Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshots

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:21 am

Yokosuka wrote:
(btw, did Hitler adapt well to his new life in Argentina?)

That reminds me of this:

phpBB [video]

:rotflmao:

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby iyapol » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:22 am

alexironaek wrote: because even this video was meant to be for the press and everyone who was there. At the beginning of the video it clearly states "Please do not record as it does not represent the latest of the game in development."

I appreciate that, but we live in a world where it's easy to pull your phone out of your pocket and start filming at high resolution. We also live in a world where you can share things with the world in seconds.

Unfortunately, an English disclaimer at a French games festival was never going to stop people from filming and sharing.
Last edited by iyapol on Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby gillian_seed » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:50 am

shredingskin wrote: I think it's funny, so no.

Still upset for being thrown out from the world cup by the same team twice in a row? :-k
gillian_seed
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami

Postby Telekill » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:55 am

My two cents:

I honestly forgot about Magic and even when it was being hyped, I didn't care given that we got very little from the last one. I expected nothing from Magic and expect nothing until E3.

I feel the images shown are a great improvement on the character side of things. I'm not worried in the least about the clipping of the environments. It will get sorted out. As for the odd animations in the extended video that we weren't supposed to see in the first place.... the video is more than six months old. It was taken before Deep Silver jumped in adding both funds and support to the project. Hell, for the four new screenshots we got, they probably just did a quick drop of the characters into the old environments and posed them quickly via a "cut/paste" scenario to get something out and new for fans.

I'm thinking it will be at E3 when we see a full gameplay trailer and I'm still looking forward to seeing what Suzuki and company have cooked up for this long awaited sequel.

Telekill has received 2 thanks from: Reprise, VukBZ2005
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby shredingskin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:59 am

gillian_seed wrote:
shredingskin wrote: I think it's funny, so no.

Still upset for being thrown out from the world cup by the same team twice in a row? :-k

Yep, but I didn't make the comment with any other intention to do some edgy humor.

iyapol wrote:Unfortunately, an English disclaimer at a French games festival was never going to stop people from filming and sharing.

Neither would a french disclaimer IMO, it's even better, so the people that see it can understand it.
Still, there's not much of a reason to not show it to the public, it's basically the same, I see the point of trying to butter up press with some exclusive content, but now I don't see the problem of showing this trailer to the public (while it's still their choice and should be respected).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby WildManofBorneo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:44 pm

shredingskin wrote:

Did 80 guys work on KCD ?? That's quite a lot, specially for the initial budget the game has. I guess that's around double of what SIII has on permanent plant.

I think that SIII is a pretty damn big game to be released this year, but who knows, we don't really know much the game is nearly finished (heck, wasn't the gamescom trailer already old when it was on gamescom ?).

During the initial Kickstarter in 2014 Warhorse had stated that they were aiming for a team of 75 in order to realize a game of such breadth. Surpassing expectations, their studio ultimately grew to 80 staff.

Regarding the size of the Shenmue team, wages in Japan are approximately 2.5x higher than they are in the Czech Republic, meaning crowd funding doesn't go as far. However, Shenmue 3 has currently raised more than 3x the amount of Kingdom Come: Deliverance.
WildManofBorneo
Master of the Three Blades

Postby south carmain » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:10 pm

WildManofBorneo wrote:
shredingskin wrote:

Did 80 guys work on KCD ?? That's quite a lot, specially for the initial budget the game has. I guess that's around double of what SIII has on permanent plant.

I think that SIII is a pretty damn big game to be released this year, but who knows, we don't really know much the game is nearly finished (heck, wasn't the gamescom trailer already old when it was on gamescom ?).

During the initial Kickstarter in 2014 Warhorse had stated that they were aiming for a team of 75 in order to realize a game of such breadth. Surpassing expectations, their studio ultimately grew to 80 staff.

Regarding the size of the Shenmue team, wages in Japan are approximately 2.5x higher than they are in the Czech Republic, meaning crowd funding doesn't go as far. However, Shenmue 3 has currently raised more than 3x the amount of Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

In Japan or Tokyo? Because Tokyo is quite a bit more expensive than the rest of Japan.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Sappharad » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:04 pm

For those who haven't looked there, I replied to the news thread where Ziming posted the recorded trailer with my own version of it. Audio and video have been replaced with higher quality versions wherever possible. I'm willing to update it if better material becomes available. The video source was the posts by "Shenmue Forever" on Twitter that got deleted 15 minutes after they were posted.

The only things that I couldn't re-use from the original are near the end, some of the fades go between mismatching scenes, and I couldn't use the short second or two scene that pans around some trees. That scene, despite being the exact same area, seems to start in the public video right where the private version ended, so the camera angles don't match. I tried to blend the two the best I could whenever transitioning between them. If anyone who was there ever publishes a higher quality recording I can edit those pieces into this instead.

The other reason I put it in that thread, is if they do decide to remove the video, it will be easier since it's in the same thread as the site's "official" copy.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby WildManofBorneo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:10 pm

south carmain wrote:
WildManofBorneo wrote:
shredingskin wrote:

In Japan or Tokyo? Because Tokyo is quite a bit more expensive than the rest of Japan.

Income stats are from Prague and Tokyo (2017).
WildManofBorneo

Postby south carmain » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:30 pm

WildManofBorneo wrote:
south carmain wrote:
WildManofBorneo wrote:
shredingskin wrote:

fair enough.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sappharad » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:03 pm

WildManofBorneo wrote:
south carmain wrote:
WildManofBorneo wrote:Regarding the size of the Shenmue team, wages in Japan are approximately 2.5x higher than they are in the Czech Republic, meaning crowd funding doesn't go as far. However, Shenmue 3 has currently raised more than 3x the amount of Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Is this just average for people, or average for the industry? Mentioning this because Game Developers in Japan typically make less than their counterparts in other countries:
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/118 ... _57590.php
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby gillian_seed » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:03 pm

Sappharad wrote:
WildManofBorneo wrote:
south carmain wrote:
WildManofBorneo wrote:Regarding the size of the Shenmue team, wages in Japan are approximately 2.5x higher than they are in the Czech Republic, meaning crowd funding doesn't go as far. However, Shenmue 3 has currently raised more than 3x the amount of Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Is this just average for people, or average for the industry? Mentioning this because Game Developers in Japan typically make less than their counterparts in other countries:

That's a good point. Many people make an analogy with CD Projekt, they say it is cheaper to develop in Poland. If the reason is the general lower wages, who can stop developers (especially those talented ones) to move to the UK or some other countries to work? Maybe it is a bit cheaper to make a game in central Europe, but not that much.
gillian_seed
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami

Postby Rico » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:27 pm

Characters from screenshots look good. The new QTE with blue flashes looks strange, I prefer old QTE with Shenmue 1. I am glad that QTE Title machine will return.
Rico
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby south carmain » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:09 pm

gillian_seed wrote:
Sappharad wrote:
WildManofBorneo wrote:
south carmain wrote:

That's a good point. Many people make an analogy with CD Projekt, they say it is cheaper to develop in Poland. If the reason is the general lower wages, who can stop developers (especially those talented ones) to move to the UK or some other countries to work? Maybe it is a bit cheaper to make a game in central Europe, but not that much.

In terms of salary, total amount isn't everything. Living costs in Poland are also much lower than the UK so overall it might not be that advantageous for them to move to the UK even if the pay is much higher.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby JohnBlack » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:17 pm

WildManofBorneo wrote:
south carmain wrote:

Thats wrong. In Japan salary for developer is much lower then in any of eastern europe / russia, since IT industry often viewed as not that important as manufacturing and etc. My friend just left Japan a couple years ago, his salary was about 200k yen. And its somewhere near 1.9k usd.
JohnBlack

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III