Yu Suzuki will be at Magic Monaco 2018

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki will be at Magic Monaco 2018

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:01 am

You are asuming things based on what you have seen, but we really don't know the real progress of the development, they only show what they want and we know Suzuki tends to be secretive on development progress.

Knowing that Suzuki will be at Magic leads me to think this is the last magic monaco for Shenmue 3.

Hazuki00 has received 2 thanks from: Reprise, VukBZ2005
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby gillian_seed » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:49 am

MAGIC is the natural choice for showing Shenmue III, since it's an event organized by Cedric Biscay. Considering the game has only been there in 2015, it probably means it's near to completion, or at least in an advanced stage of development. My bet is that S3 will be shown in a similiar trailer that the one released in the Gamescon, but now featuring improved models and animation.
We'll probably know about the schedule of the game, the survey for chosing format, name on the credits, etc. We also need information about the trial version for + $100 backers, but I guess we'll have to wait till summer to know about that.
gillian_seed
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami

Postby delvec19 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:26 pm

2016 was the last time it was at MAGIC.

delvec19 has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
delvec19
Master of the Three Blades

Postby shmoozip » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Hazuki00 wrote: You are asuming things based on what you have seen, but we really don't know the real progress of the development, they only show what they want and we know Suzuki tends to be secretive on development progress.

Knowing that Suzuki will be at Magic leads me to think this is the last magic monaco for Shenmue 3.

im a realist. they couldnt even give us a proper trailer. they had to go hard on the deep silver contract and they had to cut and paste some stuff to get it done. and now they outsource lakshya which im very happy with. but that only proves that they only started. i think they just started and that really worries me.
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby shmoozip » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:50 pm

gillian_seed wrote: MAGIC is the natural choice for showing Shenmue III, since it's an event organized by Cedric Biscay. Considering the game has only been there in 2015, it probably means it's near to completion, or at least in an advanced stage of development. My bet is that S3 will be shown in a similiar trailer that the one released in the Gamescon, but now featuring improved models and animation.
We'll probably know about the schedule of the game, the survey for chosing format, name on the credits, etc. We also need information about the trial version for + $100 backers, but I guess we'll have to wait till summer to know about that.

im telling you right now. the trial wont be there untill half 2019. saying it right now. if im wrong ill take it back
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby gillian_seed » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:27 am

delvec19 wrote: 2016 was the last time it was at MAGIC.

Oh yeah, I messed up on the date.

Anyway, I think the core of the game is nearly complete and now they need time for refinements (performance, character models, animation...). I don't think we'll have to wait longer than Holiday 2018. On the other hand, they have to choose the proper launch window and should avoid Red Dead Redemption at all cost... For that reason, I think they could delay the game again, but not for very long. Q1 2019 maybe? (hope not).
gillian_seed
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami

Postby adom11800 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:07 pm

This is good news. Really hope they are gonna show a lot of the game which will involve a lot of hype just like Gamescom was!
I wonder what we will see before hand :-k
I really hope 2018 will be a big year for Shenmue 3 and the game will be released sometime in November.
adom11800

Postby The_Intruder » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:04 pm

I'm really hoping to see a developers progress report update on Christmas. They been saying is in the works in the last 2 updates
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby adom11800 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:39 pm

The_Intruder wrote: I'm really hoping to see a developers progress report update on Christmas. They been saying is in the works in the last 2 updates

That probably won't happen into January because I can't think of anything else they may show before Magic. I could be wrong though...
adom11800

Postby Sappharad » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:15 pm

Sappharad wrote:I have rough estimates for things I would expect to see by certain times (some of which are opinions that I've posted in other threads) and so far that seems to have been reasonable. I was expecting the character stuff that we started seeing in August by last December and once that passed it seemed very possible a delay would happen. The extended trailer showed privately to press in August apparently already showed some form of in-game play. I'm expecting that we will see actual gameplay footage either before or perhaps they'll save it for MAGIC. If we haven't heard any news about motion capture or VO sessions by the end of April, it's going to be very unlikely that they'll make 2018. That's just my personal benchmark for them though based on my estimates of how long things take to do.

Quoting my post now that MAGIC has come and gone. Given the very small selection of new material, there's nothing to push my estimate of where they are beyond where it was 3 months ago.

I liked the rough gameplay mock-ups in the leaked footage, but the fact what they showed was 6 months old is not very promising. Especially since early translations of Cedric's comments about MAGIC suggested they'd be showing gameplay. While that technically did happen, the team hasn't made any efforts to address concerns of people who believe they cannot meet the previously rescheduled 2018 deadline.

I may consider writing them a letter (email) to voice my concerns. They don't need to show us anything, but it would be preferable if we knew where they were so that we wouldn't assume every single time a big event is coming up that we'll see new content. One of the first games I backed on Kickstarter was Broken Age, which also got delayed far beyond it's original estimate. But their communication was amazing compared to this. We got documentary videos where they actually showed the team's whiteboard with their sprint schedule (some of it was censored until after the game was released) and it gave backers exactly what they needed to know about the progress of the game.

Since I said in my previous post that I'm expecting news of VO or Motion Capture actually being in progress by April, if that doesn't happen then my personal opinion is Spring 2019 at this point. We will see.

I've watched the extended trailer many times now and I really like what I saw. If you treat the weird animations and interactions as a mock-up of what they want to do, then a finished version of that is exactly what I hope the game will be like.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:45 pm

I just sent a message on Kickstarter requesting some kind of Q&A session for backers. Obviously, Yu Suzuki is too busy for such a thing, but surely they can get someone from the team to take some questions. I think that would boost morale a little bit. They really need to start talking to the fans.

mjq jazz bar has received 2 thanks from: SickOctopus, Technophilz
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:30 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: I just sent a message on Kickstarter requesting some kind of Q&A session for backers. Obviously, Yu Suzuki is too busy for such a thing, but surely they can get someone from the team to take some questions. I think that would boost morale a little bit. They really need to start talking to the fans.

They're under NDA. Answering tricky Q&As may be quite a tiring exercise for them.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Reprise
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:41 pm

Obviously, since they're part of the team, I would assume they'd be given topics that are ok to discuss. Or they could ask us to submit questions and pick questions they feel they can answer, and provide an update that way. I think there are ways to do it without stepping on anyone's toes. I think it'd be a nice bone for the fans after three years.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby punkmanced » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:39 pm

^awesome suggestion!
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte