Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshots

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:59 am

screenshots look good but honestly that's all we get?
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby celsowm » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:20 am

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote: screenshots look good but honestly that's all we get?

I think we will get some gameplay 17:10 at Shibuya Crazy Time

celsowm has received a thanks from: RiGoRmOrTiS
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:39 am

At the end of the day at 5:10 pm CET there is a Shibuya Productions "Crazy Time" with Cédric Biscay. While the exact content is undisclosed, with Shibuya Productions co-producing Shenmue III we may be treated to some additional material; after all it was at this very session at MAGIC 2016 where three new Shenmue III videos were revealed.

yeah the info above does say this, so fingers crossed
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby celsowm » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:59 am

I am very very VERY impressed by those new pictures guys, the little girl remembered me a lot the "style" of modern Yakuza, don't you guys?

And the old guy slipping scene is totally different when you compare with the last year

celsowm

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Hazuki00 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:01 am

I LOVE the new images, they are VERY SHENMUE for me, characters are highly detailed and the backsgrounds, lights, colors are sublime!

A bit dissapointed about Suzuki's conference, few new info and only four images??

As some fellows have said, this afternoon at crazy time they SHOULD show some videogameplay. Cedric have been teasing video gameplay of Shenmue 3 several times so he must know people will get angry if he doesn't show something substancial.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:25 am

Ryo's eyes still look kind of "empty", to be honest. But by and large these images look fantastic. Love the way the NPCs look and I'm even starting to grow fond of Mr Muscles. Who is he? He doesn't look Chinese at all. More like Uyghur, Kazakh or maybe Mongol...

Is he one of the KS backer combat NPCs? :D

Also, they finally nailed Ryo's face, imho. Finally got the facial features and the complexion right. The only thing I'd criticize are Ryo's eyes.

Wonder who the girl standing next to Ryo is and why is he holding a bamboo stick?

It's a pty we didn't get to see the new Shenhua model Yu talked about. The one which he approves of.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Technophilz » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:29 am

The game is supposed to be out in a few month, right? right???!!!
I don't speak French, so can someone tell if they've officially announced another delay yet ? #-o
Technophilz

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:06 am

Technophilz wrote: The game is supposed to be out in a few month, right? right???!!!
I don't speak French, so can someone tell if they've officially announced another delay yet ? #-o
i don’t see how it’s coming out anytime soon. We’ve seen absolutely zero gameplay.

mjq jazz bar has received 3 thanks from: Abraham_1, SickOctopus, Technophilz
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:15 am

didn't they say game play would be shown this time? I thought I read somewhere that Biscay said there would be. If so that'll be during this crazy time they mention. If we see nothing this afternoon no way this game is coming 2018.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:20 am

Here's a summary of the whole thing, but it's in French: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/73705-shenmue-3-suivez-la-conference-magic-2018-en-direct-ce-matin

Not gonna translate the whole thing here. In short, he described as short and frustrating if my highschool French serves me right here ("court et frustrant").

Yu said that that progress on S3 is going well but effectively dodged the quesstion of when S3 is coming.

Apparently the largest part of the interview was Yu talking about the making of the first two games. Why, Yu? Why, Cedric?

One interesting thing is that Mr Muscles is kind of a boss or a sub-boss who uses various styles of martial arts.

Yu said one thing that really made me cringe, unfortunately.

Yu Suzuki est intéressé par l'idée de décliner la marque Shenmue en film, série, en disques, etc.
S'il a déjà fait Shenmue The Movie avec des séquences du jeu, il aimerait pouvoir repartir de zéro avec de vrais acteurs ou des images de synthèse.

So he'd like to make the Shenmue brand into a film or series... Be it with real actors or computer generated stuff.

Please keep it a video game, Yu. [-o<
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:24 am

He was just answering the journalist's question though. It's like the spinoff with Ren at Hong Kong, they are only ideas among his many many ideas coming from his hot mind.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:28 am

Yeah, Yokosuka. Let's hope so. If it's only something like the Ren and Ryo in Shanghai movie clip, I could handl it. :)
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:30 am

I would rather see a shenmue manga that follows the stories of secondary characters like the short comics featured in shenmue 2. But that's because I don't have much faith in video game movies in general.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Hazuki00 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:30 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: Here's a summary of the whole thing, but it's in French: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/73705-shenmue-3-suivez-la-conference-magic-2018-en-direct-ce-matin

Yu said that that progress on S3 is going well but effectively dodged the quesstion of when S3 is coming.

Apparently the largest part of the interview was Yu talking about the making of the first two games. Why, Yu? Why, Cedric?

[-o<

From what I could read about the interview, these are one of the few new info he talked about.

He doesn't want to talk about release date, maybe because he isn't sure they can release it this year or maybe he can't talk about it yet.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III