Honest Shenmue III Poll

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

What is the likelihood of Shenmue III being released? (Total votes: 53)

Very likely- 81-100%
36%
Pretty likely- 61-80%
25%
Maybe- 41-60%
23%
Not very likely- 21-40%
8%
Not likely at all- 1-20%
8%
Not going to happen, period.
2%

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:52 am

Already 8 votes, and it's this late at night....

Anyway, I agree Hellraiser, but I've gotten my hopes up for way too many things, like when SEGA was going to be unveiling a secret titles at E3 this year.
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby SEGA-Comrade » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:53 am

Hellraiser wrote:Why redesign Shenmue.com or have the series stand out at the new digitalrex site if they didn't care?

Good point Hellraiser... And also why would Yu Suzuki send this message to us? "I wouldn't feel complete if Shenmue ended with the second game. The voices of our fans are constantly being sent to us, as well. I'm currently scheming to start up some kind of action with the series." ~Yu Suzuki~

This is why I always keep my spirit up.
SEGA-Comrade
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby The_Intruder » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:04 am

SEGA-Comrade wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:Why redesign Shenmue.com or have the series stand out at the new digitalrex site if they didn't care?

Good point Hellraiser... And also why would Yu Suzuki send this message to us? "I wouldn't feel complete if Shenmue ended with the second game. The voices of our fans are constantly being sent to us, as well. I'm currently scheming to start up some kind of action with the series." ~Yu Suzuki~

Everytime I read that interesting Quote of Yu Suzuki. I always question myself? If Yu Suzuki is currently scheming=planning to start up some kind of action with the series, doesn't he sounds like is about time to give Shenmue 3 the Greenlight?

In my own personal opinion, I think like development of Shenmue 3 has to be going on at this moment. Just look at the Shenmue.com redesign that it had not long ago, that quote of Yu Suzuki, and the link of the Shenmue.com website in Digitalrex site. Is like giving us a hint or something...
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Ziming » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:04 am

Yu Suzuki could of honestly told Edge magazine "no" about Shenmue 3 if they cancelled the series. Simple as that....
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby b_ren » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:13 am

They would have cancalled it by now if they wern't making it.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby waser2 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:20 am

i put maybe
waser2
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Birty » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:24 am

The_Intruder wrote:
SEGA-Comrade wrote:

Everytime I read that interesting Quote of Yu Suzuki. I always question myself? If Yu Suzuki is currently scheming=planning to start up some kind of action with the series, doesn't he sounds like is about time to give Shenmue 3 the Greenlight?

In my own personal opinion, I think like development of Shenmue 3 has to be going on at this moment. Just look at the Shenmue.com redesign that it had not long ago, that quote of Yu Suzuki, and the link of the Shenmue.com website in Digitalrex site. Is like giving us a hint or something...

Hey Intruder why did you sign out as Sega-Comrade and quote urself using the Intruder account?
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Silas » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:27 am

I believe that if it was going to be canned altogether, they would have said so.

Yu said "Not yet" That means not yet. The way he said it unfortunately indicated that not yet meant not for quite a while, i.e. (contrary to Intruder's opinion) they have not been developing it all this time.

However, it is an ongoing story and however badly it sold it is widely considered the greatest video game ever created. It would ultimately reflect very badly on SEGA (if they're going to survive their recent troubles) if they left their greatest achievement dangling like that.

It is on this basis that I have voted "Quite Likely 61% - 80%", and I personally feel it's closer to the 80%. But nothing is certain in this life and SEGA may yet go through more changes.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby The_Intruder » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:39 am

Birty2k wrote:
The_Intruder wrote:
SEGA-Comrade wrote:

Hey Intruder why did you sign out as Sega-Comrade and quote urself using the Intruder account?

lol. :lol: I'm just playing a little game... This is actually fun
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby LanDC » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:19 pm

The game will be finished. Even if it were made cheap.. Glitchy and looked terrible. It will be finished. It's too important and too much work has been done.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Silas » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:23 pm

Oh, come on LanDC! You can't tell me you'd be happy at a cheap, glitchy Shenmue game!

That would be an utter betrayal. My point was that they're finishing it because it's their highest quality product - they'd hardly make it any less of a high quality.

Of course, they may reduce the FREE element and the minigames, concentrate on the story - and simply have fewer NPCs to have conversations with, so that they don't have to spend a lot of time and money on what is, after all, just a side issue. I'd understand it if they did that. But I don't remotely believe they'll put less effort into producing a fully rounded, debugged and beautifully created game.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby The_Intruder » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:29 pm

I couldn't find the X to erase it was gone...
Last edited by The_Intruder on Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Silas » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:34 pm

This is not a rumours thread, Intruder. Can you repost that on one of your own Rumour topics?
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby The_Intruder » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:36 pm

Is actually true... I read the whole article myself. I can tell differences in between a rumor & the true.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Silas » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:38 pm

Still this is off topic - there are enough topics going around about news and rumours. This topic is purely and simply about whether we think there will be a Shenmue 3 or not - and LanDC and I are talking about what kind of game it might be.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III