Best shenmue 3 version for the future.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Best shenmue 3 version for the future.

Postby RunningBear » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:55 am

If Yu Suzuki gets what he wants there will probably be a couple more games after shenmue 3. If this happens then at least one of those games will end up on the PS5. Seeing how you will probably be able to carry your saved data over from shenmue 3 to 4 wouldn't it be a better idea to get the pc version? I'm afraid that if I play shenmue 3 and 4 on the ps4 that I won't be able to carry my saved game to the ps5. What are your thoughts on this?

RunningBear has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
RunningBear
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: Best shenmue 3 version for the future.

Postby RunningBear » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:03 pm

I guess I'm the only one worried about this :lol: . If shenmue HD comes out I want all of my precious shenmues on the same system lol. Im just kind of disappointed that shenmue 3 isn't going to be the last game. Shenmue fans deserve closure and pushing for another game is to risky.
RunningBear
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby O Rei do Frango Assado » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:47 pm

Nah, I'd rather risk it and have the whole story properly told, as originally envisioned, than a half-assed last installment just to be able to say the story reached its finish.
As for the saved data, can't really say I care all that much about it. I mean, if I can carry it over, great, but, if it's anything like the stuff from Shenmue 1 to 2, then it's pretty much meaningless. What was it? Some notes, some photos, some toys...
When it comes to plot-related choices (and we'll see how much of those we'll have in Shenmue 3), I guess they could always do something like they did in The Witcher 3 (i.e., come up with a reminiscing scene where we say the choices we made before). That was quite ingenious.

Still, Shenmue 3 doesn't even have a release date, we don't know if it'll be any good, we don't know how much it'll sell... I can't really think about Shenmue 4 and 5 right now, to be honest, let alone about saved data being carried over. My concern right now is whether Shenmue 3 will be a worthy sequel.
One step at a time...
O Rei do Frango Assado
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shmoozip » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:31 pm

RunningBear wrote: If Yu Suzuki gets what he wants there will probably be a couple more games after shenmue 3. If this happens then at least one of those games will end up on the PS5. Seeing how you will probably be able to carry your saved data over from shenmue 3 to 4 wouldn't it be a better idea to get the pc version? I'm afraid that if I play shenmue 3 and 4 on the ps4 that I won't be able to carry my saved game to the ps5. What are your thoughts on this?

theres a thing called cloud safe nowadays. many games do this. diablo 3 is one of them where you can take your safe to every console and even pc if you ask them nicely on email. as for console you dont even have to email. if shenmue 3 enables cloud then there is no worry for you
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby Abraham_1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:58 pm

O Rei do Frango Assado wrote: As for the saved data, can't really say I care all that much about it. I mean, if I can carry it over, great, but, if it's anything like the stuff from Shenmue 1 to 2, then it's pretty much meaningless. What was it? Some notes, some photos, some toys...

I agree with you that the stuff itself can be deemed meaningless, but it’s the principle which makes it special imo. The fact that Shenmue II is not just a sequel, but a continuation of a journey. Anything you learned in Shenmue I, like there are moves which are secret and not everyone gets in their playthrough, carries over to Shenmue II. And if you’ve practiced your moves a lot in Shenmue I, then Shenmue II becomes easier. That’s why I think it’s pretty significant; it’s in line with the vision of a continuous story.

Yeah having plot elements carry over, like in Witcher, would be cool, but I think Yu Suzuki has a more linear story in mind.
Abraham_1
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: THEBIGFATDUDE
Nintendo FC: abraham_b123
Steam: Abraham_B
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Danganronpa V3

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:37 pm

You could also carry over moves from S1 to S2 which you didn't automatically get from starting a default S2 game without a S1 save file, so I think it wasn't that meaningless after all.

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to S3 now. I'm more worried about S4 not coming out than any save game issues. Once S4 is announced, we can start thinking about save games. If S4 will come to PC as well, I think this will be a non-issue on PC. There will be ways, official or unofficial, to carry over save games from S3 to S4.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby jasonorme666 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:27 pm

PC is always the best way forward for things like this.
There are large modding communities who I dare say will create custom save game import/export system for Shenmue.

jasonorme666 has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
jasonorme666

Return to Shenmue III