Update #76: Say Hello to the Deep Silver Promotion Team

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Update #76: Say Hello to the Deep Silver Promotion Team

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:08 am

sand4fish wrote: Wohoo! Only now if we could find someone to get Bill Gates to chip in, then we are all set for life. Hmm...

rofl my sides hurt
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby south carmain » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:32 am

KidMarine wrote:
Nahovil wrote: It's the darnedest thing, appealing to what is essentially, nowadays, a multimillionaire philanthropist to fund some videogame. Are you people for real?

People? You think one idiot is representative of the whole community?

he's far from the exception though.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby KidMarine » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:51 am

south carmain wrote:
KidMarine wrote:
Nahovil wrote: It's the darnedest thing, appealing to what is essentially, nowadays, a multimillionaire philanthropist to fund some videogame. Are you people for real?

No. He's the exception.
Last edited by KidMarine on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby south carmain » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:52 am

KidMarine wrote:
south carmain wrote:
KidMarine wrote:

No. He's the exception.

oh my sweet summer child :lol: he's not even the first person to have that idea.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby sand4fish » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:25 pm

Wait a minute... I understand sarcasm and humor can be hard to display online, so just to be clear I'm yet to have developed dementia enough for me to have time (and no shame) to go around pestering philanthropists. Context wise my post was solely for to this kid Shenmue_Legend in reference to his gold mine topic. And yes, the tweets are for real and going strong. And Gates is the least of it. Ricky Gervais, Gordon Ramsay and Richard Branson are a few of his other selects. Can't deny they make my day better though.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:40 pm

sand4fish wrote: Wait a minute... I understand sarcasm and humor can be hard to display online, so just to be clear I'm yet to have developed dementia enough for me to have time (and no shame) to go around pestering philanthropists. Context wise my post was solely for to this kid Shenmue_Legend in reference to his gold mine topic. And yes, the tweets are for real and going strong. And Gates is the least of it. Ricky Gervais, Gordon Ramsay and Richard Branson are a few of his other selects. Can't deny they make my day better though.

are you responding to me? because I'm fully aware that you're being sarcastic. my "he" is referring to shenmue_legend.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:45 pm

Lol.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:47 pm

south carmain wrote: are you responding to me? because I'm fully aware that you're being sarcastic. my "he" is referring to shenmue_legend.

No, just for the infrequent member and other lurker out there. I know you are aware of the guy.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Technophilz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:22 pm

First of all, I would like to thank whoever unbanned me and gave me another chance to be here among the members of this great community, and I'd also like to thank everyone who believes that we're all entitled to express our personal opinions freely and reasonably here.

I have nothing to say about this latest update for one simple reason, it is not even an update. Telling us what we already know cannot be even called an update. We all knew that the promised monthly updates won't be delivered every month, since a few updates had been skipped already, and we all knew Deep Silver are now on board and that some upcoming promotion is being planned for. We knew all of that months before this latest update.

I have to say I'm glad that people are starting to look at progress of the Shenmue III project more reasonably and realistically, and that more people can now see what is really going on with a project that -after years and years of waiting- we were told: a) it was doable with the third of its' current Kickstarter budget, b) it was supposed to be released this month, only to find out that it's not so. Even though the project collected 300% of its' originally planned budget and given 50% more time, people are feeling more skeptical about it than ever before, and for very good and obvious reasons.

One last thing for those who love to dream, there will come a moment when you'll wake up to reality, so act now before it's too late and let those who're working on this project know that we're absorbing every image, every video clip, every magazine interview, every rumor and everything in between because we've been crazily in love with this series for years and years, so they better live up to our sky-high expectations or they'll lose them forever.
Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:58 pm

sand4fish wrote: Wait a minute... I understand sarcasm and humor can be hard to display online, so just to be clear I'm yet to have developed dementia enough for me to have time (and no shame) to go around pestering philanthropists. Context wise my post was solely for to this kid Shenmue_Legend in reference to his gold mine topic. And yes, the tweets are for real and going strong. And Gates is the least of it. Ricky Gervais, Gordon Ramsay and Richard Branson are a few of his other selects. Can't deny they make my day better though.

What in the world? Just had a quick look, that guy is just bringing shame to the Shenmue series.

Asking Pewdiepie to do a playthrough is hilarious. Can you imagine? :rotflmao:

EDIT: Ok, I see you're on here. Not meaning to be rude man and I assume you are just young, but please show some class, it's not cool to harass multi millionaires on their twitter account about a game they have zero interest in or knowledge about. They are never going to donate. There are far more worthwhile causes out there that they care about.
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:03 pm

ShenmueForeseen wrote:

What in the world? Just had a quick look, that guy is just bringing shame to the Shenmue series.

EDIT: Ok, I see you're on here. Not meaning to be rude man and I assume you are just young, but please show some class, it's not cool to harass multi millionaires on their twitter account about a game they have zero interest in or knowledge about.

I agree. PewDiePie would actually do more harm than good. I mean, he'd turn it into a compete joke! I also want to say that the Ryo in your avatar image is the best one ever!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:17 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
ShenmueForeseen wrote:

EDIT: Ok, I see you're on here. Not meaning to be rude man and I assume you are just young, but please show some class, it's not cool to harass multi millionaires on their twitter account about a game they have zero interest in or knowledge about.

I agree. PewDiePie would actually do more harm than good. I mean, he'd turn it into a compete joke! I also want to say that the Ryo in your avatar image is the best one ever!

Wait, so you aren't the one tweeting? Because whoever tweeted, asked Pewdiepie to play it!

EDIT: nevermind, you are just a troll. Funny one though. Hard to say these days as some people really can be quite...
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby sutoji » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:31 pm

I just want to say that whatever is going on with Shenmue 3 is always one of the greatest things for us fans. We should not be upset with any update they ever give because it is simply information about the state of the game. All we need to do is show positivity and the game automatically becomes good because that's how it works. Imagine one of the staff coming here to this forum and seeing negativity? they would end up applying that to the development because that's ultimately what they'd percieve from our posts here.

Regarding this actual update the promotion is outstanding despite some people saying that mostly consist of European people that's not a problem at all as they will get the word out for this game (I'm guessing mainly Internet promotion in this day and age) so let's praise them. As for the actual announcement of no future announcements resulting in some radio silence for some time I think it's good because it is best they work on the game instead of creating so many hurt reactions from fans because they hate something from the game. I would really like to see Ryo Hazuki's model and Shenhua's perfected to be honest.
sutoji
Banned
Banned

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Those updates are getting confusing, tbh. What's new about this? Updates have been less frequent than once per month for a long time by now and a publisher promoting one of their games is the most normal thing in the world.

I hope YS Net will give Deep Silver some proper material, perhaps even a proper teaser to work with.

What's starting to baffle me is that we're two and a half years into development and they have only done one substantial update so far. And that was the Gamescom teaser, which Deep Silver pressured them for. Still, not even that showed any actual gameplay.

I mean I like the fact that they actually give us a "sign of life" every two to three months and I think there should be an update every two to three months, but I think they should give a little more substance to those updates by now.

If they want to bring out this game by November or December of 2018 I certainly hope they have a lot more ready to show than that Gamescom teaser by now. They need to step up marketing and promotion and they need to publish a playable demo by spring/summer 2018.

Also I think the PS4 is not getting any younger as a platform and they need to bring this game out in 2018. I don't think another delay would solve anything. In theory, delaying a game over and over again can only make the final outcome better. Deep Silver are already funding a massive delay for S3 and presumably the remaining stretch goals along with it. Will they be willing to fund another delay? We don't know. Time is money.

It's time to wrap up this project. And I'm confident three and a half years are well enough for Yu to create a great game in Unreal 4 engine.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Valascaziel » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:24 pm

I must admit, I concur with Ryo.

The current state of this project is beginning to be a cause of concern for me. We already knew who Deep Silver was and what their purpose is.

We are now a year or less away from the release of this game, but we have seen absolutely nothing except for a trailer that was obviously very early(at least, it was said to be) at Gamescom.

We know nothing about the gameplay in action, what a theoretical graphical goal is, what stretch goals are now included with Deep Silver's funding(aside from commentary in interviews, nothing concrete), we just sit in the dark.

Bloodstained has been one of the most transparent Kickstarter projects out there, despite having a similar development timeline as Shenmue III. They have consistently communicated with fans, presented their work, addressed concerns, etc. It may make it's March window, it may not but you don't see the silence and fluff you see coming from YsNet.

Christ, they had the balls to allow people to play a demo when the game was at 10 or 15% completion. That shows true dedication from the BEGINNING.

We also, as of this point, do not know if they've even secured a publisher for the Japanese copies of the game upon release. This is with a YEAR or less to go.

The forum mainstays(Spags, Peter, etc.) have gone dark, discussion is at a minimum, where once it was bustling..I can only extrapolate that, though external reasons are always a factor, this worry isn't plaguing just me these days.

Valascaziel has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III