Are you getting the PC version or the PS4 version and why?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Are you getting the PC or PS4 version? (Total votes: 39)

PS4
31%
PC
23%
Both
44%
Waiting to see how the demo runs on my pc.
3%

Are you getting the PC version or the PS4 version and why?

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:52 am

I have decided to finally build a decent gaming pc in time for the game coming out. It is being built on pc so it should run the best on there (I hope).

I hope the demo comes out BEFORE the backer survey so I can see the required specs for that though.
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Re: Are you getting the PC version or the PS4 version and wh

Postby SledgeNE » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:34 am

I pre-ordered both Versions. Playing on PC is partly better than on Console. I have a new PC since the end of last year and i'm good things that when Shenmue III is released it will runs good. And it is the first Shenmue on PC. 8)

SledgeNE has received a thanks from: BlueCreeperBoy12
SledgeNE

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:19 am

I pre-ordered both. I don't have a PC or a PS4. Sometimes you have to sacrifice for the greater good. 8)
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby SheepheadCG » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:17 pm

Got Both PC and PS4 versions. I'll play the PC first as is my main platform, and will run at the highest possible settings. I'll crack open the PS4 version, if the PC port has issues, or once I have finished the PC game, just for the trophies lol. Gotta get that Platinum!

I'll probably end up getting another PS4 copy from the store, to keep sealed for the collection too :D!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Centrale » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:17 pm

I'm interested in the PC version because of the potential activity of the modding community... I'm particularly hoping that someone will mod in some VR support!
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:19 pm

You're all saying that you GOT the PS4 or PC version. I don't remember choosing the version I wanted yet.
BlueCreeperBoy12

Postby delvec19 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:47 pm

I'll get the demo for PC if that's the only option. But definitely getting PS4 version of the real game. Shenmue is definitely a console game and is meant to be seen on a big screen.

On a side note, never had a PS4 until a few days ago, had to take advantage of GameStops' deal for $199 + a $50 gift card.
delvec19

Postby south carmain » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:50 pm

PS4 since that's what I backed and my PC won't run it. I'll probably buy it on steam for when I do have a decent PC though.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:56 pm

south carmain wrote: PS4 since that's what I backed and my PC won't run it. I'll probably buy it on steam for when I do have a decent PC though.

When did you back the PS4 version? Isn't there a survey going out later on to choose which version you want?

I don't remember choosing either PS4 or PC. I backed on the slacker backer thing.
BlueCreeperBoy12

Postby south carmain » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:59 pm

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
south carmain wrote: PS4 since that's what I backed and my PC won't run it. I'll probably buy it on steam for when I do have a decent PC though.

When did you back the PS4 version? Isn't there a survey going out later on to choose which version you want?

oh yeah, probably. It's been so long since I backed it the details are pretty hazy. well PS4 since that's all I have that can run it.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:11 pm

south carmain wrote:
BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:

oh yeah, probably. It's been so long since I backed it the details are pretty hazy. well PS4 since that's all I have that can run it.

Ah ok. I've been meaning to get a gaming pc for a long time and with Shenmue 3's release coming closer and closer I think it's finally time. There is a PS4 in my house but I barely ever get to use it because of my little brother and his friends.
BlueCreeperBoy12

Postby O Rei do Frango Assado » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:12 pm

PS4.
Always been a console guy and I use my PC only for work and web browsing (and that's A LOT of hours there already).
I'm sure there's no way in Hell it'd ever run Shenmue 3, even if I wanted, anyway.
O Rei do Frango Assado

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:37 pm

Both. I pledged for a physical PS4 copy, but I have since built a monster of a rig, so I will be playing it on the latter and keeping the former, sealed, as a memento.

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:It is being built on pc so it should run the best on there (I hope).

That isn't how it works. It may be being built on PC, as has practically every other video game for the past thirty-odd years, but it's still being optimised for PS4, running on a PS4 devkit, with PC taking second place. Thankfully, Unreal Engine 4 is a very adaptable, robust engine, so that should alleviate many headaches the team would otherwise experience working with a bespoke engine across two platforms.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ianpm31 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:11 pm

Both. I'm going to support Shenmue 3 the best way I can. I'm already getting a kickstarter copy but I'm going to buy a retail and digital ps4 copy and steam copy. Need this game to be a success
ianpm31
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Sappharad » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:53 pm

delvec19 wrote: I'll get the demo for PC if that's the only option.

It is. This was confirmed during the kickstarter and they haven't said otherwise since. It costs them money to do a demo on console, whereas PC they can do it for free.

Like most of you, I voted Both. But the copy I get via Kickstarter will be the PS4 version, because it feels right to play the game on a console so I'll play it there first. For PC, I'm still hoping they offer add-on pledges for the kickstarter; if not, I'll buy it separately at launch to help their sales numbers.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Shenmue III