a question about the Paypal Slacker Backer Campaign

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

a question about the Paypal Slacker Backer Campaign

Postby Princewilliam » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 pm

So I just donated $100 for the (Physical copy + Trial + Name in the credits) on the Shenmue.link website today, and I went to double check online afterwards, just to see if they were really going to go forward with giving everybody the rewards they payed for, since I've seen quite a bit of instances where Kickstarter projects never fall through as promised. Which I then saw a lot of news articles and videos talking how the people who are donating for the Paypal Slacker Backer Campaign aren't actually going to get the Rewards they payed for. Did I wait too long to donate and now I can't get my reward as promised? or is something else going on that I'm not aware of?
Princewilliam
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: a question about the Paypal Slacker Backer Campaign

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:05 am

Those articles are old and fake. Don't worry about it.
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Re: a question about the Paypal Slacker Backer Campaign

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:15 am

It was a case of bloggers and "journalists" rushing to be first with the exposé instead of taking the time to read properly. The team announced that, following a closely split poll result, the handful of Kickstarter rewards that had been labelled "exclusive" to that platform would remain so, and would not be added to those that had already been carried over onto the Slacker Backer. Cue a set of misleading, alarmist headlines about none of the rewards on the Slacker Backer being honored, which was simply not the case at all. Literally nothing had changed from before the announcement, and everyone would continue to receive all the rewards that they'd paid for.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Return to Shenmue III