Are you getting the PC version or the PS4 version and why?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Are you getting the PC or PS4 version? (Total votes: 39)

PS4
31%
PC
23%
Both
44%
Waiting to see how the demo runs on my pc.
3%

Re: Are you getting the PC version or the PS4 version and wh

Postby RunningBear » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:30 am

Shenmue 3 is a low budget game. It's not going to max out the power of the ps4 or anything like that. I think the graphics are going to be very similar on both platforms. Im getting both versions because there's no guarantee that a physical copy will be available when it's released. People say that shenmue 3 belongs on a game console but the ps4 is technically a low budget gaming computer. You can hook up a pc to a television and use a regular gaming controller. Im getting the physical copy for ps4 and the digital for PC. Once it comes out for the PC it will be available forever and I like the idea of that.
RunningBear
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:21 pm

RunningBear wrote: Shenmue 3 is a low budget game. It's not going to max out the power of the ps4 or anything like that. I think the graphics are going to be very similar on both platforms. Im getting both versions because there's no guarantee that a physical copy will be available when it's released. People say that shenmue 3 belongs on a game console but the ps4 is technically a low budget gaming computer. You can hook up a pc to a television and use a regular gaming controller. Im getting the physical copy for ps4 and the digital for PC. Once it comes out for the PC it will be available forever and I like the idea of that.

Shenmue III isn't low budget. Not even close. At this point, it's definitely mid budget.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby RunningBear » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
RunningBear wrote: Shenmue III isn't low budget. Not even close. At this point, it's definitely mid budget.

Do you have any idea of how much a open world game costs these day's? Look up the cost of other open world games like GTA5 or Red Dead Redemption. Go to Google and look up the average cost to develop a video game in 2017. I love shenmue and I'm not trying to make it look bad. ... Do you personally know how much sony or Deep Silver is helping with the project lol?
RunningBear
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:20 pm

RunningBear wrote: Im getting both versions because there's no guarantee that a physical copy will be available when it's released.

The global publishing deal will cover the release exclusively on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and PC: both physical and digital versions.

http://www.deepsilver.com/en/ys-net-inc-y-deep-silver-sellan-el-acuerdo-de-publicacion-global-de-shemue-iii/

Of course there can never be guarantees in life but Deep Silver announced a physical version, so I think we don't need to worry about that. At least as of now, I don't see any reason for them to back down from their contract with YS Net.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Previous

Return to Shenmue III