Are you getting the PC version or the PS4 version and why?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Are you getting the PC or PS4 version? (Total votes: 39)

PS4
31%
PC
23%
Both
44%
Waiting to see how the demo runs on my pc.
3%

Re: Are you getting the PC version or the PS4 version and wh

Postby Yama » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:05 pm

I'll financially support both of course, though my first play through will likely be PC as I've recently built one and would like the best possible performance experience on my first play through. There will be something said for playing on a home console though, magical for the lack of a better word.

Yama has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby punkmanced » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:42 pm

I pledged for a tier which'll include the PS4 copy. Shenmue goes in hand in hand with some of my best console experiences, something I hopefully plan to replicate on PS4.

Upon release of the game, I'll purchase at least one more copy (PC? PS4? Both?) to make my small contribution to the game's actual sales.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Telekill » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:27 am

I've preferred gaming on consoles my entire life so I'm getting the PS4 version of the game. I will say that my PC is crap for gaming and won't be able to run Shenmue 3 anyway. I use my PC for editing video and other projects. Games stay on my consoles.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Mr.Jigen » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Shenmue feels more like a console game to me.

Mr.Jigen has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
Mr.Jigen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: Onettown
Nintendo FC: Joeython
Steam: ThatOneGuyWhoPlaysGa
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby SledgeNE » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:16 pm

We have a normal PS4 here, no PS4 Pro. To expensive. On PC the Games are running faster. For example Fallout 4. It looks like to play with 30 fps, on PC i have around 60 fps. That's a second good reason to play Shenmue 3 twice times. ;-)
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby abaww » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:29 pm

I'll play Shenmue III on my PC at the best possible settings (ultra-wide, max fps, etc.). Unreal Engine usually looks and runs great on PC, so I'm confident about the PC version of Shenmue III. 8)
abaww
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: abaww

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:18 am

Both, but my first playthrough will probably be on PS4 as I think of Shenmue as a console game franchise.

Currently my only PC is a seven year old laptop, so I've been thinking about getting rid of it for at least a year. Will probably get a tower PC by the time the demo comes out. Although, I hope for my wallet that I won't have to build a badass gaming PC to run S3. But since it's a PS4 game and PS4 came out in 2013, I guess any halway-decent PC from 2018 should be enough to run it smoothly.

In any case, I'd still get all versions of S3 for the sake of completion. This includes all regional versions too.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby alexh86 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:05 pm

Definitely PS4 for me as I've always been a console game player and only have a 2012 MacBook Air. I'll probably try to invade a friend's house for a few hours when the PC demo comes out but I'll be playing the full game on PS4. Shenmue is a console game, the thought of playing it on PC is just weird (in my opinion). If the retail version looks different from the backer version, I may even pick up another copy for my collection. If the game hits stores before the backer rewards are delivered (would be a shame for the true fans but you never know), I'd definitely buy another copy to play on day one.
alexh86

PSN: ahark86

Postby Mystere » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Both, though I'm split on which to actually play. As a console gamer, PS4 seems the logical choice but I don't own a PS4 and haven't owned a Sony console since PS1. Stupid as it sounds, something about the control system (symbols as opposed to A B X Y) never completely clicked with me, and I jumped into Xbox after the Dreamcast (not least because Shenmue II was ported there) and 360 was the logical follow-up to that. If it weren't for Shenmue III, I'd have bought an Xbox One by now.

My laptop is well overdue for a replacement, so most likely I'll upgrade before Shenmue III's release, to something that'll decently run the game and then hook it up to the TV.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Centrale » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:21 pm

Mystere wrote:Stupid as it sounds, something about the control system (symbols as opposed to A B X Y) never completely clicked with me

Yeah, I don't really know why, but I'm exactly the same way. I had to come up with a mnemonic that basically like 'the square evolves into a circle' and 'the x evolves into a triangle' which really doesn't make any sense to anyone else but just goes to show the lengths I had to go to to remember where the buttons are without looking!
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Niowiad » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:12 pm

Mr.Jigen wrote: Shenmue feels more like a console game to me.

Totally agree, but I never got a PS4 and not really planning on getting one :???:

I went for the PC physical version on Kickstarter, although I'm pretty sure I'll also get a digital copy right when it'll be available \:D/
Niowiad

Postby life_247 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:21 am

PS4 because my PC is a bit of a rust bucket (although I do have a nice work laptop that would run it).

Also I like the ease of dropping in and out of games in the living room without sitting in the other room on the PC. I'm an adult now so have to do boring adult stuff half the time and don't get enough gaming time in these days.
life_247

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:10 am

Getting both, PC Collectors edition, PS4 regular physical edition.

When you go all in in the $1000+ face in the game tier, why not get the PS4 version too?
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:20 am

Already have both platforms pre-ordered. I hope for the PS4 version it supports remote play so I can play it on my Vita around the house. :P
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby shmoozip » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:59 am

First i was like ps4. But im confident the pc version will be better due to the options. I went for digital regardless what i funded on paypal. I happen to hate physical games. Physical games are for kids and take up space imo
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III