Update #79: MAGIC 2018 Participation Info

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Update #79: MAGIC 2018 Participation Info

Postby sand4fish » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:28 am

MAGIC 2018 Participation Info
Posted by Ys Net (Creator)
日本語はこちら

Hello Everyone,

As some fans may already know, MAGIC (Monaco Anime Game International Conferences) is coming up to be held on February 24th. We are happy to announce director Yu Suzuki will once again be making an appearance!

MAGIC is organized by Shibuya Productions who’s CEO, Cédric Biscay, is co-producer of Shenmue III. The event hosts conferences for manga artists and game creators as well as gaming, cosplay and manga contests.

A conference with Yu Suzuki is planned for the day. Once details have been worked out with participating partners, we will have an update to follow up.

Please see the official MAGIC site for more information on the day’s schedule.

Thank you as always for your continued support!

sand4fish has received 3 thanks from: ShenGCH, The_Intruder, VukBZ2005
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Update #79: MAGIC 2018 Participation Info

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:31 am

Let’s hope the conference will be open to public, i’m going to MAGIC just for Yu and Shenmue.

Shenhua-Nani? has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:08 am

Conferences there tend to be open to all in attendance.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Technophilz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:38 am

Yet another useless "update", I am not sure why the marketing team behind this project keep assuming that we live under a rock and keep giving us one uninformative update after another ... they need to know that we've been digging deep and turning every stone for anything Shenmue-related for years and years.

I have to say that I was shocked by the quality of the new three screenshots. Characters models are hugely improved and they have some decent facial expressions now, I hope they're not final though, because they still don't look as authentic as the originals, but they are nearly there and I have to give them credit for improving on them. Overall graphics are way better and much closer to current-gen standards now, the lighting in particular has also been improved and looks more realistic.
Although we don't know yet whether those shots were taken from a CG or real-time sequence, they still look vastly improved over what's shown earlier, this is the kind of material they have to present to fans and media. Still, I am kinda disappointed that we didn't get those gorgeous shots via an official KS update, that shows that the horrible marketing/communication strategy this project has had is still broken and needs to be fixed sooner than later, they also have to bring the older logo back, and I think we have to keep telling them that the new logo is bad and unacceptable.

I am excited to see what MAGIC will bring us, hopefully we'll get some decent video that could hopefully address all (or most of) the earlier concerns.
Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:02 pm

This update is 100% useless. It literally tells us nothng that we did not already know. These details were already previously announced.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:03 pm

I read my email history and it's the first time they talk about Magic 2018. In addition, I knew that Yu Suzuki will be there but I was not sure whether there would be a conference so I do appreciate the clarification.

Yokosuka has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, Sonoshee
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Sappharad » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:24 pm

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: Let’s hope the conference will be open to public, i’m going to MAGIC just for Yu and Shenmue.

You need to register on the website to attend. Do not forget to do this.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby gillian_seed » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:49 am

I don't understand why they didn't post the new three screenshots. Many people, even being Shenmue fans, are not aware about what the media say and they haven't seen the models' improvement.

Technophilz wrote:they also have to bring the older logo back, and I think we have to keep telling them that the new logo is bad and unacceptable.

Why don't you tell them on the KS comments? Many people complain on the forums or Facebook, but just a few do it on the right place. If everyone who disagrees on changing the logo made a comment on the KS page, they would probably listen.

gillian_seed has received 2 thanks from: spud1897, Technophilz
gillian_seed
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami

Postby delvec19 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:49 am

10 more days!
delvec19