Is Niao Sun still planned to be the villain in Shenmue III?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Is Niao Sun still planned to be the villain in Shenmue I

Postby SledgeNE » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:48 am

I like the idea that Mr. Muscles could be a possible placeholder for anyone. In one pose of the new pictures from MAGIC 2018 Mr. Muscles have a female-like pose, i think. On the Warehouse-Picture.
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:53 am

SledgeNE wrote: I like the idea that Mr. Muscles could be a possible placeholder for anyone. In one pose of the new pictures from MAGIC 2018 Mr. Muscles have a female-like pose, i think. On the Warehouse-Picture.

I don't think he's a placeholder in that image, personally. And he's taking some kind of mantis style stance, so not really gender specific.

Admittedly, Niao Sun is supposed to be a master of mantis style too, but it's more likely Mr Muscles is her underling than his model being a placeholder for hers in that shot.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: SledgeNE
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:23 pm

No way Mr Muscles is a placeholder for Niao Sun. Also, Mr Muscles is way taller and buffer than Niao Sun. The whole fight choreography, especially the fight on the Great Wall, would not make sense anymore, if Mr Muscles was a placeholder for Niao Sun.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kiske » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:52 am

Speaking of Niao Sun and Mr Muscles, I just learned that there are two "Praying Mantis" Kung Fu styles.

"Shanxi" (relying on inner strength and borrowing power to fight), also known as the "gentle Praying Mantis" style and "Shandong", which style looks very hard and strong.

Very interesting video about the "Shanxi Style" Praying Mantis Kung Fu:
phpBB [video]

I'm now wondering which of the two styles, if Yu makes a distinction between them, Niao Sun and maybe also Mr Muscles will be using in Shenmue 3.

Kiske has received 3 thanks from: Nankeiro, Switch, Truck_1_0_1_
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:09 am

UltimateBeing01 wrote:
Jibby wrote:I think it's very likely that we'll see her. Her character model was also in the background of the teaser if I remember correctly, so I wouldn't worry.
KidMarine wrote:You can see Niao Sun hidden in the background of the teaser from last year, she's definitely in it. I think the big muscular guy is one of her underlings.

Perhaps. But that could have just been an easter egg.

I just get the strange feeling she won't be in this game. I don't know why.

Another thing that leads me to believe elements are being eliminated: Yu keeps talking about 11 chapters. Originally this series was supposed to have 16 chapters. Shenmue I's player's guide from way back when said this. Plus there's this

Somebody's gotta go back to the guts and beginnings of this forum and the Shenmue II forum; all of your questions will be answered and thensome :)
Truck_1_0_1_

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Previous

Return to Shenmue III