500 to the KS..

I do wish the project could offer a little more detail, especially when I've donated a fair amount of money with a budget to give more if they introduce the upgradable pledges.

Edit: I see what you mean upon re-reading your edited post. I apologize for taking it a bit personal. Sorry about that.
Last edited by Valascaziel on Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:54 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:

While it's not my place to speak on their behalf, the impression I get from a world beyond the Dojo walls is that both of those named remain optimistic about the completed game.

I'm pretty sure peter would stab someone for saying shenmue 3 will suck.

south carmain has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby KidMarine » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:53 pm

Valascaziel wrote:
KidMarine wrote:

By the way, most games you don't even see until they're less than a year from a release, anything you see before then is normally bullshots and stuff they've specifically made to show off, not indicative of the final game. They get shit when they show clearly nowhere near finished stuff, and get shit when they decide to not show it off. I expect this from dumbfucks out there in general, but to see this shit on a fan forum is sad. Feel free to concern troll about this, though.

Brother, I'm not a troll.

I simply voiced my concerns on a fan forum as I want to do. I enjoy the series as much as the next person; hell, I donated plasma to budget out my donation of $500 to the KS..

I do wish the project could offer a little more detail, especially when I've donated a fair amount of money with a budget to give more if they introduce the upgradable pledges.

Edit: I see what you mean upon re-reading your edited post. I apologize for taking it a bit personal. Sorry about that.

Ha, I flew off the handle a bit myself, sorry about that. We're all so passionate, it's no surprise we all explode from time to time.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby punkmanced » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:01 pm

I find the Dojo a lot more enjoyable nowadays, to be honest. Sure there are less discussions (reflecting the overall lack of updates), but at least the vibe is easygoing and pleasant again.
The toxicity is gone.

Re: the update…well, it’s nothing“new” per se, but proof of life is always good.
I do hope they’ll release something a bit more fun at the end of the year, as a nod to the original release date.

punkmanced has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby adom11800 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:48 pm

An update like this was to be expected.
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:47 am

^ Yes. Those kind of non-updates are exactly what I'm expecting now, every time I see an update on shenmue.link. They really need to start showing more substantial updates.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Elevensixty » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:51 pm

Going to be so awesome when we get Shenmue 3! It'll be very good in terms of size and quality for the budget, and set us on the way to Shenmue 4- in the meantime sure hoping for some sign of life from SEGA on 1&2 re-release, remastered or anything.
Elevensixty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: elevensixty
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Polybius

Previous

Return to Shenmue III