Cedric Biscay confirms Shenmue 3 will release in 2018

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Cedric Biscay confirms Shenmue 3 will release in 2018

Postby Abraham_1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:29 pm

adom11800 wrote: I'm not sure why some people think it will be delayed until 2019 but I guess I could be wrong.
I just really hope, like others that it's out in 2018. The year that Shenmue finally comes back.

I personally think it will be delayed until 2019 because we haven’t seen footage of gameplay yet. We don’t even have concrete details regarding what gameplay will actually be like; for example, the changes made regarding combat are ambiguous. Btw don’t think I’m one of those who hates the game so far. Far from it, I’m optimistic and hope this is the Shenmue we deserve.

However, it’s not just that I think Shenmue 3 will be delayed, I want it to be delayed because I don’t want the game to not meet our expectations. I don’t want Yu Suzuki to feel pressured into meeting a 2018 release date and rushing the game. I’m patient and perfectly happy for the game to come out in 2019, as long as it’s great.
Abraham_1
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: THEBIGFATDUDE
Nintendo FC: abraham_b123
Steam: Abraham_B
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Danganronpa V3

Postby Abraham_1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:39 pm

Telekill wrote:3. Shenmue 4 announced as in development (still PS4/PC)

As much as I’d love if that were to happen, it won’t. Who would be developing Shenmue 4? YSnet. YSnet is too busy working on Shenmue 3 right now. The only way Shenmue 4 will happen is it Shenmue 3 sells well. In order for that to happen, Shenmue 3 needs to be a great game. Otherwise, we will be waiting a few years for another Kickstarter.

My point is, YSnet wouldn’t immediately move development to Shenmue 4. Best case scenario, we will see Shenmue 4 in development in 2020. They’re not a big studio who can afford to have developers working on future games, whilst other developers are working on current releases. The team would probably be working on bug fixes and updates to Shenmue 3, after it releases. Possibly even DLC. It will take a while before they acquire the funds and investment necessary for Shenmue 4. And, as I stated, Shenmue 3 needs to be good for that to happen.

Also, call me optimistic but I don’t think there’s minimal hope for Shenmue HD. I am seriously expecting Sega to release it; it’s only a matter of when.
Last edited by Abraham_1 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Abraham_1
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: THEBIGFATDUDE
Nintendo FC: abraham_b123
Steam: Abraham_B
Currently playing: Danganronpa V3

Postby darksniper » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:42 pm

Plot Twist: Death Stranding will release before Shenmue III.
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Telekill » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Abraham_1 wrote:
Telekill wrote:3. Shenmue 4 announced as in development (still PS4/PC)

As much as I’d love if that were to happen, it won’t. Who would be developing Shenmue 4? YSnet. YSnet is too busy working on Shenmue 3 right now. The only way Shenmue 4 will happen is it Shenmue 3 sells well. In order for that to happen, Shenmue 3 needs to be a great game. Otherwise, we will be waiting a few years for another Kickstarter.

My point is, YSnet wouldn’t immediately move development to Shenmue 4. Best case scenario, we will see Shenmue 4 in development in 2020. They’re not a big studio who can afford to have developers working on future games, whilst other developers are working on current releases. The team would probably be working on bug fixes and updates to Shenmue 3, after it releases. Possibly even DLC. It will take a while before they acquire the funds and investment necessary for Shenmue 4. And, as I stated, Shenmue 3 needs to be good for that to happen.

Also, call me optimistic but I don’t think there’s minimal hope for Shenmue HD. I am seriously expecting Sega to release it; it’s only a matter of when.

I would be in the same mind set as yourself had Deep Silver not jumped on board. With a publisher on board (given that Sega has their thumbs up their rear), I feel that Shenmue 4 jumping into development close to the third chapter's completion is far more likely. Keep the momentum of the team going. Also, if that occurs, Ys Net could simply use the same engine and the development of Shenmue 4 would be far quicker as well as cheaper than the third game's. If extra funds were needed, I'm sure that both Ys Net and Deep Silver fully intend to once again use Kickstarter to get financial support from the fan base. Frankly, I'm sure that most of us would be willing to chip in for the fourth installment to ensure it happening.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby jasonorme666 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:38 pm

With Shenmue 3 complete, Shenmue 4's development would just be building on that. Look how the Yakuza games kept building on the same system.
jasonorme666
Master of the Three Blades

Postby shmoozip » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:01 pm

personally i d not consider cedric to be trustworthy. he unintentionally lied about the playstation meeting. and wether it was an accident or not i lost my trust in him. therefor this message is void
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby adom11800 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:21 am

Abraham_1 wrote:
adom11800 wrote: I'm not sure why some people think it will be delayed until 2019 but I guess I could be wrong.
I just really hope, like others that it's out in 2018. The year that Shenmue finally comes back.

I personally think it will be delayed until 2019 because we haven’t seen footage of gameplay yet. We don’t even have concrete details regarding what gameplay will actually be like; for example, the changes made regarding combat are ambiguous. Btw don’t think I’m one of those who hates the game so far. Far from it, I’m optimistic and hope this is the Shenmue we deserve.

However, it’s not just that I think Shenmue 3 will be delayed, I want it to be delayed because I don’t want the game to not meet our expectations. I don’t want Yu Suzuki to feel pressured into meeting a 2018 release date and rushing the game. I’m patient and perfectly happy for the game to come out in 2019, as long as it’s great.

You make a good and fair point there man. Unless we see a decent amount of gameplay and trailers this year with lots of content then that's when I will really believe that Shenmue III will be out in 2018. Unless they don't want to spoil too much? Kingdom Hearts 3 has shown more trailers, gameplay etc so it's more believeable that that game is out this year.

From what I remember they said the game will be delayed again if anything happens last mintue. To me it feels like they want to release it in 2018 and are aimiing too but remember what happened last time? I guess only time will tell but it's harder to wait longer for Shenmue 3. A game we have all waited so long for is but you make a good point about it being delayed again.
adom11800

Postby shmoozip » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:21 am

fool me once shame on you
fool me twice shame on me
i do not believe anything cedric says

he allready lied to me about that playstation thing
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby adom11800 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:10 pm

Cedric lied about something? What did he lie about?
adom11800

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:01 pm

This is the same troll who says Suzuki drank away all the money.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby shmoozip » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:03 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: This is the same troll who says Suzuki drank away all the money.

dude.
you guys have guessed so many names for me
first i was shenmue legends
now im a troll from somewhere

try to keep it civil ok? i have been nothing but kind to every individual here.

what is your problem? are you not content with my personal opinions? well you have to just take it foer what it is man. every individual is different. get over it.
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby shmoozip » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:04 pm

adom11800 wrote: Cedric lied about something? What did he lie about?

well he forwarded us to look at the playstation presentation hinting there would be some shenmue 3 reveal
(to no avail)
people like to forget it like it did'nt happen.
but it happened
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby Sappharad » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:10 pm

shmoozip wrote:

well he forwarded us to look at the playstation presentation hinting there would be some shenmue 3 reveal
(to no avail)
people like to forget it like it did'nt happen.
but it happened

Because it didn't happen.
He never promised PSX, he said that he hoped they would have something ready to show in December 2016. He gave a timeframe, not an event.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenmueTree » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:00 am

shmoozip wrote:

well he forwarded us to look at the PlayStation presentation hinting there would be some Shenmue 3 reveal
(to no avail)
people like to forget it like it didn't happen.
but it happened

Dude, stop being so entitled. He didn't promise you or anyone shit. He just gave an implication that it MIGHT have been a possibility. If you would like to see how Cedric and others related to Shenmue 3 promotion handle promise that were actually made, please take a look at the Gamescom and Magic announcements, they promised Shenmue 3 stuff would be there and guess what? Shenmue 3 stuff was there! There were zero promises for E3, PGW, or PSX. BUT there is one for this year's MAGIC next month.

SO IF we don't get any Shenmue 3 stuff in February, then you'd have a right to complain but until then you should just cool it because your yapping sounds like a whiny 4-year old that gets upset with their mum because she said they miiiiiiiiight go and get ice cream later, and gets pissy that they didn't go.

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Previous

Return to Shenmue III