Documentary?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Documentary?

Postby sutoji » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Would it be great for there to be a documentary or short video showing the creation of Shenmue 3? That way people can actually see the effort made for the game. I know we get development reports of the game in updates and mabye somebody can put all of those together up on YouTube when the game is released?

There are documentaries and various images of game development for Shenmue 1 and 2 so when watching them they really show people what hard work people were doing to create the game so regardless of people's perception of Shenmue they may be impressed.

I want something similar for Shenmue 3. We know it's a kickstarter and that there is a small team but look at how previous developers have comeback to create the game, this can also help promote Ys Net for any future projects (Shenmue 4 and 5)
sutoji
Banned
Banned

Re: Documentary?

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:52 pm

I think Adam Sipione's Shenmue Documentary "A Gamer's Journey" will at least partially cover the making of S3. I think they even went to Japan to film some of the development of the game.

phpBB [video]

Adam, if you're reading this thread, maybe you can answer the question. Are you gonna cover the making of S3?
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:33 pm

Wasnt it supposed to be released in 2015 but was delayed to cover shenmue 3 after it was announced? If i'm remembering correctly then I would assume theyre covering development considering how long it has been.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Rakim » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:43 pm

If done properly and not as a fluffy veiled advertisement for the game, a documentary about the whole behind the scenes process of making Shenmue 3 a reality, from the dreamcast(saturn?) days to the actual ps4 release, would probably be more interesting than the game itself.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby drunkensailor » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:47 pm

something like this please: https://youtu.be/YbrSmqnegIk

how do I encode youtube?
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985