Not going to play Shenmue III beta

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Not going to play Shenmue III beta

Postby Hopeful » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:24 am

I'm pretty sure all of us of the Kick Starter campaign has being thinking whether to play Shenmue III beta when is available to us.

There is no doubt that I want to play Shenmue III, but I want it to be the complete game. Not missing scenes or game play for example.

So I have decided to not to play the beta and wait for the complete game. It is going to be tempting, but I will wait until the game is finally released.

What are you guys going to do when beta is released? Play or not play it?
Hopeful
Asia Travel Representative

Re: Not going to play Shenmue III beta

Postby Sailor-San » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:38 am

I dont want to play it either. Without a doubt Shenmue III "has to be" played as a full on experience when you waited for so long IMO. Be it as it may, i think it will be a great experience.

Recently i discovered this small piece of music on youtube by Ryuji Luchi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cTojkWI-PQ

This music is proof for me that the overall shenmue atmosphere will be in the game. So i can't imagine just to play for an hour or two and that i have to stop it and wait...

p.s I am well aware that i am bit late by discovering it just recently . :)
Sailor-San

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue I+II

Postby The_Intruder » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:44 am

I want to play Shenmue III demo but my PC is outdated and I don't have the money to buy a new one.

The_Intruder has received a thanks from: iyapol
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Hazuki00 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:01 am

Hopeful wrote: I'm pretty sure all of us of the Kick Starter campaign has being thinking whether to play Shenmue III beta when is available to us.

There is no doubt that I want to play Shenmue III, but I want it to be the complete game. Not missing scenes or game play for example.

So I have decided to not to play the beta and wait for the complete game. It is going to be tempting, but I will wait until the game is finally released.

As far as I know, the Shenmue 3 demo will be like "What's Shenmue" was, not story related, only to know the mechanics of the game, so we won't be spoiled.

I've thought the same sometimes but in the end I won't be able to refrain myself to play it!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Sappharad » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:47 am

Sailor-San wrote:Recently i discovered this small piece of music on youtube by Ryuji Iuchi. This music is proof for me that the overall shenmue atmosphere will be in the game. So i can't imagine just to play for an hour or two and that i have to stop it and wait...

p.s I am well aware that i am bit late by discovering it just recently . :)

Although it's almost 2 years old, you couldn't have discovered it last year anyway because he pulled it down off his SoundCloud and YouTube channels. Glad to see that he re-posted it.
Hazuki00 wrote:As far as I know, the Shenmue 3 demo will be like "What's Shenmue" was, not story related, only to know the mechanics of the game, so we won't be spoiled.

This. Suzuki-san said in a previous interview somewhere that it's a separate experience from the full game. (Hence why the kickstarter calls it a trial and not a beta)
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Hazuki00 wrote:
Hopeful wrote: I'm pretty sure all of us of the Kick Starter campaign has being thinking whether to play Shenmue III beta when is available to us.

As far as I know, the Shenmue 3 demo will be like "What's Shenmue" was, not story related, only to know the mechanics of the game, so we won't be spoiled.

I've thought the same sometimes but in the end I won't be able to refrain myself to play it!

If so, it's a no brainer!!! =P~
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby KiBa » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:04 pm

I am building a custom Shenmue 3 machine, not because I need another gaming machine, but because Shenmue 3 is holy and should not be installed on a computer that has other games on it, nor indeed any non-Shenmue-related media. That would be obscene, salacious, haram.

However, I suppose the Shenmue 3 Trial would be halal.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Gastarot » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:28 am

Bulshit all, you will never resist to try juste for move Ryo Hazuki. Everyone on the forum will play demo i'm sure. :roll:

Gastarot has received a thanks from: Esppiral
Gastarot
Banned
Banned

PSN: Gastarot
Steam: Gastarot
Currently playing: Jet Set Radio

Postby iyapol » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:47 am

The_Intruder wrote: I want to play Shenmue III demo but my PC is outdated and I don't have the money to buy a new one.

This. Would need to bring my laptop up to scratch before playing it.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Abraham_1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:26 am

The whole point of the demo is for us to give feedback. That way, we can provide good criticism of the game and any issues we have with it, which could potentially bring about a positive change in the game before its main release. So of course I’ll play it.
Abraham_1
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: THEBIGFATDUDE
Nintendo FC: abraham_b123
Steam: Abraham_B
Currently playing: Danganronpa V3

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:24 am

iyapol wrote:
The_Intruder wrote: I want to play Shenmue III demo but my PC is outdated and I don't have the money to buy a new one.

If you have a laptop you need to buy an entire new computer. But that's hard because computer parts are so expensive now.

This is the same problem I have.
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby iyapol » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:54 am

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
iyapol wrote:

If you have a laptop you need to buy an entire new computer. But that's hard because computer parts are so expensive now.

This is the same problem I have.

Oh, great! : D
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby jakester » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:16 pm

Although I'd be very tempted to play the demo, I think I'd rather just enjoy the finished product. Beta is obviously meant for feedback but I know there's plenty of hard-core Shenmue fans who will provide valued feedback and I salute them for it! =D>
jakester
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby badamn » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:04 am

Im gonna have to play it,i have friends that still don't really believe its coming out they wont believe it till they see it
badamn
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Ceej » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:23 am

At this point I'll be surprised if it actually comes out. A beta would occupy resources that would be better applied towards meeting the launch date at the end of this year.
Ceej

Next

Return to Shenmue III